PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Import WEBP images

Hello,
    My idea is simple - add WEBP format to supported image types, so we can import WEBP images, that are very common in WEB these days. Make them possible to import not only to PowerPoint, but preferably all Office apps.
    Best regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient transparency for pictures like in Corel DRAW

Currently, we have no good tool for smooth blending between two pictures, using gradients with transparency. There is a workaround described there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_EMlmmsRDU
    You draw a rectangle over the picture and fill it with color gradient with transparency. It works fine when you want to fade an edge of a picture over a plain background with a single color.
    You can also fade all edges of a picture using effects but the blending radius is limited (a radius slider would be helpful) and it does not help at all when you just want to blend one edge of a picture…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Placeholders Should Not Pop to the Front

On a slide master or layout, place a logo or other static content over top of a placeholder. Now make a slide from it and fill the placeholder. The placeholder is now on top of the logo. That's wrong. This is a long-standing design flaw that needs to be fixed.
    This suggestion is not the same as the idea of adding layers to the slides, please do not amalgamate this with that idea.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for webp to MS office products

It would be great to add support for *.webp to MS office products

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support different size slides in a single PPT file

When you customize the size of the slides, the setting will be applied to all slides in a file. But I would like to use different sizes of slides in a single PPT file. Please support using different aspect ratio slides in a single presentation!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make notes bigger while recording

The notes view is to narrow and small while recording. Please make it bigger, or at least give som options about size.

181 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back timeout in kiosk mode

At one time, PowerPoint did something quite useful for kiosk applications:

If nobody touched the keyboard/mouse/whatever for XX seconds, the presentation would automatically hop back to the first slide.
    In other words, it'd automatically reset itself for the next person who viewed the kiosk.
    I don't remember when this disappeared, but it'd sure be a useful thing to bring back.

How about an option in the Slideshow setup dialog:

Reset after: [textbox] seconds

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VBA insertfromfile to maintain formatting

When using InsertFromFile if the source has a different theme then formatting (backgrounds, fonts, colors etc) often get 'left behind' which makes for some ugly results.

Would be nice to extend the function to allow it to bring the source formatting along with it (either automatically bringing across a master slide, or making element formatting explicit in the destination)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio and Webcam recording uncompressed

Please make a small. Interface that allows me to take control of the audio and video quality if I use Powerpoint for Recording both. The Webcam input iss compressed to 480p and the audio quality is low too. Since covid 19 content production got very important, the lack of sound quality control is a real barrier. Powerpoint compresses these inputs for file-size reasons, please give advanced users the chance to produce hq content tho.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Translation of a full PowerPoint presentation

In the PowerPoint Presentation Translator Add In, there was subtitles (integrated now natively in PowerPoint) but also a way to translate a full presentation from one language to another language.

This features was really used for all international company and as the Add-In has been removed, it's really a pain for lots of users. On my side, I will loose at least 4h per month not to have this features in PowerPoint.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow disabling the context-aware automatic switch to "picture format", "shape format" , etc.

Please add the option for the user to disable the context-aware automatic switch to ribbons such as "picture format", "shape format" etc . To me, in my work, every time I draw a line the automatic switch happens to a set of default formatting values (shades, thikness, etc) that every time I have to undo. This is unbelievably counter-productive, particularly if I am trying to draw an engineering diagram with over 100 lines. For every line I have to go there and click and drag on a menu because I do not want an automatic shade. To me, this was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keep videos or animations playing in presentation while accessing other files

It's sometimes necessary to access other files while running a PowerPoint presentation, especially in education - I might need to access attendance rosters, prepare to share a handout, or access Zoom controls while presenting. Often, it's most convenient to perform these other tasks when an animation or other media is playing in the presentation, but the PowerPoint default automatically stops playing any media when a different program is selected. It would be very helpful if PowerPoint in presentation mode would keep playing animations and media when another file or program is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable annotation in "Browsed by an Individual" Presentation Mode

As a user in online meetings all day with a single 49" monitor, I need to use "Browsed by an Individual" presentation mode frequently to ensure participant's view of my presentation is optimized, but I also need the annotation tools in PPT to be active in this mode, since it is not really being viewed by an individual.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. YouTube caption set automatically in PowerPoint

I am using an online YouTube video in my presentation. Looking forward if there is an automatic setting for the caption in PowerPoint.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Translation and read-out in watcher language of dedicated Notes on each slide could make Powerpoint a smart media for global "webinars".

Translation and read-out in watchers preferred language of dedicated Notes on each slide - could make Powerpoint a smart media for global "webinars".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. it would be great to have a better way of navigating/panning in a slide

I find hard to navigate/scroll within a slide when I zoom in it a lot.
    I zoom in a lot in order to line up details and I would like to have a better way of navigating in the slide, for example like in photoshop where you can hold spacebar+ click and you can pan around the image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. style sheets please

need I say more? Word has style sheets...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. in the name of GOD

Microsoft powerpoint MUST have Layers toolbox on the edge.
    (refer to Adobe softwares for observe feature).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In Presenter View, show notes of new slides without waiting for Transition

In Presenter View, when you click to the next slide, you have to wait for the transition of the new slide to end to see the notes of that slide.
    I use Morph animation a lot and those 2 seconds would be very usefull to read the notes of the incoming slide.

I propose that, just when you click to change the slide, the new notes appear inmediately (ignore transitions in Presenter Window).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base