PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. I want this PowerPoint to support video download

PowerPoint for windows to allow video downloads from You tube.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Power point slide , when I m writing in pen, that is not smooth writing it appears in microsoft whiteboard thats very good,In PPT breaks

In Power point slide , when I m writing in pen, that is not smooth writing it appears in microsoft whiteboard thats very good,In PPT breaks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Color scheme for smart art

For the smart art, there are various color choice. But I think there is still far from enough and more can be provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to make a reccomondation here. It would be helpful for beginers if a manual is provided on how to work with powerpoint.

A manual which is of few pages on how to access the basic features would come handy for beginners.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve the Linked Files Interface

The edit Links to Files dialogue box needs a refresh.
    1) you cannot even scroll left right and successfully get the often very long file path displayed; identifying the right file when trying to update charts in ppt is not easily possible. Recommendation: fix the display of the content in this window that the information gets actually shown. Also useful would be the possibility to resize this window to be able to avoid scrolling at all.
    2) add a reference to the object in this "Links" window, so you know what object on what slide is linked. A little preview…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. optional

have more options when you post a picture for the PowerPoint so we will have more inspirations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improving the edit option for table design in powerpoint

Powerpoint's interface is really suitable for decorating tables, but the edit we can do to the table is very limited.

1) The table template is quite old-fashioned, it would be great if PowerPoint can provide table design template that is more up to the current aesthetic

2) While some would like their table looks more 3D, shading is a better tool comparing to emboss to make the 3D appear more natural. However, it is not possible to do different shading to the cell alone, the current version ppt only allows to do shading for the whole table and I find…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quickly transform my PPT to match my company template (colors, text font family, slide master)

I would like PPT to have a format and align functionality. Pressing format and align will transform the PPT to the companies colors etc and align the pictures for a smooth transition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incluir la opción cambiar fuente de vínculos externos de forma centralizada. Si todos los vínculos pertenecen a un mismo archivo externo.

Incluir la opción cambiar fuente de vínculos externos de forma centralizada, si todos los vínculos pertenecen a un mismo archivo externo. Me explico, todos los meses tengo que actualizar una ppt vinculada a un excel que conserva el mismo formato pero cada mes incluye un mes más de datos y va cambiando de nombre. Actualmente tengo que "Editar vínculos a archivos" e ir cambiando la fuente uno a uno. Esto es absurdo! En excel no tenemos ese inconveniente, podemos cambiar la fuente a otro excel de forma centralizada sin ir objeto por objeto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can you do voice translations?

were you talk and it writes what you say

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert-chart map function does not include Taiwan, could you please check and add

Insert-chart map function does not include Taiwan, could you please check and add, it should be showing up as part of China.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add custom and professional color palettes for maps

There is a great deal of innovation and nuance in coloring maps so that they are accurate, readable, and color blind. It would be useful to import these special color palettes into PP and Excel Maps easily.

For example, the carefully-designed "viridis" color palette is perceptually uniform and would be nice to use its many variants in PP. But it is currently not possible to import a map color palette (as far as I know).

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/viridis/vignettes/intro-to-viridis.html

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the option to move points in a chart manually

There used to be the ability to pick up points within an embedded line chart and move them to approximately the right position - this would generate the data in the data sheet - this was so useful when recreating charts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make arrow-lines default to horrizontal, and user can edit.

Have the "arrow-lines" (lines with arrows) snap to horizontal and possibly also vetical if you move it like that is what you will want. User can move them in between if they want an angel but that is not all that often. They are difficult to get perfectly horizontal the smaller the arrow-lines. 80% of people want them horizontal, 15% vetical and 5% in between, I would estmate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Could we bring in more complex charts?

Addition of more charts aside from what's already on board,
    such as: Chord Chart, Sankey Chart, Spiral Graph, Windrose and Arc Diagram
    And an abstracft analogies ribbon full of content for different types of layouts - to be in on par with competition such as infograpia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My sugestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the hole text not for one paragraf

My suggestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the whole text not for one paragraph

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WORD MOSAIC TILES IN CUSTOM GEOMETRY

I HAVE FEWW KEY WORDS WHICH I WANT TO REPRESENT IN MOSAIC FORMAT, MANY ONLINE APPLICATIONS DO THE JOB WHICH I CAN EXPORT AS IMAGE FORMAT.

IF I GET THE FEATURE IN POWERPOINT I CAN UPDATE IT ANY TIME. AND ALSO I CAN UPDATE IN ANY GEOMETRY THEMES

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base