PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. 'Present' to Skype/Teams/Zoom

When running a teleconference, it would be great if I could share my presentation in presenter view - treating the Web like an external projector. I know with Zoom I can select which window gets shared, but it's not foolproof.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. guestimate pie chart based on source image

Please add a feature to guestimate pie charts based on a source image. Doing it manually is a very painstaking process to figure out the angle values!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add Free Hand Drawing options in Power Point For More Stylish Presentations

Please add colour pens, highlighter, brushes, ruler , eraser, pencil, set square in PowerPoint for easy free hand drawings in Power Point more more stylish presentations. I think that this will make more stylish presentations in PowerPoint

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compare versions of same PowerPoint presentation in SharePoint/OneDrive

SharePoint is being used by many organizations to store their Microsoft Office files. This includes PowerPoint presentations. We need to have a simple way (like Word) to select different versions of the same file in the desktop application and compare them (redline or blackline).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change color of speaker notes in powerpoint

I would like to be able to change the color of the speaker notes while in powerpoint. I also would like to highlight in the speaker notes. People are doing online learning right now and are using powerpoint more. I understand there are more options when in different views, but I would like more options in the standard view

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio and Webcam recording uncompressed

Please make a small. Interface that allows me to take control of the audio and video quality if I use Powerpoint for Recording both. The Webcam input iss compressed to 480p and the audio quality is low too. Since covid 19 content production got very important, the lack of sound quality control is a real barrier. Powerpoint compresses these inputs for file-size reasons, please give advanced users the chance to produce hq content tho.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set a Zoom section preview image after clicking a section.

Allow the User to set a before preview image and an after preview image to indicate that a Zoom Section has been clicked during the presentation.

The default Zoom Section preview image is the first slide in a section. After clicking through the section the last slide in the section could be displayed as the section preview.

For example, a Jeopardy game board. When a clue section is clicked the first slide in the section is the value amount, section slide 2 is the clue, slide 3 is the answer and the last slide in the section is blank. After…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stock Video inserts

This MS feature was available but no longer - this option had a tremendous value in terms of time saved looking externally for stock video and the quality was high... please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it so that you can just play a video within powerpoint

Example: I get to the last slide and it has video link. instead Powerpoint could find the video then play the video when you click a play button

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improved search and repace for PowerPoint

In PowerPoint, could you please provide more search/replace capabilities. Similar to Excel could search and replace be restricted to selected slides, text boxes, etc. It's almost unusable as it exists because the replace is universal and most times I need to only replace a selection. Thanks you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improvement of SPEAK funtion in PowerPoint

SPEAK has been around for a long time but it's not that practical. You must select each text box in the Normal Presentation View and press SPEAK.

Given that many of us are now doing virtual presentations, not all microphones, accents and vocies are equal - and we need to think about accessibilty options. I've had clients with speech problems and so listening to online presentations with poor mics and speech issues makes it impossilbe for them to be heard properly.

Can we improve the SPEAK funtion to read from the PRESENATION SLIDESHOW in full - additional options (gender voices)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enhance Reuse Slides for PowerPoint 365

The Reuse Slides feature is really useful in light of its integration with OneDrive and SharePoint for 365, but the lack of the following features is incredibly frustrating and renders it rather unhelpful:

1. Select All Slides

2. Select Slides in a Section

3. Select Multiple Slides

Would love to see these features incorporated.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add powerpoint inside a powerpoint as an attachment

In the current version of Microsoft Office Powerpoint, users has the ability to add hyperlink to attachment; but the downside of this was when it was transfer to another laptop, the hyperlinks will become useless because the files are imbedded in the original source of the file.

I want to have an option to use hyperlinks and to save the actual files in the main powerpoint; just like when you add a video in the ppt, it will save in the actual file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make hyperlink/action button added in slide master work also in edit mode, not only in presentation mode.

I am mostly using power point presentation in my work in a non-presentation mode, i.e. the regular edit mode. This makes all hyperlinks / actions button that I want on every slide (therefore added to the slide master) totally useless, as they don¨t work in edit mode. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Presenter View – Automatically extend the arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View.

Presenter View – Automatically extend the PPT arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View. Speakers using Presenter View often have to look behind them to see where their mouse pointer is on the Audience Screen. This is very distracting to the audience and causes the speaker to lose track of where they are in their presentation.

There is an option to turn on the laser pointer, which extends from the Presenter View to the Audience Screen, but speakers often forget to turn this feature on or forget to turn it…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Could you kindly help me to improve one ppt-dia

Could you kindly give me some improvement suggestions for the the third slide (simple dia) in the VITAL VALUE NETWORKS AND COMPANIES (VBVN) in Finland and other Nordic countries presentation ? How to make a simple slide an impressive and understandable overall presentation

I'll send you this enclosure by email

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Embed Brightcove video

We would like to have the option to embed videos from Brightcove platform
    https://www.brightcove.com/

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. support scrollwheel in combo and list boxes

when developing a macro which includes UserForms with combo and list boxes, it would be really good if Powerpoint could be upgraded to allow the content to use the Mouse scrollwheel to scroll.

the behavior is sadly inconsistent with Windows UI norms/expectations, and I'm getting complaints from users about this 'feature' :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. loop

PowerPoint needs a way to easily loop animations on a slide. Currently, there are hacks that require silent audio files and/or copying and pasting the animations for a finite set of replays and/or creating custom shows.

There should just be a simple checkbox that says : Loop animations.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base