PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Improve the Linked Files Interface

The edit Links to Files dialogue box needs a refresh.
    1) you cannot even scroll left right and successfully get the often very long file path displayed; identifying the right file when trying to update charts in ppt is not easily possible. Recommendation: fix the display of the content in this window that the information gets actually shown. Also useful would be the possibility to resize this window to be able to avoid scrolling at all.
    2) add a reference to the object in this "Links" window, so you know what object on what slide is linked. A little preview…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerPoint version for Designers

I would LOVE to see a leveled-up version of PowerPoint for presentation designers that gave us control over all of the things we can't control in the standard version of PPT. Something where we could create a design system and the output would be a standard PPT template. Can we have that please?

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change language for whole presentation with one click

I would love to be able to change the spelling check of WHOLE document/presentation with ONE click. As a bilingual student i write papers in different languages but always struggle with changing the spelling check. I dont want to select whole document i just would like to change global language for my project with one simple click.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy and pasting Text Box

When copying and pasting a Text Box, have it pasted in the desired cursor location

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better compression for pptx created from a template model

Either for PowerPoint for Windows 10 or Office 365 for business;
    I found that a model is kept as is when a pptx file is created from a template potx file. This can make documents much more heavier than they should be, when copied every-time as a starter for reproducing documents.
    If the user stays conform to the concept, He/She would always use templates (potx files) for pptx generation, and not other pptx files. This can be less productive, but way more efficient (general performance / digital carbon footprint).
    A trade-off could be to offer on saving a document to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The file name should automatically save into the title field when saving a PPT

The file name should automatically save into the title field when saving a PPT

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My suggestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the whole text not for one paragraph that"s my idea.

My suggestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the whole text not for one paragraph that"s my idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a "Practice speech" mode that uses AI to analyze my speaking speed, emotions/tone, and volume.

One of the tougher parts of giving a slideshow talk is practicing your speech. Many speakers, especially beginners, use a flat tone that bores audience members. Speakers also vary in their speed (slow vs. fast) and emotional style. Some sentiment analysis using voice recognition tech might be helpful in that regard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow me to write in the notes section while listening to a proffessors audio voice over without the audio stopping!!!!!

allow me to write in the notes section while listening to a proffessors audio voice over without the audio stopping!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re-allow embedded YouTube videos and other online sources

YouTube videos used to utilise the embed code but they now use the URL. This is great, but if you need to auto-enable closed captions or privacy-enhanced mode, then this isn't possible (and no, adding the ccloadpolicy to the YouTube URL doesn't work, it seems to be ignored when played in Powerpoint). Can we either have YouTube's embed re-enabled, or allow options such as turning on closed captions?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Link text to other text boxes

Would be great to be able to link presentation title to appear auto in my footer, and also sections... so that I can have my presentation title and section appear in the footer... <title> or <section> similar to <#>

I don't want users touching the master slides to update this, and would rather have this function as an automatic hyperlink or this like where it is coded into PPT... so when user creates a Section name, and slides in that section will read that name into <section> in a text box. Same with <Title> or <MainTitle> and have the ability…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make laser available during recording

The pen and highlighter are buttons on the bottom of the recording screen, but the laser can only be selected by right clicking on the buttons. Please put a laser button there too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Randomise animation timeline

Hey, what if there is a random scattering of animation timeline on animation pane. Also what if animations could be copied?
    I can help you with the code.
    just use this equation x(n+1) = r*x(n)[1-x(n)], where everything in circular brackets is subscript and square brackets follows BODMAS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. lock items to a position

Would like to be able to lock an item in place

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add the option to share JUST the slide show with anonymous users so the show runs as soon as they click the link.

I love having the ability to share slide shows and prevent users from downloading. However, I am quite saddened by the fact that there is no way to just share the presentation itself rather than require that users (1) click the link; (2) click Run from Beginning.

With the new Morph feature, presenters can create all kinds of PowerPoint magic, and it would be nice if we can share without letting consumers see the slides used to create that experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. extend the slide preview in the presenter view - like it was before: more than just one slide

Back in Powerpoint2010 Days we used to have this pretty band down below, having a preview of more than just one upcoming slide. This worked fine, was very hepful and made sense. Now there is only a one slide preview available... but why? Can we please have the band back? It was a wonderful reminder of whats coming up and helped the presenter to remember the plot of the entire presentation. One slide is just not enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Animation sequence in PowerPoint

With start on click, the animation sequence appears to be in order. However, when changed to Start with Previous and Start after Previous, the animation sequence now shows 0.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Comprehensive Grammar checks missing in PowerPoint

I have been looking for an option where PowerPoint can check grammar and language the way MS Word does. I understand that it has the functionality of providing arbitrary suggestion, but looking for a more comprehensive way to reduce grammatical error while creating PowerPoint Presentations. Adding a tool lile Grammarly would prove to be really helpful to PowerPoint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save live captions in an .srt file after the presentation

Save live captions in an .srt file or similar
    Thank you for adding live captions - an amazing feature!
    For education, it would provide an additional layer of accessibility (not to mention the time saved) if we were able to save the generated captions and have them bundled with the file we share to students after a lecture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow me to quickly and easily import color palettes from external software.

I would love to be able to import color palettes from tools like Adobe Color and other color-palette generators. If I want to create a custom palette today, I would have to manually specific my colors. I also have to use RGB, whereas HSL/HSV/Hex are often used by professional designers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base