PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Allow automatic translate to powerPoint online

so if you had a document you needed to put on line you would not need to save it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not allow the program to crash without saving

This would allow your progress to be saved while it is crashing. (This would of course be optional to the user and would be found in the file section)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make crtl+shift+* show all available Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen

In Word there is an option Ctrl + Shift + * to all formatting Characters indicate. (in german Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen)
    Please make the same option in PowerPoint available so that you can recognize, for example, double spaces.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disabling the external program warning in powerpoint 2010

The ability to turn of the warning you get when you open a file from powerpoint using a program.

When you use an action to open a document and you also add the program that needs to be used you get this warning:
    http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2013/04/Security-Warning.png

It basically tells you that microsoft Office has blocked the ability to use an external program, you can enable it though.

Next time you open a powerpoint with such an action in you have to enable it again, I would like to be able to just turn that message off and not be bothered by it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Needs a meme generator

It would be really cool if I could make memes on Powerpoint. I think this could really revolutionise the way we meme on the internet. It would also improve our economy by generating profits on meme exports.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display current slide on projector when laptop is locked.

I'm presenting a security deck. It's time for a quick break. I'd like to leave my last slide showing on the projector - but after what I've taught the class already, I am not going to trust them to leave my laptop unmolested. It would be nice if I could lock the laptop AND see the last slide on the projector, so I can unlock and pick up where I left off. Currently, when I lock the laptop, the secondary display gets a black screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restore sort Alphabetical to pinned presentations.

2016 eliminated Automatic Alpha sort of "pinned pptxs". It is missed..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Web Browser WITHIN Powerpoint

As an AV tech, many presentations are given to me with youtube links within the presentation or maybe a link to their webpage or some other site they want to demonstrate. The huge trouble of course is that in presenter mode, it brings up the browser on the laptop screen, not the main output. I know there's bodges like dragging it across but this is practically impossible in practice as you can't then use it and it's all messy visually. What I'd love is for a web browser to replace the powerpoint slide (in both views) with a big X…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back menu auto-explode dropped by recent update

The PowerPoint team has dropped features important to power users since 2013. Most importantly, the recent update added yet another mouse click to menu items that previously auto-exploded. For example, an extra mouse click is now needed to align objects horizontally or vertically. Also, an extra mouse click is needed to add a shape effect (ie, shadow, reflection, etc). Even better idea is to revert to 2013 approach of allowing users to left button click -> align ->horizontal or vertical. So much faster and easier with less mouse movement and clicks. Certain PowerPoint capabilities have moved backwards since 2013. #…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move Multiple Sections

Would be so nice to be able to shift-click multiple sections and move them together in slide sorter view...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Appropriate default slide size for new file when copying in slides

When copying slides from a presentation (i.e. 4:3 size) and opening a new file to paste them into, it would be nice that the new file open up with a 4:3 default size. Widescreen is great as a standard default, but would be nice if it more context-sensitive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resume for Office Applications

Intro: For almost 5 years, since Apple released Mac OS X Lion in July 2011), Mac users enjoyed "Resume" feature that enables applications to re-open in exactly the same state as before quitting the application or restarting the system, including window positions and contents of unsaved files.

Problem: Lack of the "Resume" feature is what makes me dread logging off and restarting Windows. Especially when I have multiple Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents open in different virtual desktops on two monitors - having to re-create this setup after the restart is really annoying.

Suggestion: I suggest Microsoft implements this functionality…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the bug - extended transitions and cannot save setting in audio option

I am creating engaging educational videos using PowerPoint, and use the Insert Audio options to add professional voice over to each slide (in MP3 format). However, when I add the audio, it seems to inadvertently 'extend' the period of time before the slide transitions to the next slide, sometimes hanging for several seconds. I have found a quick workaround which requires me to select the option to Stop Playing after 1 slide. This works perfectly, so I add the audio, match animations to the audio then on each slide, I have to select the audio in the animation pane and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlighting during presentation

Highlighter markup during presentation - In the newer versions of PowerPoint, the highlighter markers simply overwrite each other, with only the last color showing. In previous versions of PowerPoint (e.g. 2003), when highlighters overlapped they created a "blend" of colors. For example, highlighting an area with both yellow and blue created green. As a math teacher, this was extremely useful in showing where areas overlapped. Could this feature be reintroduced in an update? Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix / grounded option for pictures

Fix / grounded option for images or text boxes, etc on screen is required as when we add images, etc on other images, etc, many times the behind objects get selected and move. This irritates the user.

This option can be added in "Picture tool - >Format -> Arrange"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix bug in macro system

My macro selects all objects and sets the font to Arial. It works on one slide, maybe two, but then I get error no. 2147024809 (80070057) and PPT 2013 crashes.
    1. Fix the bug.
    2. Fix the error-handling system so the whole program doesn't just evaporate.
    3. Try introducing testing and quality assurance for your products. You obviously don't have any at the moment. Your products have more defects than a 1920 Ford built on a Monday morning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Key to turn off the smoothing effect in animations

Most animations are smoothing since PowerPoint 2010. In technical presentions this appears not serious, hard edges are needed that move. Please ad a key to the animation options to turn the smooth effects on/off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using "Change picture" new image should use it's own pixel count, not the picture being replaced

example: you have a 100x50 pixel logo on your slide, if you use change picture, and replace it with a 1000x500 pixel logo, it ignores the new quality/resolution and pixellates it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base