PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Drill down behind objects

It would be nice to have change to drill down the view behind overlaping objects.
    Meaning that I often have many overlaping objects that should not be moved front or back. But when I have to change objects behind some other object it's a pain to get them in sight. If it would be possible to drill the view easily behind other objects all changes would be much easier to carry out.
    E.g. alt+shift+mouse roll would fit for this purpose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add puppies

add animated puppies in the side bar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tool to allow recolouring Masterslide Elements ins Childslides

I have some Charts or Hirarchical Diagramms which are embedded into the Masterslide. They should stay at the same position and should be able to resize in the childslides but i want to highlight certain elements on certain slides.
    A litte Option somewhere to allow reformating for Objects in masterslides would be really helpfull.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Quickstarter in more languages?

Hi, we would like Powepoint and Sway quickstarter avalible in Swedish.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add taborder and tabstop properties to VBA controls on a PowerPoint Form. Important for Screens with multiple text boxes.

Add taborder and tabstop properties to VBA controls on a PowerPoint Form. Important for Screens with multiple text boxes that the user now has to move hands from keyboard to go to the mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Powerpoint can change photoshop :)

For digital purpose usually I use PowerPoint
    If I you add accurate sizing to power point that help me to know what is the size of my output I will definitely use power-point instead of Photoshop :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. footer formatting on layouts

I am writing about the issue of footer removal from the single slide layout.
    When the checkbox “footer” on this specific layout is unchecked the footer is still not removed from the slide (normal view) but only its position is changed. The only one solution I found is to add second slide based on this layout, which is fine, and then remove the first one. Below I explain the issue more detailed.
    This is the master slide (with slide number, date, footer):
    screen: http://prntscr.com/fj7c55

Below is the last one layout in this master - the final slide which has no…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PDF copy protection option

Allow copy protection options in the "save as pdf" feature. For example, to disable copying content (text/images) from the pdf, which may discourage copyright infringements.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. in presentation mode add keyboard shortcut to go to previously viewed slide (after jumping to a slide with slide # <ENTER>)

It is great to be able to jump to a particular slide by typing the slide number followed by Enter but would be great to then be able to go back to the previous slide with another shortcut. Backspace and P simply go to the previous slide in the file and not to the one previously shown

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get numbers back to Most Recently Used instead of "Y3"

In the last update of Word, Excel and Powerpoint the Most Recently Used file list has changed with respect to shortcut keys. Instead of being able to use "Alt+F => R => [number 1 to 9]" you have to type "Y3" to get the first file in the list. This is completly useless and in no way an improvement.

Please bring back the ability to number them from "1" instead of "Y3"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restore the ability to select all links to files and break them at once.

An older version of PowerPoint allowed you to do this. Now you have to individually break each link, which is much more tedious and time consuming.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need Fragment shapes with lines as well rather than Fragment shapes with other shapes only

Not loosing Custom Animation while ungrouping and Regrouping to Shapes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag slides from Rich Client PowerPoint to PowerPoint Online

Users should be able to drag or copy and paste slides from the rich client to the web clients. Right now I'm trying to set up some user testing online and I need it in a URL format. So it would be really slick if I could copy all my slides from my rich client and paste them on the web version. Right now I can't drag the slides at all. I could try saving it in a web format but that seemed kind of like a lot of work and I thought this would be easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. next slide preview

Please include again the next slide preview during recording slideshow sessions. I've been using it a lot until you removed this feauture.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to enlarge the drop-down view of fonts so that I can actually see differences between different ones before selectio

The drop-down Font menu is too small to allow inspection of two similar fonts. I know that the selected text will change if I hover over a font, but this can take a long time if it is a detailed font (e.g. a Grunge one). If the Font list could be enlarged I could refine my selection morequickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. save work automaticlly

save work automatically

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Content add-ins freeze in Slide Show mode

For me and some of our customers, content add-ins freeze when starting the Slide Show presentation. In read mode the add-ins work, but in Slide Show mode they do not.

This problem already has been reported to Microsoft and they replied with:

“I just want to inform and confirm you that we have reported your issue to the Product Group, and they have confirmed us that we are facing a known issue. They will work on it, but we can’t give you more details about the possible solution (and date), because it is a different department.”

Does anyone of you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Inserted video played on top of other slides across the slides, I've set the video as background but it still cover the other sides across.

On the next Microsoft Office 2016 on office 365 subscription update can you make the video play as background without covering the other slides object? I wanted to show text which is in the other slides on top of the video from the first slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't force shapes to have text in them; let a shape be just a shape.

When I insert a rectangular shape, it behaves like a text box. Why, oh why, is there no option to remove all text-related behaviour from a shape? Better yet, why isn't that the default? The reasoning behind the current behaviour is debatable but please, please, please give me the option to get rid of it on an instance by instance basis, or even globally. Just let a rectangle be a rectangle!

To further explain the source of my pain, I inherited a deck in which the original author built slide masters using a rectangle shape in front of image placeholders…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base