PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. VBA: Self-reference to add-in object (ThisAddin)

I'd find it very useful to have a self-reference to the add-in object the running code is contained in, e.g. to find the folder where the PPAM file is located.

Currently you have to search by the add-in name in the "Addins" collection (and hope no user changed its name).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add back the feature to edit SCALE for powerpoint charts. For example, on a bar chart from a previous version, I wanted to change the

In older versions of powerpoint you could right click on a chart and select 'format axis' and then edit the scale of the chart. For example, if a clustered bar chart, the scale might have been 1-5. However, if I want to change this to percentages, the scale becomes 1%-500% instead of 0%-100% meaning that the bar takes up 1/5 of the chart space instead of the full space. There is now NO OPTION to edit the minimum, maximum, intervals of the SCALE on the charts! This is completely insane and means that using charts in powerpoint is now completely…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3-D Rotation as an Animation (X Rotation &/ Y Rotation)

Pretty much an improved spin animation - not just clockwise or counterclockwise(Z - Axis) but also the ability to 'spin' in X - Axis &/ Y - Axis.
    Is already implemented in Format Shape but why not in Animation?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right-click to fade in/appear an item

Applying a fade in or appear animation is one of the most typical tasks, and yet you have to click a few times to get to the animation ribbon to do so. Why not add "Fade in" and "Appear" options on the right-click menu of any object? Would save clicks...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More templates inside powerpoint. I type "pitch" for example and don't find any template...

I know I can still search outside of powerpoint, but the feature to search for templates seems useless at the moment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Synchronize all versions of PowerPoint across Windows, Mac OSX, online, mobile,etc

Synchronize all versions of PowerPoint across Windows, Mac OSX, online, mobile,etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Default path for images

It would help me if I could (optionally) define the default path opened whenever browsing for an image in PowerPoint (without making changes to the Windows Pictures library or similar). Currently the last used path is the default until you restart PowerPoint).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Content's or Summary Tool

As an example, when creating a MS Word document using the text styles such as Header 1, Header, 2, Normal, etc,...it automatically populates the Navigation Pane.

In PowerPoint, Populating slides in the Outline Mode works well when adding new slides of only text.

However, when I need to add Content or summary bullet points to slide 2 in any presentation, I have to look at all the slides I've created and then add because I can't recall off the top of my head what slides I have created.

It would be nice if as I add slides, I'm able to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please maintain the slide size when importing an album

I would like to use a default 4:3 layout. If I create a default template and then try to import an album of images the layout is always converted to 16:9. Is there any way to ensure that the new default option is maintained?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Full Screen When Presenting Online

So when you are using "Present Online," those viewing the presentation can make the slide show full screen (not showing address bar, etc.). What's the point of presenting online if the viewers can't even view full screen?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Vertical Ruler for positioning should have an option to quickly convert between units of measurement.

Vertical Ruler for positioning should have an option to quickly convert between units of measurement. (in to cm)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Visual bug

Upon typing an uppercase letter into the notes field, the highlight over normal view becomes not highlighted, but resumes after pressing any other key. Nothing happens other than the selected normal view is not highlighted briefly, just something I noticed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Import Visio flowcharts to PPT automatically with animation in each task or activity

Construct a flowchart in MS-Visio and import to powerpoint to make a fast presentation from a new redesigned process. It woul be very useful for mapping process and spread out the idea.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Day and night recognition

I am using powerpoint to create games and I think expanding on the time-based features would be very helpful. It would be useful to have time-exclusive slides people can create. That way, someone could experience something different at different times of the day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. report missing videos on startup

Currently, powerpoint reports missing video files or other linked files as soon as they are supposed to be played. Imho this is far to late.

It would be very much better if missing referenced files were reported at startup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. is there an equivalent To ExecuteMSO "PictureCrop"

is there any other way to activate crop button?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. motion animation bug

Hi,
    I found a bug...
    Please enter to this video:
    https://youtu.be/MPbz4GfnYdU

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base