PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Import WEBP images

Hello,
    My idea is simple - add WEBP format to supported image types, so we can import WEBP images, that are very common in WEB these days. Make them possible to import not only to PowerPoint, but preferably all Office apps.
    Best regards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compress all embedded TIFF, BMP, EMF etc. images to PNG or JPG

When users copy and paste images into PowerPoint, e.g. from screenshots, these are inserted into the file as uncompressed .TIFFs. Add a few of these, and the file size starts going way up, but the average user will not realise why. Sometimes users will insert bitmap format files such as EMF, BMP into presentations, not knowing that these could have been reduced in size by converting to a different format.

Currently, the Compress Images tool (in Picture Format tab, or in the Save As dialog) doesn't dabble in formats. It only reduces file size where the image has been cropped…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for webp to MS office products

It would be great to add support for *.webp to MS office products

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Placeholders Should Not Pop to the Front

On a slide master or layout, place a logo or other static content over top of a placeholder. Now make a slide from it and fill the placeholder. The placeholder is now on top of the logo. That's wrong. This is a long-standing design flaw that needs to be fixed.
    This suggestion is not the same as the idea of adding layers to the slides, please do not amalgamate this with that idea.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Playing animations from the animation panel

When I do "Play" or "Play from", you play the animations, but when there is a mouse click event, you must PAUSE until I click the mouse! It does me no good to see the whole thing run through so quickly that I cannot follow it. If I want to stop the play instead of clicking the mouse to get to the next animation, there would be a STOP PLAY button. The current "play from" is useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it possible for users to preserve subtitles in embedded videos when exporting a powerpoint presentation to video

When exporting a powerpoint to .mp4 or .wav, it would be extremely helpful to have the ability to preserve subtitles in embedded videos. Saving a powerpoint as a .ppsx is a decent workaround but it does not help when creating a video to air on a local television station. I added subtitles in all my embedded videos - it took several hours - and they disappeared when I exported the powerpoint to video. I do not have the time to recreate all the subtitle files - it would save immense amounts of time to just have the subtitles there in…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Notes with the Record Slide Show feature

Currently, when using the Record Slide Show feature in the Slide Show tab of PowerPoint, there's no way to show the presenter Notes. Please add the option to show presenter Notes when Recording a Slide Show. Thank you.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PowerPoint Shortcut Customization

It will be great if users can customize keyboard shortcuts for different functions on PowerPoints depending on their personal / business needs. For example, I need to design a lot of PowerPoint Slides for my role, so I need to use a lot of object alignment options. It will be great if we can set our own keyboard shortcuts to align the objects (e.g., align left, right, middle, center etc.) that suit our needs.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improved inking experience within slides

Inking in PowerPoint is an incredibly important tool for capturing feedback and marking up slides (way more effective than a laser pointer). Ink is a very important way to engage with an audience. However, the in-slide ink experience is very poor generally and needs improvements such as:

1. Effective palm rejection - accidental touch pen artifacts and unexpected slide advances are common when presenting with touch and pen.

2. More Colors: In PowerPoint 2007 you could select from a large set of colors in the pen palette while presenting. The current limited set appeared in PP2010 and has not changed since.

3. Changing…

413 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow disabling the context-aware automatic switch to "picture format", "shape format" , etc.

Please add the option for the user to disable the context-aware automatic switch to ribbons such as "picture format", "shape format" etc . To me, in my work, every time I draw a line the automatic switch happens to a set of default formatting values (shades, thikness, etc) that every time I have to undo. This is unbelievably counter-productive, particularly if I am trying to draw an engineering diagram with over 100 lines. For every line I have to go there and click and drag on a menu because I do not want an automatic shade. To me, this was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in the name of GOD

Microsoft powerpoint MUST have Layers toolbox on the edge.
    (refer to Adobe softwares for observe feature).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change Background and/or Theme on multiple files all at one time

I really wish there was a way to change the background/theme on multiple PowerPoint files at once. I have many, many lessons in PowerPoint files and I'd like to update all of the backgrounds to the same theme. The customer service agent I spoke to said it is not possible to do this all at one time without opening each file and changing the theme individually. Microsoft should consider adding this feature so businesses and organizations who use PPT on a daily basis can update hundreds of files at once. It would save an enormous amount of time when organizations…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to adjust rounded rectangle corners to different radii/radiuses, independently.

E.g. Top-Left: 3mm; Top-Right: 0mm; Bottom-Right: 15mm; Bottom-Left: 10mm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make notes bigger while recording

The notes view is to narrow and small while recording. Please make it bigger, or at least give som options about size.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable live captions when presenting in windowed mode

Live captions ('Always use subtitles') works in full-screen but doesn't work in windowed mode (Set Up Show > Browsed by an individual (window)). We use this mode to present live online without filling the presenters whole screen. Captions are still needed for accessibility in this scenario.
    The feature works on the Mac, but not in the Windows version of PowerPoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Revert Picture Transparency Picture Tool Format back to original configuration

Revert Picture Transparency Picture Tool Format back to original configuration

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow transition sounds when convert to video

When a presentation with transition sounds is converted to video, these are not transferred. Only are transferred the sound that are directly inserted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. automated table of contents on each slide

It would be very convenient to:
    - have an automated table of contents added at the beginning of the presentation (even with text, not only like zoom feature) based on the sections names
    - have a reminder of the position in the toc on each slide, horizontal like a breadcrumb of vertical in the margin, with emphasis on the current section.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exit animations for objects before slide transition

It would be great to be able to add exit animations to objects on a PowerPoint slide so that when you click to advance to the next slide those objects perform an exit animation and then the slide is immediately advanced afterwards.

Currently, in order to achieve this effect we need to duplicate the elements onto the following slide which is a pain and makes editing tedious. This workaround also doesn't work for presentations that use hyperlinks to navigate around a deck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Translation of a full PowerPoint presentation

In the PowerPoint Presentation Translator Add In, there was subtitles (integrated now natively in PowerPoint) but also a way to translate a full presentation from one language to another language.

This features was really used for all international company and as the Add-In has been removed, it's really a pain for lots of users. On my side, I will loose at least 4h per month not to have this features in PowerPoint.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base