PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Easily turn slides into print-ready documents (bleed, cut lines, CMYK etc.)

Improve the ability for PowerPoint slides to be turned into print-ready documents, including:

• ability to easily add bleed and cut lines to slides (for exporting to PDF) without affecting current placement of elements on a slide

• colour conversion to CMYK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more beautiful fonts

Add more beautiful fonts in powerpoint to make it impressive. I am have used many fonts but trying adding more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Smart Art Colour themes based on dominant image

Smart Art gives a nice but basic sample of colour schemes through designer mode and through smart art formatting. For good design; however, most of us try to work with a consistent theme throughout, or match slides thematically to the dominant image on the page.

I find an image that works for my slide, insert and modify to fit visual style guide for PowerPoint. I then find the dominant colours in the image (Or cheat and use color.adobe to extract a colour theme from the image) and change the smart art and stylings of the page to fit the brief.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Accessibility, video has no audio

Currently when using the accessibility checker there is no way to flag that a video in the presentation has no audio and that captions aren't necessary.

I've had to create a webvtt to put in a caption that says no audio.

It would be great if this could be done by PowerPoint

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a Send to X Slide in the Transitions/Advance Slide section.

https://imgur.com/a/rw2Vomo

Please add a 'Send to X Slide' in the Transitions/Advance Slide section. It would improve Power Point for both presentations and the small part of the community that still makes games with Power Point.

Because we have been trying to replicate the Advance Slide Feature but with the difference that it sends You to a specific Slide (With VBA Macros), and it's just a nightmare.

Please add the feature or consider adding it, it would be a great QoL change!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gradient transparency for pictures like in Corel DRAW

Currently, we have no good tool for smooth blending between two pictures, using gradients with transparency. There is a workaround described there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_EMlmmsRDU
    You draw a rectangle over the picture and fill it with color gradient with transparency. It works fine when you want to fade an edge of a picture over a plain background with a single color.
    You can also fade all edges of a picture using effects but the blending radius is limited (a radius slider would be helpful) and it does not help at all when you just want to blend one edge of a picture…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide/Unhide selected layers

Would be very useful to have a toggle in the Selection Pane that allows to hide/unhide selected layer!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Consistent design ideas across slides

While Design Ideas feature is an excellent offering from Microsoft and help me on a daily basis and reduced my time significantly, I would suggest making the design ideas consistent across slides. Most of the time design ideas are not matching with previous slide designs or color schemes within the deck and also navigating through them is a pain.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. lock the slide when working on it so it doesn't switch to the next one

right now when I am working on a slide and I am zooming into it, when I have to be precise and edit things near the top or bottom edge of the slide, when I reach the edge of the slide, it often go to the next slide.

SUPER ANNOYING.

we need an icon where we can click on it and lock the slide, so we can work on that slide without being taken to another slide by mistake.

also like I wrote in another "idea", we need a better pan/navigation within the slide, like photoshop has (spacebar+click to move…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. it would be great to have a better way of navigating/panning in a slide

I find hard to navigate/scroll within a slide when I zoom in it a lot.
    I zoom in a lot in order to line up details and I would like to have a better way of navigating in the slide, for example like in photoshop where you can hold spacebar+ click and you can pan around the image.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make .jpg default option for Power Point

would like an option to default jpg for saving pictures rather than prn.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put back publish slides to folder to sort and find large slides.. PLEASE!!!!

As an editor of many submissions from the field, I used this functionality every day. its gone, and a big productivity killer... unbelievable workarounds are posted in forums.. mine will be to use an old laptop.... makes no sense..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support different size slides in a single PPT file

When you customize the size of the slides, the setting will be applied to all slides in a file. But I would like to use different sizes of slides in a single PPT file. Please support using different aspect ratio slides in a single presentation!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To enable me to use the record camera facility when recording PPT presentations and to be able to pre-set that to a particular position

1 Allow me to set the camera position in the PPT recording function to a position I choose, not the bottom left corner by default,
    2 but to do so in the MasterSlide settings, so I don't have to do it for each slide
    3 and allow me to change the size - from square to rectangular
    4 So I can look as if I'm in the presentaiotn, like a greenscreened person in a video
    5 allow me to set the camera image to soft edges - as we can do with images - so it does not look so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The show / hide nonprinting characters button is very much needed

A show / hide nonprinting button similar to the one in Word is badly needed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tabbed interface in POWERPOINT to support working on multiple documents

Can the Office team introduce Tab functionality in future releases of Office, including for Word, Excel, etc.? It's 2021 and I'm slightly amused that no one thought of doing so.
    Edge has multiple website tabs in a single browser window, Firefox and Safari have it, but not office? :)

Even Adobe PDF supports a tabbed interface where I can have multiple PDF's open in a single window, allowing an end user to reduce time spent in trying to scroll through multiple windows instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Auto-Reverse" for Transparency Animation

It's just like another way to make animation loop seamless.
    The idea is a checkbox like "Auto-Reverse" in other animations. After the Transparency done, the object will turn back into no transparency for a while. This' may meaningless in simple case but It'll help to control the object draw order (like Z-Depth) in animation, make it possible to loop animations like flip cards, object go behind another then go above it (something like this https://gblobscdn.gitbook.com/assets%2F-M3EXlibk6bj2FzPQW-9%2F-MXZYdH1VnApRXn6r7tt%2F-MXdkBYlA37I43RczryP%2Fdraw%20order.gif)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back Design Ideas Icon generator for a list

You would put down a list and click on the designer button and it would automatically create icons for the lists that were great. And, you could swap out the icons if you wanted. It was very useful, very easy and used all the time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Redesign the animation interface pan

The current animation pane is set over 3 tabs. Computers have much larger screens and we waste clicks jumping between the three tabs that could all be in ONE screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow ANY duration to be TYPED into an animation duration field

Currently animations have to be manually dragged out in the timeline if they are delayed for over 60 seconds. Why can't we just type the number of seconds into the numerical field?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base