PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Notes Master page resize

Currently there is no way to resize the notes master page without editing the .xml properties. We need to be able to resize this through the GUI to fix arbitrary file corruption happening on our presentations.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve error msg "PowerPoint can't start this feature because you currently have a Visual Basic for Applications project in break mode."

This message is displayed when there is an unhandled error in a customUI callback. It's extremely difficutl to debug as it can occur as PowerPoint and it's registered add-ins load. What is "this feature"? Which add-in caused it? Why can't we enter debug mode? I posted to @Office365 below and raised an in-app frown as this could affect many many users. This thread (with MVP input) demonstrates the Heisenbug nature of the issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54432885/periodically-getting-vba-break-mode-error-messages-when-loading-ribbon-controls

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need Word implemented Track Changes in Powerpoint

Need to have the ability to edit a slide and show track changes so others can see in addition to the adding comments that exist. want it to be the same as the way Word does it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Live" Shapes in Presentation Mode

The ability to sort or categorize shapes/objects within an active presentation would be extremely valuable for teachers when making interactive games in PPT because sorting involves specific early learning skills that **cannot** be substituted with other animations or actions.

There are multiple issues with the imperfect workaround of having students drag and drop shapes/objects within the working PPT - such as the inability to have audio or animations complement the learning activity and, of course, the fact that the shapes are inadvertently deleted or resized frequently.

This would have MANY educational applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notes Panel should be at right or allow to change position

There is no reason to keep "Notes Panel" at slide bottom, nowdays almost everyone has a wide screen, the current position is uncomfortable for editing.
    This panel should be at right or allow to change position.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exclude Element from Design Ideas

Would be good to be able, say right-click to exclude an element from Design Ideas (ie. excluded/deselected element are manual design) - this could be useful where there are annotations for example, also can allow Design Ideas to concentrate on the main elements (and avoid the 2 many elements problem prohibition Design Ideas from working).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cast to Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay.

Many of us normally present our PowerPoints by connecting a video cable up to a projector or TV screen. What if we could do the same thing only with a Google Chromecast device or an Apple device with Airplay built in? It would make a lot of sense. I was thinking under the "Slide Show" tab in the ribbon, there should be a "Cast" group with the following options:
    - Cast to Google Chromecast (with the Google logo or the casting icon)
    - Cast to Apple Airplay (with the Apple logo)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Slide Sorter View for Custom Slide Show

The current Custom Slide Show dialog box with a list of slide titles to create a custom show is impractical for files with a large number of slides. It would be so much more usable if this dialog box could be replaced with a window similar to the Slide Sorter View to include, exclude and dragging to rearrange slides.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Powerpoint - set color blending mode to 'multiply'

Dear PowerPoint mods

I think you underrate PPT as a design tool. It's bloody good.

One thing that would take it to the next level though is if you'd implement 'multiply' as a color blending mode.

This would be truly amazing. You've already got a ton of other powerful design features like boolean operations, EMF file integration etc etc, but what you're missing is 'multiply'.

This would change lots of designers lives who use PPT on the reg.

Sincerely

Ben

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embed videos from internal hosted video streaming platform

As a university we have our own video streaming platform hosting teaching content, it is becoming vital to be able to embed content from these types of systems. Especially where YouTube, Vimeo and MS Stream are not suitable for this type of content. Systems used in universities are: Brightcove, Dacast, Echo360, Kaltura, Medial etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Comments searchable

There should be a way to search Comments. Currently, I can use the "Find" feature to search for text within the presentation, but there is no way to search through text in the "Comments" section. It would be nice to have a search bar in the "Comments" menu so if there are 100 comments and someone tagged me in a few of them, I can easily jump to those comments by searching for my name. This should be a separate search bar though - I don't want "Comment" text coming back as a result of the regular "Find" feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Coauthoring

My End users are having issues with CoAuthoring. When one person deletes a text box and saves, the text box reappears. This is useless to the team. Also, when the person who opened the Power Point Presentation leaves (closes) , the others lose their work. How about at least a dialog box warning the other Coauthors will lose their work. Even better, make is so they won't lose their work.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. lock items to a position

Would like to be able to lock an item in place

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unit of Measurement Options

It would be awesome if the base application spacing weren't restricted to Inches / Centimeters. There should be an option to set the baseline unit of measurement to pixel-based formats.

This would extend to things such as slide padding, grid density, item formatting options (border thickness, padding, margin). PowerPoint has the potential to be an amazing wireframing tool, but without the inherent support for app-based layouts, it makes it difficult to explore more robust ideas.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Saving styles for Shapes / Format

It would be nice to be able to save a custom style for the shape styles. If I right click it doesn't seem to have an option for saving it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert Slide within the ... option of the touch interface buttons

Currently when using a touchscreen with Powerpoint you can jump to a blackboard or whiteboard, but when you come out of this, as far as I can see the information is lost!! Either: Retain this information as a slide, or as some third party apps do (Smarttech) they allow the insertion of a new slide on the fly, where you can annotate ideas. This can then be saved as part of the presentation. This is a big miss at the moment

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 'Add to AutoCorrect' option for Powerpoint like in Word

Why isn't there an option to add custom words/spelling to AutoCorrect in PPT as exists in Word's 'Add to AutoCorrect' option? In fact, they should share the same AutoCorrect library, so if I have added a special word/spelling to my Word library, it automatically is recognised in the other MS products. Excuse me if it exists and I haven't found it. I also use this function to speed up typing by creating shorthand words which are automatically replaced by longhand spelling using Autocorrect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i am hungry

Give me all your money

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More controls for the wheel animation

The wheel animation's direction (clockwise / counterclockwise) and the radial position of it's "starting point" are currently fixed. Being able to alter both of these would enable a variety of new animation options, such as curved arrows and paths that appear to draw themselves.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base