How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

User friendly page numbering, please

Has anyone addressed this here? Page numbering is cumbersome and can be a nightmare.

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phil Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Number slides from: {} should be in the Insert -> Header and Footer -> Slide Number () dialogue and not the Design -> Slide Size dialogue. There is no logical sense why it is there. It's like a supermarket putting carrots in the cereals aisle?

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should work like in Word. I should be able to click the page number and "format" it. I should be able to re-start page numbering for a new section. What's the purpose of having sections in ppt if you can't have different page numbering?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to merge presentations and allow to restart numbering within merged presentation.

It would be great to be able to merge presentations and allow to restart numbering multiple times within merged presentation. This would be for ease of multiple people presenting and not having to close, then open or hyperlink documents.

Am incercat de nenumarate ori sa pun data si ora nu am reusit. am urmat instructiunile date e vorba de power point 2016

• Mark Nebeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty blown away that there is no total pages option, manual or otherwise, for setting up an automatic page of pages (i.e., "Slide 1 of 20") footer or header

Add utility to group slides so that they may be treated as one slide with respect to numbering. Could be useful when, e.g. adding/removing content to a group of slides dedicated to one thought, within a presentation with several key thoughts.

• David Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slide numbering in the current PowerPoint product is designed for people who do nothing but generate PowerPoint presentations. Way to complicated.

• TK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

follow instruction to insert slide numbers. But cannot see it on slide.

What happened to the office type assistants Office used to have. Getting numbers on my slides that would be visible tool about an hour. Why is the style different on different slides?

Feedback and Knowledge Base