PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Consistent design ideas across slides

While Design Ideas feature is an excellent offering from Microsoft and help me on a daily basis and reduced my time significantly, I would suggest making the design ideas consistent across slides. Most of the time design ideas are not matching with previous slide designs or color schemes within the deck and also navigating through them is a pain.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presenter View – Automatically extend the arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View.

Presenter View – Automatically extend the PPT arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View. Speakers using Presenter View often have to look behind them to see where their mouse pointer is on the Audience Screen. This is very distracting to the audience and causes the speaker to lose track of where they are in their presentation.

There is an option to turn on the laser pointer, which extends from the Presenter View to the Audience Screen, but speakers often forget to turn this feature on or forget to turn it…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make pens tip as a dot while writing in draw section and allow it curser effect in Camtasia editing

Please provide a rounder (Compass) to draw a circle from given point as center and given radius in Draw<stencil section.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. loop

PowerPoint needs a way to easily loop animations on a slide. Currently, there are hacks that require silent audio files and/or copying and pasting the animations for a finite set of replays and/or creating custom shows.

There should just be a simple checkbox that says : Loop animations.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PowerPoint allow animation pane and selection pane to be open at same time.

Recent update to 365 made PowerPoint animation pane and selection pane automatically collapse when you open one, and the other is already open. Sometimes need to see both at same time, for example, when using animation painter in a complicated slide that requires selection pane to select target group or shape. Please make this auto-collapse feature an option, so we can immediately turn it off and never use it. We are good enough at PowerPoint to be able to decide if we want one pane open, or both at once. Don't need the software to force these decisions on us.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. presenter view 2016 has a single preview of the next slide. I would like to be able to see all the slides down the bottom like 2010

Bring back presenter view as in Powerpoint 2010. I use 2010 at Church, seeing more than the next slide allows me to see what the minister is going to say next and preview several upcoming slides so when he jumps ahead, I am not lost. 2010 powerpoint presenter allows me to use the bottom slider to go through all slides when I need it to go back or forward as needed in the presentation without jumping to the all slides screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance Reuse Slides for PowerPoint 365

The Reuse Slides feature is really useful in light of its integration with OneDrive and SharePoint for 365, but the lack of the following features is incredibly frustrating and renders it rather unhelpful:

1. Select All Slides

2. Select Slides in a Section

3. Select Multiple Slides

Would love to see these features incorporated.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rich text formatting of Notes Pane should be visible in Normal View and Presenter View as well.

It would be nice to have richtext formatting also visible in the Notes pane in the Normal view. There actually are context-sensitive options to highlight text, change font size, use colors, but it is only visible in the Notes Page view. Currently, it is only bold and italic that is displayed in the Normal View.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like a 'lock' feature to prevent an object from being moved.

When using graphics in P.P. I sometimes will inadvertently move them. If there were an object lock feature, I could lock it in place and move on to the next part of my slide design. If I chose to move it, I could then unlock it accordingly.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Reuse Slides for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC

When trying to use the feature "Reuse Slides" on the Home tab in PowerPoint O365, we receive the message "Sorry, Tap is not available in your region. It will come shortly."
    We would like to request that Microsoft enable "Reuse Slides" for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC. We have an organization of 70,000 users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pan tool

Pan canvass with a grabber like in Adobe products... this is a design software so it should have that as a tool... along with blend modes for colour!!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make notes bigger while recording

The notes view is to narrow and small while recording. Please make it bigger, or at least give som options about size.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Stock Images to Change Image in Zoom effect

I like the option to use a stock image when inserting an image on a slide. But if I insert a Slide Zoom on a slide and want to use Change Image to change the slide miniature to a more attractive image, only the three options "From a File", "Online Pictures" and "From Icons" are offered to me. I would like to have the additional option to insert a stock image, as in Insert Image. This could make Zoom Slides even more attractive.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the chart formatting independent from the Region & Language settings

PowerPoint uses the language defined in the Region & Language settings of Control Panel to format chart and graphs. This means that if a French presentation is opened on an English computer, the French formatting is lost and reverts to English. Commas get converted to periods, spacing is lost and, worst of all, dates are displayed in the wrong language. This results in presentations that look unprofessional and riddled with mistakes through no fault of the author. There needs to be a way to set the default language for a presentation and/or force the formatting to be displayed in that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic reuse of slides

I very frequently reuse slides from other decks but the current reuse by copy model doesn't work for me because there's no way to check whether the slide has been updated by the owner. Ideally, when I reuse a slide I would like it to maintain a link to where I got the slide from and if it is changed, change it in my deck as well. Or at least prompt me to flow the changes in the original slide through to my deck.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

545 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dark theme

Can I have a dark theme

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. free

We can just make everything free not everyone has Powerpoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an option to align multiple math equations as a group by the equal sign

Add an option to align multiple math equations as a group by the equal sign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using PowerPoint to make exercise videos for my virtual Elementary PE lessons.

I’m an elementary PE Teacher in Tacoma, WA. I’ve been playing with PowerPoint this fall to make exercise videos for my students since I am only teaching virtually. I haven’t had any training in PowerPoint, just some youtube (which doesn’t quite cover what I’m trying to do) and playing around in the program. I’m looking for anything to help make my videos better. Do you have more 3D animations available than what is already in the stock animations? Any feedback or help would greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of examples of what I’m doing for my students. My homemade…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base