How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Clipart

in Powerpoint 2010 we could use Clipart and customize it to include company graphics, which were indexed and thus searchable via keywrds.
That allowed our users to create a presentation with our company's concepts and graphics.
Starting in PowerPoint 2013 this option was removed, and replaced by 2 options:
1. The Bing online search for images and clip-arts (which searches for generally available graphics on the Internet)
2. Connect to the user's OneDrive and add files from there. (which are personal user files)
Both of these options do not deliver what we need, which is a centrally managed (add / remove / edit keywords etc.) graphics repository, which should also be available offline (for the laptop users).
I would like to see a feature under the "online pictures" (configurable through GPO) that adds the corporate's custom graphics as an image source.
This feature is mostly missed in Powerpoint, but it is also missed in Word (maybe even Excel).

235 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shlomi Malul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

680 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carolynn Mackey-Coots commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am SO disappointed that you all decided to remove this wonderful function from Word. The directions for how to find art (now) are confusing & unworkable for me. This makes Word, very unappealing.
    Bring it back.

• Gerlinde Sheppard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the Microsoft clipart. Other sites make you agree to all kinds of things. If I feel as if I have to have a law degree to download, I pass. I quit using images.

• 石原 英子 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

l初心者です。オンラインクリップアートライブラリーのofficeへの復活を希望します。
     オンライン画像 の取得の方法を教えてください。

• Debra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring your clip art library back, it is so much easier to use that feature then bing etc
    Why did you do that ?

Not a happy costumer:(

• Sharon Pontrella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an educator, I would love to have Microsoft bring back some type of version of clip art. Students in the lower grades just starting to use Microsoft would benefit from the ease of finding pictures and as an educator, it would make it so much easier to help students find pictures that were appropriate and free.

Thanks for listening!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, c'mon. Now instead of having fun creating and embellishing a sign or poster, it's been made much more difficult. I do NOT appreciate this 'upgrade' and wish that Clip Art would be made available again, for those of us who are no longer office professionals!

not happy that you have discontinued the clip art. very inconvenient to have to search other places.

I for one would love to have clip art available to make posters and signs easy and more interesting.

• Jennifer Schumacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want the OLD clip art library back. If I want something fresh, I'll go find it. The usability without violating copyright is exactly why you should still have that basic image library.

• Sandy Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to put the online clipart back into Office. I used it a lot. A lot easier that going online and trying to find something.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it's easy to find images by doing a search through Bing or another search engine, one never really knows the source or whether or not the clipart is public domain. The last thing I need is to use some artwork that I found online and end up getting sued for copyright infringement. When images were part of Office I never had that worry. It would be really great if Microsoft brought back the free clipart that it once offered.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base