PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Margin editing for all slides

Let users have access to editing the margins of the entire slide, instead of using work arounds!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make laser work on play back even if it is not constantly moving during record. If presenter is pointing to an item he needs to hold laser o

Make laser work on play back even if it is not constantly moving during record. If presenter is pointing to an item he needs to hold laser on point and record narration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. With PowerPoint you need clipart vs just text and we have that on desktop!

Power Point needs to be much more than text and clipart and emojis can make them more appealing. Something vs text. You provide that on the desktop version and you need to add that back in to online 365.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Put aside open Files and open in a window

• Make easier to retrieve back already open files before shutdown such providing put aside tab

• Make multiples files open in only a windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix sluggish MS Word file created from exporting presentation to MS Word with Notes beside slides.

I create presentations using PowerPoint and use the presentation to create student workbooks and instructor guides. I do this by exporting the file to MS Word with the notes beside the slides feature. However, I cannot do more than 10 slides at a time which increases my workload and complicates the process tremendously. Also, I have to break the links and yet the resulting document remains very sluggish (almost to the point that its useless). And, without keeping the links to the slides, I'm having to update in multiple places which causes unnecessary document management issues. Is there a fix…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow slides to be renamed.

Slides should be allowed to be renamed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Portrait Orientation on Main Menu

Put portrait orientation BACK on the main menu, why in the hell is it buried in "customize". It's a standard feature for crying out loud and every time i spend 5 minutes finding it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change the color of the box highlighting which slide you are working on

I am colorblind and didn't even know this feature existed. The tiny red line around the currently selected slide in the preview is almost impossible to see. Give me an option to change the highlight color to something with more contract, or do that by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep Mix as an available download for education users.

You don't need to maintain the Mix website, but keep Mix available as an optional download. The Recording tab is not as user friendly and leaves out some helpful features for teachers and students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. F4 key = Repeat Command is one of the most time-saving features. But...

Why does PowerPoint remember the Page Up and Page Down keys as 'commands'? Page Up/Down is merely a keystroke; it is not remembered when using the Undo or Redo functions. So why would it be a recall-able feature/command when using the F4 key?
    I'm aware of the workarounds (mouse wheel or side navigation pane to retain repeat command usage).
    I think this needs to be looked at from a programming perspective. It seems like a bug to me.
    [Kristine Arp said to post this here]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. change color of the lines in SmartArt

I did a smart art and wanted to change the color of the lines connecting the single textboxes. But I can only grap some of these lines to adjust their color. I can't get hold of all of them to adjust them. It would be nice if this would work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. when switching views remain on the slide that was being viewed or edited

Older versions remain or return to the slide that was being viewed or edited when switching between different views. The current version returns to the beginning when switching views. This is especially inconvenient between reading view (proofreading view) and normal view (editing view).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dwg support

add support to insert DWG graphics in a presentation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to "follow" a document from within the document without having to navigate a lot to get to the site library. Especially as with the ne

Allow to "follow" a document from within the document without having to navigate a lot to get to the site library. Especially as with the new Sharepoint UI you often arrive at a result list without ellipsis and can't follow there either. Most of the time you have to look into the document to see its contents to decide on the "following"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. import outline from OneNote

PowerPoint currently supports the ability to import from a word outline. It should also support the ability to import from a OneNote outline in a similar manner

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. insert shape -- remember settings

I'd like to offer a suggestion.
    From within powerpoint, I often use the same shape style over and over. I made a circle with the outline red, heavy border, and an shadow--no shape fill.
    I'd like PowerPoint to remember these settings so that the next time I make a shape, it will default to that setting instead of what seems to be the default--a green fill, no border, no shadow.
    Same thing with drop shadows. I have a certain way I like those and end up recreating the same effect over and over. I wish it would default to waht…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A "Hide Selected" button for the selection pane

It would be great if you could select objects on the slide, and click a "hide selected" button to hide all selected objects. Currently you have to go through each one and click the hide icon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Application.SlideShowNextSlide Event fires at the wrong time

This event actually occurs at the end of the transition and not immediately before it as per the description.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base