How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Clipart

in Powerpoint 2010 we could use Clipart and customize it to include company graphics, which were indexed and thus searchable via keywrds.
That allowed our users to create a presentation with our company's concepts and graphics.
Starting in PowerPoint 2013 this option was removed, and replaced by 2 options:
1. The Bing online search for images and clip-arts (which searches for generally available graphics on the Internet)
2. Connect to the user's OneDrive and add files from there. (which are personal user files)
Both of these options do not deliver what we need, which is a centrally managed (add / remove / edit keywords etc.) graphics repository, which should also be available offline (for the laptop users).
I would like to see a feature under the "online pictures" (configurable through GPO) that adds the corporate's custom graphics as an image source.
This feature is mostly missed in Powerpoint, but it is also missed in Word (maybe even Excel).

181 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shlomi Malul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

518 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, bring "Clip Art" back! I know that's possible! You know that is possible! Because "Clip Art" was here yet! You mustn't invent nothing of new! You have to happy your customers!

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you no longer have the clip art feature, I will most likely switch from using Microsoft Word to Google Docs. Not having clipart is a huge inconvenience for users like me.

i'm a BIG fan of the Clip Art feature due to using it quite often. I will really miss it when I migrate to Windows 10, which I have not done previously due partially to the loss of this capability.

• Beth A Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to see the clip art feature come back on Office. It's so quick and easy to access compared to searching online, and figuring out if each individual image can be used or not. I usually just need small simple graphics for illustrating purposes.
        Thanks!
        Beth Russell

Loved the ease of using Clip Art. Please bring clip art back...it was so easy and felt safer than searching on the web.

It seems like an easy thing to keep. If it anint broke dont fix it. We are still at the stage where many people are not tech savy and simplicity for fun and creativity is valuable. Bring it back. Expand it to include a higher quality version as well as the oldies. Charge a penny or two per use for the IMPROVED expanded version--IF NECESSARY. But provide something, and demote (fine, slap wrists, stick tongue out at) those responsible for this premature evacuation.

• Fran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring the general clip art library back. I am 80 years old & I don't have time learn how to go searching for clip art on line. I use it for my music club programs and for the chorus programs in my retirement community. It is most frustrating to not be able to decorate these things like I used to.

It is most inconvenient to no longer have access to general clip art. Removal of this feature from 2010 made me feel tricked. aka What you bought is no longer what you get.

Clip art through Microsoft was so easy since I didn't have to worry about licenses. Bring it back!

Please put back clip art. We really need it!!!!! I do a tiny newsletter every 3 months for a woman's group. All retiree's.

• Eileen P. Brymer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put back "Clip Art"! This retiree found it to be the simplest one-time use option every now and then, not on a regular basis. I'm not paying for a program or for any art online. I'm not a mass producer and these images were a blessing. I understand the creators want their money, but I did not use them for sales or marketing purposes.

Clip Art is my staple 'go-to' peeps! Come on! I agree - just put it back in as an option for use. I use them (quite successfully I might add) for Power Point also AND for my student hand-outs I'm constantly making! I am stuck without them. GEEZ.
        Some things are OK to keep even if the younger generation deems them 'old'. Windows 7 is an excellent example! "Don't fix it if it aint broken!" Got it?

Please bring Clipart back if possible! A retired secondary Government & Economics teacher for 46 years, I can't tell you how useful and important it was to include visuals in my handouts and PowerPoint presentations and lessons. It not only helped me to make them easier to understand, especially for the more learners! It saved precious time for teachers. --Thank you!

• Vickie Fournier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate not having my clip art! It is too expensive to print out photos when all you need is the little clip art that it exactly right for the occasion. Put it back! PLEASE!

YOUR CLIP ART WASN'T AS OVERWHELMING . ALSO I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT COPYRIGHT ISSUES. IT WAS EASY TO USE--I'M NO TECHIE. THERE WERE A COUPLE OF CLIP ARTS I REALLY LIKED. AND I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MOVE AND WORK WITH CLIP ARTS THAT I'D LIKE TO USE IN MY DOCUMENTS. JB

Bitte bringt das gute alte ClipArt-Programm zurück. Es war so einfach, schnell und praktisch. Online Fotos herunterzuladen bringt Probleme mit dem Copyright und ist umständlich in der Handhabung.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base