PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Objects that can span all slides.

In some cases, I have a certain footer text box that is on every slide. If I want to edit it though, it doesn't update to every slide. There should be an option to have certain objects span across all slides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Transitions including Matching existing ones

I like some of the new Transitions: like open curtain (great for dramatic effect or opening a presentation).
    It would be good to have close curtains (at end presentation to go back to a summary slide). Perhaps have Curtains and then Open and Close as Effect Options. Several effects could have more options like this.
    Several Transitions are pixelated: Dissolve etc.
    It would be good to have more new Transitions (Like Curtains) that with the increased processing power, treat the slide as a slide, so not as a sequence of pixels, but rather like a contiguous solid image.
    I get…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't mess with external monitors

I started viewing a presentation with my laptop disconnected from my external monitors to follow along. Later on, when I closed the presentation while my laptop was connected to my external monitors, PowerPoint stopped Windows from displaying on my external monitors. Maybe there's a reason this happens, but it's very annoying to have any program mess with my settings like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. on the selection panel alow view and block options for the layers

usual when you have an objet it interfieres with the selection of other objets, never the less is on the back o some times you need it on the front, so adding the option to lock the item will allow you to have it on fron but work with other objetcs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Vertical Resizing Text Box - Columns

When trying to resize a text box with multiple text columns, it reverts to the size before the vertical resize. However the corner resize works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More Word features in PowerPoint like enhenced numeration etc.

Working in consultant sector, PowerPoint is often used as "Word 2.0", creating documents that will never see things like animation and are just used to be published as PDF or sent per E-Mail. Therefore I would like to more structuring possibilities (actually like MSWord has), for example:
    - Integrated table of content possibilities, inkl. automatic multi-layer numbering (1, 1.1, 1.1.1,...)
    - possibility of having standard placeholders in master-view (e.g: "Slide Title", "Chapter", "Sub-Chapter" etc.), so that PowerPoint recognizes them as such. Even the option of naming individual placeholders would be great. PowerPoint could then keep the right content in the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back the option for "Show All Windows in the Taskbar". A recent Office update has removed that option. Please advise how to disable th

Bring back the option for "Show All Windows in the Taskbar". A recent Office update has removed that option. Please advise how to disable that option so that all documents open in a single Window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need the ALLCAPS feature in Powerpoint. I seems to currently only exist in Word. I use JavaScript to make text uppercase.

in word there is a font.AllCaps property.
    in powerpoint there is a button to make text seem AllCaps, but there seems to be no property font.AllCaps for javascript. I need this!

see
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff840228.aspx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable invisible texts on main slide.( Not visible on secondary screen)

Can we have a "notes" substitute. Ability to hide the rest of the paragraph from the secondary display and only the presenter can see it on the PC display.

The current " notes" do the same things but it is cumbersome and may not orient with the mother paragraph its trying to explain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix insufficient reduction of text size in text areas when "reduce font to text zone" setting is enabled

This feature is obviously broken and has been for years. Text will easilty overflow outside of the texte box even when this mode is enabled, and the set margins are not respected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power point pinned files

my pinned files (right click on power point destop icon in the task bar) are different than in the powerpoint client > open> pinned.
    they should be the same also we should allow for more (the square should expand and fill the screen)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about making an 'order by appearance of key word' option for these suggestions? E.g., default page set-up.

How many of these are there? And how many have 'default' in them somewhere? It would sure help in the search for help before new item(s) is (are) posted!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom QuickStarter templates

Love the direction you're going in with the QuickStarter feature, but would like to be able to choose from my own PPT templates as a basis for the presentation!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Online pictures with Screen Readers

When using Online Pictures in PowerPoint or Word with a screen reader, the images lack a description other than dimensions and short URL to image. Have I missed something or do I need to enable somewhere in the application to get a full description? Is it not available, have asked the community and was told to come here. I tried with the popular Jaws text-to-speech, Windows Narrator and yet to try on any others but fear this probably will be the same. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. powerpoint highlighter audio referencing

I think that power point should have an option where you can record and when you highlight you can click them to go back to audio reference

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want Highway Gothic

The reason why I want Highway Gothic is because I need to study the interchange/exit signs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Template for creating a Book Cover.

I would like to see a Template for creating a Book Cover. Along with samples and advice on creating Book Covers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Buy officetimeline as an product feature

I downloaded the free version. It is amazing. We need to buy this as an add-in to PowerPoint. Saved me hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base