PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Online pictures with Screen Readers

When using Online Pictures in PowerPoint or Word with a screen reader, the images lack a description other than dimensions and short URL to image. Have I missed something or do I need to enable somewhere in the application to get a full description? Is it not available, have asked the community and was told to come here. I tried with the popular Jaws text-to-speech, Windows Narrator and yet to try on any others but fear this probably will be the same. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. powerpoint highlighter audio referencing

I think that power point should have an option where you can record and when you highlight you can click them to go back to audio reference

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want Highway Gothic

The reason why I want Highway Gothic is because I need to study the interchange/exit signs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Template for creating a Book Cover.

I would like to see a Template for creating a Book Cover. Along with samples and advice on creating Book Covers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Buy officetimeline as an product feature

I downloaded the free version. It is amazing. We need to buy this as an add-in to PowerPoint. Saved me hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Ability to Change the White/Black Screen to a Slide of your Choice

You should add a Feature which would allow the user to create a slide for when they want to talk about something but not use a White or Black Screen so they could set a custom slide which would replace the White/Black Screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. remove the smiley face out of my corner its creepy

Remove the stupid smiley face icon from the corner of my scree NOW its creeping me out!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Swap button

How about a swap button, between for example objects and its respective texts inside.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do not automatically update surrounding points while editing points

While in edit points mode of a shape or motion path, if one point is moved or changed - depending on the shape - the adjacent points will also have their tangents automatically adjusted. Example: make a circle. Right click on it and choose Edit Points. You would think that you could delete one of the points and make a semi-circle (i.e. half a circle with a flat side). Or, maybe it would make a rounded half circle, but the part of the circle you didn't touch should remain the same. Instead, when you delete one of the points, the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correct scaling of embedded excels between Windows 100% and 125% fonts and other elements configuration.

In Windows resolution configurations i have set 100% for font and other elements. When i save a ppt document with and embeded excel objet, if i change the configuration to 125% for fonts and other elements and then open the same ppt again, the embeded object appears oversized as you can see in the images.

You can see it at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msowinother/embeded-excel-objet-in-a-mswindows-with-100-size/338cd56b-d023-474a-8004-a425e253c0ed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Roll Transition

I'm just suggesting if you can make a new ROLL TRANSITION for PowerPoint presentations about cooking, education and science or scientific discoveries.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Action Buttons

Hyperlink to move forwards/backwards multiply slides does not work until PowerPoint is closed and reopened. Not an issue until the last update. Customer support confirms this needed correction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Most users use the same features on the toolbar ribbon, why not add a custom ribbon which adds the features you use automatically

In all Microsoft Applications most users use the same features on the toolbar ribbon day in day out, why not add a custom ribbon which adds the features you use automatically this will make processing quicker and easier as you don't have to search through all the other features to do your job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notify users of shared document that changes have been made

Would like a method to proactively notify shared users of a document that changes were made and they should review it again. (e.g. a Re-Share button)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a spellcheck capability for messages when sharing files

There is currently no spell-check capability when composing messages while sharing a document. It would be great to at least underline misspelt words.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notes Page Issues

At our company we use PowerPoint to create printable PDFs that include the slides and notes in a booklet-type format. However, certain inconsistencies with the notes page make this a challenge. I would very much like to see the following notes page issues addressed:
    1. When placing guide lines, the numerical values shown by the cursor are arbitrary and unrelated to the ruler. Start dragging a guide line in the Notes Page View to see what I mean. This makes it very hard to precisely format notes pages across presentations in a consistent manner.
    2. Make it so that the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. different animations of the same object should be able to be put in one group

I need an easy way to put multiple animations in one group, just like Ctrl G which can put many objects in one group so that I can move them more easily without changing their relative positions. So far, a PowerPoint plug-in whose name is Pocket Animation now allows us to blend multiple animations into a new one which shows the same effect of thoes previous animations. Here is the website (www.papocket.com).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base