PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Make Microsoft Forms add-in for PowerPoint a true add-in (that can be deployed) so users can use it without having access to the store

Currently Microsoft forms for PowerPoint is not an add-in as such, and therefore if your office tenant has "users can access the store" turned off it does not work. Most add-ins are admin deploy-able which is a workaround that is suitable for most add-ins. However, this is not an add-in so cannot be used.

Context: Schools!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paragraph styles

It's really time consuming to set up text styles and have everything look consistent.

Also I often create templates for clients and they cannot manage to apply the same style to the newly added texts as powerpoint makes it really difficult for them...
    This then usually ends up in a compromise of still having it look acceptable and being set up so simple that they still can use the template...

Would be great to have paragraph styles similar to Indesign or MS Word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic reuse of slides

I very frequently reuse slides from other decks but the current reuse by copy model doesn't work for me because there's no way to check whether the slide has been updated by the owner. Ideally, when I reuse a slide I would like it to maintain a link to where I got the slide from and if it is changed, change it in my deck as well. Or at least prompt me to flow the changes in the original slide through to my deck.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic Video compression

Let PowerPoint automatically compressed video, have it as an option in save that all video (images) are automatically compressed. Employees always forget to compressed videos. By having it automatically compress video (and images) it will help OneDrive and Sharepoint to save disk space and help with sync problems.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the option to change default pictures folder in PowerPoint

Unlike Word, where we can change the default pictures folder for users, there is no such option available in PowerPoint. I have noticed making changes registry also does not have any effect in latest versions of PPT. Please allow this function, as it would benefits a lot of companies to direct their users to go directly to a folder with all brand approved images from within PowerPoint (just like in Word)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to be able to set a position other than default for the video narration window, by using slide master or other means.

I would like to be able to set a position other than default for the video narration box, by using slide master or other means.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. choose which monitor presenter view opens on with more than 2 monitors

My setup consist of 3 monitors and now that my whole company is working remotely I'm doing more presentations from my desk rather than in conference rooms. This requires that I have 1 monitor for screen sharing the slide show, and another monitor set up for the presenter view.

In the Slide Show tab I can easily configure which monitor the slide show starts on, so that my screen share monitor is set correctly; however, the presenter view just starts on whichever monitor it wants which means I have to minimize the screen, move it across the screen share to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back copy comments feature when copying slides

It is much easier to delete the comments from a copied slide than to recreate all the comments when trying to combine two presentations into one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to convert powerpoint presentation to SCORM compliant file

Why not have a feature that lets users to export or save the PowerPoint file as a SCORM compliant file?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Custom slide show] cannot be named./[目的別スライドショー] に名前を付けられない

We would like to put our original name for a new slide show.
    Once we create a new slide show according to the following procedure, the name will not be changed as instructed and will be saved as [Custom Shows 1] [Custom Shows 2] [Custom Shows 3].
    Once saved, go to [Edit], clear the [Slide show name] box and enter a name to change it to the desired name.
    Instead of renaming this way, please be able to name it from [New].

title : Create a basic custom show

URL : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-present-a-custom-show-09d4d340-3c47-4125-b177-0de3be462c5d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

以下の手順で目的別スライドショーを新規作成すると名前が変更されず [目的別スライド ショー 1] [目的別スライド ショー 2] [目的別スライド ショー 3]で保存されてしまう。
    一度保存後に [編集] から、[スライド ショーの名前]…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. do a superhero noise like da da da da

you could create a superhero template

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable the "Creative Common Only" by GPO to avoid naughty pictures from WWII

In the INSERT -> ONLINE PICTURE search function the "Creative Common Only" option is selected by default, which leads to inappropriate results. For example, employees from Germany will get pictures from the time of the Second World War in the search results if they are looking for "Besprechung".
    With this UserVoice entry I want to request a GPO or similar configurable procedure to avoid the default checked option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pen strokes lag on external display in Presentation View when writing on slides in the Presenters View

This is more of a bug than a feature request, but I was directed here by Microsoft support – they said this bug is “by design”, but I don’t think it really is…

For the initial discussion, see here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/pen-lags-on-external-display-presenting-powerpoint/720337ef-30d4-4fcd-87b1-254f708e1246

To summarize it again: When I show PowerPoint slides with my computer connected to an external display, I can write on the Presenter View's slide – the strokes are smooth and the pixels appear “on-the-fly” on the slide where I write them. However, in the Presentation View, the pen writing lags behind: it only shows up in the Presentation View…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Merge Sway to PowerPoint

Microsoft, it would be great to merge Sway to PowerPoint. It would allow us to work on an app we already know and also, it would be excellent to be able to export to a web format, in the same way as Sway currently allows. The idea is to be able to keep interactivity, lightness and speed...

Would really love to be able to export ppt as sway and share to external parties.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Duplicate and Copy whole powerpoints

So I just realized when visiting one of my previous PowerPoint slideshows that I can copy and duplicate PowerPoint slides for a slideshow, but cannot duplicate the whole PowerPoint (file) so you can have two separate powerpoints if you need to change one but don't have time to do it from scratch.

I hope this can be done one day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put watermark on PowerPoint slides

PowerPoint lacks a funcionality to put watermarks on slides. This is something I frequently need and PowerPoint simply does not have a way to do it in a simple, effective and flexible manner.

There is a video in Office Support that explains how to add a watermark. They instruct us to add a text box to the master slide. The problem with this approach is: if you add pictures or non-transparent objects to slides, they will cover the watermark.

The approach I use is to add the watermark manually to every slide. The problems with this approach are obvious: very…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Ink Transparency to pens on the draw menu.

When working with a stylus on the Draw menu I can choose a range of colours from the palette but there is no transparency option. After drawing the line, I can highlight it, go to Shape Format, choose Shape Outline and then change the transparency. Why not in the original draw menu?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base