How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI here. https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

Please consider adding support for this.

214 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kane Peterson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very very usefull!
        It would be even more powerfull with:

- Custom Resolution outputs (so taking the output resolution from custom slide resolutions)
        - Support of Alpha (If you don't add a background in powerpoint you get alpha in the NDI screen, which would be amazing in compositing the powerpoint in a mediaserver or use for titling.)

This would be fabulous. Using this with the SimpleSupers.com app for live animated graphics with a production switcher would be awesome.

• Trustme I can commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I am currently using NDI Scan Converter to capture PowerPoint. Please add NDI output as an internal feature of PowerPoint!

• aolish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I was thinking the exact same thing! Please support NDI, it would greatly help us with our church services. NDI can greatly reduce additional hardware costs, I am praying that Microsoft will implement NDI for PowerPoint. Having the ability to take the feed straight from an IP source into a broadcast can make PP really powerful and will separate the competition. Anyone that does live streaming will tell you just how quickly expensive it can get. With NDI this can really make or break a persons pocket.

• Ross McIntosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Kane, your request seems to gaining a lot more traction that my previous one.
        I'd love to see this implemented in PowerPoint for Windows and Mac.
        It would be especially useful if both the Presentation View and Presenter View could be simultaneously output as separate NDI Streams.

Let's do this.
        Will revolutionise our production workflow!

• Toni Moreno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will make easier for all of us to use a "last minute" powerpoint into VMIX, OBS, Tricaster, Wirecast, ...

This would be a massive feature. And make PowerPoint- a powerful broadcast tool.

• gv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great tool for all of corporate America who are using production tools for presentations and streaming meetings.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base