PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. highlight text

In word I am able to lightlight text, but I can't do this in Powerpoint. Please add the ability to highlight text! (this isn't about highlighting during a slide show, this about highlighting text just like you can do in Word)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the ability to embed non-Youtube Video files (WMV format) into PPT 2016

Please provide the ability to embed non-Youtube Video files (WMV, MP4 formats) into PowerPoint 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Office Free.. The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type

The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type!

I hope you will have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for posting your request!

If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, msn.com) or an Office 365 work or school account, you should be able to view and edit a presentation for free in a web browser by saving the file to OneDrive or Dropbox and using PowerPoint Online to open it.
    https://office.live.com/start/PowerPoint.aspx

Hope it works as an alternative solution for you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

5. Export slides to PDF without ink markup

When exporting slides to PDF, unchecking the "include comments and ink markup" would result in a clean PDF with no ink (very useful when preparing lecture slides). That no longer works.

In the latest update, the checkbox has be re-labeled "include comments," and the ink markup shows up in the PDF regardless of its selection. Small change, but a major inconvenience when prepping lecture materials, as I now have to save duplicate copies of lecture slides.

PLEASE bring back the old functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Casey,

Thank you for submitting your feedback! I wanted to reach out to let you know that we have fixed this issue and brought back the previous functionality. If you update to the most recent version of Office, you can easily remove ink when saving as PDF just as before.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and continuing to work with us on improving our products for customers worldwide. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with Office!

Thank you,
    Elise

6. 3D animations

After I found all these amazing 3D objects I had a look at the animations but they are the same and do not use the 3D modal to its full potential.
    For Example the highlight rotate function would be perfect to rotate a 3D modal and display it from all sides.

And I think you guys working on optimizing PowerPoint are a lot more creative than I am and can come up with some more amazing animations for 3D objects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a real autosave feature

So pretty much every competent program now has an autosave feature. PowerPoint still doesn't. It saves every once in a while and it crashes so often you have to save every time you type a letter and hope it doesn't crash while saving. Therefore, a real autosave feature would be great where it doesn't just use a periodic save function as a fake autosave. Also, PowerPoint is a hilariously unstable program and crashes all the time for no good reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Office 365 users now have AutoSave for all files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint, which enables us to sync those changes, including to others in real-time if they are collaborating with you simultaneously. For local files, you still have AutoRecover, which can help recover information if you forget to save. You can configure that setting via File > Options > Save.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

8. Autosave should warn you if you open old presentations and you're going to lose slides

In a Powerpoint presentation I built last year, I opened it so that I can remove a few sensitive slides and save-as another version. To my dismay Autosave was put on by default and promptly crashed powerpoint when I tried to deactivate it. When I opened Powerpoint I could not undo and recover the slides I deleted. This is incredibly frustrating. The user should be warned if Autosave is suddenly activated on older presentations, or warn the user that slides will be lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office will warn you that AutoSave was on for your file if you make changes to cloud files and then Save a Copy to another version. To avoid situations like this in the future, we recommend using Save a Copy first before making changes.

As you know, with Version History, which you can access by clicking on the document name in the titlebar, you can restore any previous versions of the document.

Please note that AutoSave only applies to files on OneDrive or SharePoint. For files stored elsewhere, such as your local hard drive, changes won’t get saved until you manually save.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

9. icons as bullets

Love the addition of the icon feature. It's going to save us a TON of time and space. Now to make it so we can use them as bullets, yes? It just makes sense to connect the two now...instead of saving them out as image files we'll have to "manage." That's the only way to do it for now, it seems. Please? :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint office 365

re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint in office 365. Right mouse click has changed advances the slide, the same as left click, whereas it used to go to previous slide; this change is a disaster for users who use 'presenter' with no keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To using Surface Pro 4 Pen as a mouse in PowerPoint 2016 instead of inking

Previously using my Surface Pro 2, I was able to use the Surface pen as a mouse so I can handle objects, such as shapes as pictures in PowerPoint just as I would with a mouse. But now using a Surface Pro 4 the pen acts as a pen and the only thing it can do it write with ink and cannot work with objects.
    This is a big disadvantage for me. I was wondering how I can turn off this feature so that I can use the pen as a mouse cursor again instead of inking.
    The same issue…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to let everyone know that in the update to Office that started rolling out to Insiders today, you will find a new preference in the Options dialog to allow you to make the pen select instead of ink by default. Enabling this preference will make the pen function exactly like it did before, plus you can use the options on the Draw tab if you do decide you want to ink. If you are an Office Insider (which anyone can join at https://products.office.com/en-us/office-insider), you should get this update within the next day or so. If you are not an Office Insider, it may take another week or two to reach you.

This is a per-app preference, so you can enable selection by default in Excel for instance while leaving ink as the default in Word and PowerPoint, or you can switch all three. To access this preference…

13. Table of Contents

Bring back the ability to create Table of Contents! I often have large decks and have to create a TOC manually. I want the ability to create a one-click TOC based on slide titles or section titles. The most effective TOC would have a title, slide number, and hyperlink to the slide in the deck.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The Zoom feature has been released to Office 365 Insiders , and will soon be available to the rest of Office 365 subscribers. Update your app, and start creating your TOC via the Zoom feature.

The feature announcement can be found here:
    https://blogs.office.com/2016/07/26/the-evolution-of-office-apps-new-intelligent-services-such-as-researcher-and-editor-in-word-and-outlook-focused-inbox-as-well-as-continued-powerpoint-innovation-with-zoom/

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Should be able to disable Presenter view and have full screen on both the monitor and projector

When going into show mode there is no way of disabling presenter view at all. So in the case of a presenter with no notes, who just wants full screen on both the projector and his machine, has to deal with a small image on his machine while the rest of the monitors space is unused. Please allow a option to toggle between presenter view and full screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. let you put a video from your documents

place a video onto your PowerPoint from your documents not only from the internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve DPI scaling over different monitors for all office apps

Please improve DPI scaling over multiple screens with different scaling. All apps should scale according to the setting of each monitor. When scaling, apps rendering should stay sharp and accurate (not blurry!)

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting the feature request!

This work has been completed and released to Office 365 users in March. Please update your build to version 16.0.9029 or newer, and give it a try!

Again, thank you for helping us improve our product! And, please keep voting on the features that are important to you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

18. I think that maybe you should let 2 people be on the same power point at the same time

Make people be able edit and be on the same point at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix fonts list in Symbol dialog box

Home > Bullet button arrow > Bullets and Numbering > Custom opens Symbol dialog box to create custom bullets from fonts like Wingdings. There are currently no specific fonts listed. Always worked before 2016, broken now.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic animation of objects between slides

Ability to easily add animations to objects that appear on different slides.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base