PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Fixing the extension of "Save as image " by user

It would be helpful if PowerPoint would allow the user to set /pin the particular file extension required by user in its "SAVE AS IMAGE" option .

For example: if the user wants to save 'n' number of images in ".jpeg(or any other)" format then he can fix it by using the "fixing/ pinning" function to pin the desired file format instead of every time specifying the file format(like as of now).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You can add a search bar in Smartart

So if you add a search bar it will be easy for people to search on SmartArt

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consistent design ideas across slides

While Design Ideas feature is an excellent offering from Microsoft and help me on a daily basis and reduced my time significantly, I would suggest making the design ideas consistent across slides. Most of the time design ideas are not matching with previous slide designs or color schemes within the deck and also navigating through them is a pain.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Meeting Powerpoint screen pointer

When in a Teams meeting, adding a pointer when broadcasting files for an audience, such as PowerPoint presentations, would make it much easier for presenters to explain their works during meetings.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Moving Animation "Animation Pane"

I’d like to suggest a really small idea but it’s really handy.
    I’m designing a really complex slides using PowerPoint, with more than 200 animation per slide. So, sometimes I need to add something I’ve already forgot.
    So, in order to put it in the right place I need to click and hold the animation all the way up till I reach it right place “in animation pane” so my idea is:
    “how about to add moving the animation using numbers”
    For example: when I opening animation pane, right click on the animation then it really will be very nice…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PowerPoint allow animation pane and selection pane to be open at same time.

Recent update to 365 made PowerPoint animation pane and selection pane automatically collapse when you open one, and the other is already open. Sometimes need to see both at same time, for example, when using animation painter in a complicated slide that requires selection pane to select target group or shape. Please make this auto-collapse feature an option, so we can immediately turn it off and never use it. We are good enough at PowerPoint to be able to decide if we want one pane open, or both at once. Don't need the software to force these decisions on us.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A button to turn all text in a presentation into a vector shape or image

As embedding fonts is temperamental (e.g. doesn't usually work on Macs, some fonts don't allow embedding etc.), when you're using a custom font it would be great to be able to press a button and turn all of the text in the presentation to vector shape (ideally) or an image.

This way you can save out a version with editable text if you want to make edits in the future, but you can easily have a version ready to send to anyone in the knowledge that they will see the fonts as you see them.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. embed videos with embed code

PPT used to allow the embedding of videos using the "emded code" not just a link. With the embed code, I could embed videos from databases as well as from other websites like TedEd. Additionally, I could set start times for the embedded videos in cases in which I only wanted to share a set amount of a video. This embed code would allow skipping the adds in a YouTube or the automatic "next video" suggestion in YouTube. These are important features for use in classroom settings. I brought this up previously on this forum and was contacted by a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tabbed interface in POWERPOINT to support working on multiple documents

Can the Office team introduce Tab functionality in future releases of Office, including for Word, Excel, etc.? It's 2021 and I'm slightly amused that no one thought of doing so.
    Edge has multiple website tabs in a single browser window, Firefox and Safari have it, but not office? :)

Even Adobe PDF supports a tabbed interface where I can have multiple PDF's open in a single window, allowing an end user to reduce time spent in trying to scroll through multiple windows instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make .jpg default option for Power Point

would like an option to default jpg for saving pictures rather than prn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subtitle Settings - Needs Save Text File | Option Returned from Translator Beta Version

Previously in the Translator services tab of Microsoft PowerPoint, as a presenter, one could turn on the Language for English and at the end it would allow the presenter to save a real-time transcription of the speech in the presentation into a text file.

This is an important option for the presenters which should be brought back as soon as possible since it was a critical part of creating accessibility in videos and audio after the meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add Free Hand Drawing options in Power Point For More Stylish Presentations

Please add colour pens, highlighter, brushes, ruler , eraser, pencil, set square in PowerPoint for easy free hand drawings in Power Point more more stylish presentations. I think that this will make more stylish presentations in PowerPoint

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change default file format for saving a picture as a file from a slide

as I have to change this from .png to .jpg every single time, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. slideshow should be a slideshow, not a click&go.

slideshow would be useful if it served it's intended purpose and gave you a preview slideshow of your powerpoint. instead, the user must click to activate every slide, this does not allow the user to check the timing, as everything is timed to how fast the user clicks the mouse. pointless, useless, redundant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. preview is NOT a preview.

the preview option does NOT give the user a preview of the presentation. it's entire reason for existing is so that the user can check the timing of the slides, you CAN'T do that when you have to click the mouse to get EVERY INDIVIDUAL animation to play!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remain on the last view slide when entering/leaving Reading Mode

When you click into Reading Mode, it should start on the slide you were just viewing. After moving through the slides in this mode, upon leaving it, you should be looking at the slide you were just viewing. Otherwise what's the difference between this mode and full Presentation mode? Persisting on the current slide means I can use it as a way to preview Presentation mode and quickly jump into editing to make changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow graphics in Master slides to layer on top of placeholders

If you place any graphics on a Master slide, these will always be forced to the back when you come to the actual slide.

To solve this, perhaps you could add a new button next to placeholder which would be Add Graphic. These graphics would not show up as placeholders (i.e. you can't add anything to them) but their ordering would be respected in the final slide.

e.g. I want to ensure a logo, set from the Master slide, always appears on top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please give me layers

I'm doing a project where I have text animate out and in over each other, so when the PowerPoint isn't running all the text is on top of each other. I haven't even added visuals yet that are going to transition with the text. I'm tired of moving my text out of the way. Please PowerPoint. Give me layers :(

The animation pane sort of acts like layers in allowing you to switch the animations around, but there is no way to lock them in place or make then invisible or visible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for video backgrounds spanning multiple slides

I know a video playback spanning multiple slides is possible. However, if trying to use the video as a background, the video ends up playing on top of the the other shapes when spanning multiple slides. It would be wonderful if the video stayed in the back instead of coming to the front.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. space bar to pan around document after zooming in

Ctrol + scroll wheel allows zooming in, after that would be nice to be able to press space bar to hand grab the document and drag the document around (like in adobe illustrator).

and when zooming in "zoom to cursor option", whereever the mouse pointer is, the zoom centers the canvas to that point.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base