PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. add special character above the text when editing equation in Powerpoint 2016

When I used PPT 2007, I could add special character whatever I want right above the text using equation editor 3.0.
    (e.g. special character like circle dot.)
    But with PPT 2016, I can't do this with the function in the ribbon menu. (I know I can do it with adding object of equation editor 3.0)
    The only characters that I can choose are limited to 10 in the "accent" ribbon menu.
    So my suggestion is to add additional "accent" ribbon menu which enables to add any special character right above the text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transitions: footers from Slide Master

Some Transitions (like Cube) don't rotate the footer from the slide master as a part of the slide, it just appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. UI transitions for window re-size

I think that the interface should move around slightly like in Mobile PPT when the window is snapped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SmartArt

Can the Replace Fonts feature be enabled to work across the elements in a SmartArt graphic? When trying to replace a font, all of them will be changed, but the ones in a SmartArt graphic which take the font from the theme and is"named" as Fontx(Body).

Reproducible on 2013 and 2016 and as you can imagine is a huge problem in corporate environments which could otherwise benefit from such a feature tremendously.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Note Pane - opportunity to enlarge clock and slide number

One should be able to enlarge the clock and slide number on the note pane - so that it can be seen at a distance by the presenter

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide an interface to create timed captions in PowerPoint.

I'm turning to PowerPoint more and more to create instructional videos. I find that even though I use speaker notes to relate the spoken script to the slides, the best I can do is export them as handouts and then manually set the timings in another program to produce subtitle files. It'd be really neat if there was a way to fine tune the timing of speaker notes as captions within the slide, similar to the way you can set animation timings to coincide with narration. Then you should be able to output that stuff from PowerPoint into a common…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feedback: Manage Presentations - Unsaved Presentations saved my butt - Thank you!

Just a quick note of thanks to the team for that amazing feature!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug in "line"

I believe there is a bug in PPT 2016 for Windows 10: when I select a shape, the main menu shows amongst other the "line" icon made of the usual pencil and the selected colour, however in the "shape format" box which pops up in the right the "line" icon is the same bucket always used for the filling colour (just above it). This is very confusing and wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Speakers notes

When running through my presentation I really want to be able to cue off of my speakers notes. However, I can only get the 'presenters view' when plugged into a external monitor. Can you make it so you can jump into the presenters view whenever you want?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When the audio narration is finished on one slide, provide a method to let it automatically go to the next slide.

I narrate my slides. I will insert a sentence or a phrase into a slide and then read the text and if needed, also narrate an explanation and in many cases, I will do that with more than one sentence or point on the slide. When I am finished, I would like to set it so that the next slide pops up and the narration continues, without having to click on the slide to change slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to silence sound when video playing

Video playback should support the option to mute all other sounds while playing and then auto resume when video is stopped. This option should also allow for the nice fading in and out of mute rather than an abrupt transition.

This would allow a backing track to suspend while a video is playing rather than fighting the video's soundtrack.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for Transition Curve

A new transition has been added (Morph Transition). But it would be more beautiful if you add an option like a transition curve, where you can set the transition's smooth start & smooth end (Just like the option in Animation Pane).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The new add-ins for PowerPoint needs access to more functionality

The functionality that is available when developing new PowerPoint add-ins is very limited. High on my wish-list is the following:

Make it possible to:
    - extract text from text boxes in a presentation, not just the currenlty active selection of text.
    - insert slides from external presentations.
    - crop pictures after they are inserted
    - format paragraphs with the formatting of choice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use surface dial as an animation scrub dial

You should add a presentation mode for the surface dial that allows it to smoothly rewind and move forward through animations and transitions with a speed relative to the dial speed. This would allow you to go frame by frame forward and backward through an animation. So if I have a car moving from left to right, I can slowly back it up and move it forward at will. Also, once you have 3D tools built in, I can set a model to rotate one direction, but move it back and forth with the dial during the presentation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Keep Source Formatting' option, like in PPT for Windows

In the windows version you can 'keep existing formatting' from a slide that you're copying/pasting into a new deck. Why doesn't this exist in the Mac version?? Please add!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Format Shape icons/tabs should all display by default

Eliminate the "Shape Options" and "Text Options" selection at the top of the Format Shape pane so that the icons for all options are displayed by default.

Why? To save totally unneeded clicks and eliminate a source of confusion.

• This should be easy to format in most Office programs, since the default is three small icons for each selection. These icons barely extend past the Shape Options label, so there is plenty of blank space for the next three icons.

• If the user formats their sidebar so the icons don't fit on one line, wrap them onto multiple lines or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Converting a single slide with with fading animation to a GIF

Converting a single slide with with fading animation to a GIF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slicers

Enable Slicers on Charts and Tables (as in Excel).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base