PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. When converting to video in PowerPoint 2016, to make bookmarks work again (they failed to work in the latest "upgrade" ["downgrade"??])

Converting to video from PowerPoint 2016 is a bigger hassle than in 2013. Earlier, the bookmarks on embedded videos no longer work. So one has to do them manually. Now in the latest "upgrade" of 2016 (actually, a drastic downgrade), even the bookmarks on embedded audio no longer work! Again, one has to do them manually, as the video conversion ignores ALL bookmarks now!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have PowerPoint prompt for footer changes

Create a setting/option for users to get a save prompt to check for footer correctness in the slide master; secondary option to have it only prompt if it suspects an error (ex: past date); MSFT is already doing this AI with Outlook attachments (prompting if it thinks you missed attaching a doc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Animated Designs

This is a big suggestion that I hope is seriously considered, when making a PowerPoint I love the designs and the transitions, but what if you combined them. Not only would you have the transitions already available but each design would have a few different 'moving' backgrounds between slides. Ex. If lines in the background trickle off the screen, text boxes move and grow/shrink to place them self in the proper position for the next slide, replacing the text on the inside.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an animation that will cause a line to self-draw itself through unlimited multiple directions

The animation should reveal the line along its path much the way water flows down a meandering dry channel. This would be useful for showing alignments of roads, rivers and railways.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Slide Task list

It would be great to have a simple task list where a task is linked to a specific slide ... when writing presentations with 50+ slides it could speed up productivity to just mark a slide with some comments and then later on be able to just jump direct to the slides that need to be finished.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow us to insert code samples like in Technet

Can you allow us to insert code samples into PPT like on TechNet.
    When I cut and post code into Powerpoint it does funny things.

http://1drv.ms/1TD5yhb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More categories of shapes. Shapes for Automotive, Medical, Sciences, History, Etc

I have students making complicated projects that can be animated to show they understand the theory behind how automotive parts and pieces interact with each other. Ex: How a transmission or engine works. Sure helps with hands on (Kinesthetic Learners)
    They are still building mock ups of nervous systems with pipe cleaners in the medical studies. Easier to do with power point with a few more shapes.
    I am currently building my own libraries for the students to draw from but hard manipulating Shapes to build things like gears.
    This could impact all schools with little cost because they all…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an API event for developers to detect when a slide has been modified

The PowerPoint events exposed today have some capabilities that are very handy to developers, such as detecting when a document is opened or closed, or a slide has been selected. As a .NET developer, I would like for there to also be an event that occurs whenever a slide has been modified in any way. Some examples include when text is edited, when a selection item has been moved or deleted, or when a pen/ink annotation has been added to the slide. With this event, you can help developers expand their possibilities to have tight PowerPoint integration or synchronization.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow automatic translate to powerPoint online

so if you had a document you needed to put on line you would not need to save it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not allow the program to crash without saving

This would allow your progress to be saved while it is crashing. (This would of course be optional to the user and would be found in the file section)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make crtl+shift+* show all available Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen

In Word there is an option Ctrl + Shift + * to all formatting Characters indicate. (in german Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen)
    Please make the same option in PowerPoint available so that you can recognize, for example, double spaces.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disabling the external program warning in powerpoint 2010

The ability to turn of the warning you get when you open a file from powerpoint using a program.

When you use an action to open a document and you also add the program that needs to be used you get this warning:
    http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2013/04/Security-Warning.png

It basically tells you that microsoft Office has blocked the ability to use an external program, you can enable it though.

Next time you open a powerpoint with such an action in you have to enable it again, I would like to be able to just turn that message off and not be bothered by it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Needs a meme generator

It would be really cool if I could make memes on Powerpoint. I think this could really revolutionise the way we meme on the internet. It would also improve our economy by generating profits on meme exports.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display current slide on projector when laptop is locked.

I'm presenting a security deck. It's time for a quick break. I'd like to leave my last slide showing on the projector - but after what I've taught the class already, I am not going to trust them to leave my laptop unmolested. It would be nice if I could lock the laptop AND see the last slide on the projector, so I can unlock and pick up where I left off. Currently, when I lock the laptop, the secondary display gets a black screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore sort Alphabetical to pinned presentations.

2016 eliminated Automatic Alpha sort of "pinned pptxs". It is missed..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Web Browser WITHIN Powerpoint

As an AV tech, many presentations are given to me with youtube links within the presentation or maybe a link to their webpage or some other site they want to demonstrate. The huge trouble of course is that in presenter mode, it brings up the browser on the laptop screen, not the main output. I know there's bodges like dragging it across but this is practically impossible in practice as you can't then use it and it's all messy visually. What I'd love is for a web browser to replace the powerpoint slide (in both views) with a big X…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back menu auto-explode dropped by recent update

The PowerPoint team has dropped features important to power users since 2013. Most importantly, the recent update added yet another mouse click to menu items that previously auto-exploded. For example, an extra mouse click is now needed to align objects horizontally or vertically. Also, an extra mouse click is needed to add a shape effect (ie, shadow, reflection, etc). Even better idea is to revert to 2013 approach of allowing users to left button click -> align ->horizontal or vertical. So much faster and easier with less mouse movement and clicks. Certain PowerPoint capabilities have moved backwards since 2013. #…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move Multiple Sections

Would be so nice to be able to shift-click multiple sections and move them together in slide sorter view...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Appropriate default slide size for new file when copying in slides

When copying slides from a presentation (i.e. 4:3 size) and opening a new file to paste them into, it would be nice that the new file open up with a 4:3 default size. Widescreen is great as a standard default, but would be nice if it more context-sensitive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base