PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Opening After Moving File

This is for all of Office.

When I move a file, obviously I can't use the "Recently Used File" list to open it.

How about fixing that!

I understand why it can't be automatic, but it could start an automatic search for all files with similar names... And then when you open the file, replace the dead link with the good one in Recently Used (instead of maintaining both links).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select and Flatten

Select and Flatten
    Often I need to select a slide and have all of the objects flattened so I can resize the selected portions in proportion to each other. To do this, I take a screenshot of the slide and then paste it into Paint and then copy and paste what I want to copy. Using Paint will flatten the objects which will make resizing easier since it will do things in proportion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Language

I want to change the language to Korean (PowerPoint 2016) How can I change ;;; Please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gamses

You should be able to add a google play game because what if your company recently published a new app? And what if you are a blogger and you want to shout out an app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Black theme and futuristic holographic UI

Please bring the black theme back. And try bringing out a futuristic 3D holographic UI for the presentations, along with an entirely new set of transitions and animations to make it look even cooler.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Go back to standard 8-1/2 x 11 page size as default.

More often than not, slides are printed and the new default in powerpoint seems to be wide rather than standard size. I don't know of anyone in the US that uses wide paper to print on. Why did Microsoft change this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add animations for the new 3D model features currently under development

All of the current animations are for 2D objects only. Would like to see animations for 3D objects. One example would be "spin", such as a rotating earth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow presenter to quickly switch between PP &a programs using Alt+Tab when presenter view is switched on

I love presenter view but as a systems trainer I find it so limiting that I can't use my standard Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut to quickly switch back and forth between my slide set (in presenter view, notes visible to only me etc) and the program I'm demoing to users (if I'm duplicating my screen to a monitor for the presentation or if I'm presenting on Skype for Business for example).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wipe animations in the diagonal direction.

Current options for wipe are up, down left and right, but why not diagonal?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update album feature allow more customization

The photo album feature has not been updated since it was introduced in 2002 (or there about).
    It is still limited to 1, 2 or 4 pictures per slide. Given that most slides these days are 16:9, they could easily support 6 pictures.

It would be nice to be able to define a template, during creation, to apply standard Drawing Tools (contextual tab) and Picture Tools (contextual tab) picture styles, artistic effects, shape effects, etc to all of the inserted pictures.

Allow us to select predefined templates, then insert the selected pictures into predefined locations in the template, repeating template…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. undo for each slide seperately

make the undo option available for each slide. for ex i edited slide 2 then moevd to slide 4... then i want to undo the edits in slide 2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text runarounds are needed for shapes, similar to MS Word

As a professional designer, I am used to creating interesting layouts using text effects such as text running around a shape. This is an advanced graphic design technique to achieve a high-end, modern look. Infographics and diagrams especially beg for such treatment.

I'm dismayed this is not achievable in PowerPoint, an app so many use for graphical communication, including all my non-designer colleagues. It IS achievable in MS Word. Can that interface and feature be mapped to PowerPoint without a lot of trouble? Can you take a look at what Adobe does with Illustrator and InDesign -- sophisticated design software…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need to Add two OneDrive for Business Connected Service accounts in PowerPoint for same organization

I connect to several of my employee’s OneDrive for Business accounts so that I have the benefit of seeing and navigating their entire OneDrive folder structure natively in my Windows 10 File Explorer views. This works great. I can open and save PowerPoint documents just fine if they are in my personal OneDrive for Business structure. However, when I open a PowerPoint document in one of my employees OneDrive for Business folder structures, I get a yellow ribbon across the top of the application that states “UPLOAD BLOCKED We couldn’t verify you have the necessary permission to upload the file.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would love to see more "present gradient" colors (red, pink, black, etc.)

Expand "Preset Gradient" color selection in Formatting Shapes. The present colors are GREAT. Having additional colors though, would save time & make this feature more rich & useful. I suggest adding Red, Pink & Black.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Powerpoint Office 2010: to allow control of "Window Media Player" to play in any created video using the Powerpoint tool of "create a video"

I am trying to create a video using the given option in powerpoint > file tab > save & send > create a video.

My slideshow include a video using the control of "Window Media Player" which has advantage over the conventional video insert or link, mainly in the loading speed.

The video is set to load automatically in the Slide Show and perfectly works with an acceptable speed.

Although that, the created video show the Control of "Window Media Player" as a blank picture and not playing the linked video at all.

I have tried an external "screen video…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Record view in Power Point--make it ADJUSTABLE--LIKE BEFORE JULY 2017!!!

As of 07/27/2017, the recording view in PowerPoint has been updated to a completely unusable piece of ............!!!

This FORCED UPDATE is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

GIVE USERS THE CHOICE TO ADJUST NOTE SIZE AND OTHER FEATURES LIKE THE OLD VERSION (BEFORE JULY 2017) INSTEAD OF FORCING THIS NEW UPDATE BY LOSING FUNCTIONALITY!!!

NOW HAS FEWER OF THE FEATURES I DEPEND ON--WITHOUT OPTIONS/WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO ADJUST!!!

Just last week, I recorded a PowerPoint presentation with sound and I was able to use the notes section. I could adjust the screen so that I could see more of the notes, and now,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WYSIWYG layout editor

Like the current layout planner but live - if e.g. an image is dragged onto a slide then the contents of the slide would be rearranged live depending on the location of the cursor (Of course this would almost certainly be best optional)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base