PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Notes Master page resize

Currently there is no way to resize the notes master page without editing the .xml properties. We need to be able to resize this through the GUI to fix arbitrary file corruption happening on our presentations.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The text-way animation

there should be a text way animation to apply handwriting effect with the hand picture. there should be an option to set a point of the object i.e. shape or a picture, to move on the way of that animation. in this animation the text should be written like the handwriting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slide Timer Insert Facility Tools

Actually, We used every time many operation with presentation but actually I need a option that shown every slider timer. Like example - when we start our presentation then slide change page to page but viewer noted the every point that are important in this presentation but sometimes they can't understand how many second keep stay in this slide page and then move to next slide. So I feel that it's better to working and presentation time for showing presentation slide timer input facilicty that are shown analog or digital clock style. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bigger canvas value than 56 inches

56 inches is the maximum that a PowerPoint is going to go up to, however a bigger resolution is what we live to see. Greater value, greater visibility and a greater effect of all the images and designs will surely come together in a dynamic way if this number gets stretched, and literally so! Moreover, PowerPoint presentations are used for large-scale events, and therefore having a feature that extends in size would be beneficial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Back and forth video play

We have already stressed on videos being an essential part of PowerPoint presentations, and going in sync with that is this one feature which is of the back and forth video play that is yet to be seen and made use of in PowerPoint. If one needs to make a reverse loop quirky content for social media content, then this would be a very useful feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support drag and drop EPS files

While PowerPoint has started supporting .SVG files lately, it is important that a globally known vector format like EPS should also be made available. This would be great, as it would help avoid the unnecessary step of having to convert files before using them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save each slide as separate video

If you are using PowerPoint to create Instagram content, or anything related to social media, instead of hiding slides manually in order to export videos, it would be great to have a mechanism through which we could save every slide as a separate video, as that would make the process easy and less cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pre-integrated Animated Icons

Bringing the PPT to life with pre-integrated animated icons is next level innovation that we hope becomes a possibility in the near future. Icon sets are great, but animation is where the world is right now, and we hope that PowerPoint picks up on this soon!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replace color in the entire deck

Yes, everything on the PowerPoint application is easy, and a lot of things can be executed with just a few clicks, but replacing the entire color in the deck in one go is still not a possibility in PowerPoint. If one has to attempt to change the color, that person has to do it manually, which is definitely more time consuming, and becomes a hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Replace color in the entire deck

Yes, everything on the PowerPoint application is easy, and a lot of things can be executed with just a few clicks, but replacing the entire color in the deck in one go is still not a possibility in PowerPoint. If one has to attempt to change the colour, that person has to do it manually, which is definitely more time consuming, and becomes a hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make biodiversity theme

make biodiversity theme

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust Wrap to shape

I would love to see text in shapes automatically wrapping to the form of the shape. So when rounding the corners of an rectangle for an example, the text-wrapping should automatically adapt to the form and not overflow the borders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve error msg "PowerPoint can't start this feature because you currently have a Visual Basic for Applications project in break mode."

This message is displayed when there is an unhandled error in a customUI callback. It's extremely difficutl to debug as it can occur as PowerPoint and it's registered add-ins load. What is "this feature"? Which add-in caused it? Why can't we enter debug mode? I posted to @Office365 below and raised an in-app frown as this could affect many many users. This thread (with MVP input) demonstrates the Heisenbug nature of the issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54432885/periodically-getting-vba-break-mode-error-messages-when-loading-ribbon-controls

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customizing of multiple monitor setups

I do a lot of corporate events as an AV-technician, and it bugs me every time that I can't work with multiple monitors for presentations. The poor support for multiple monitors should be better in 2019.

My setups usually consist of three monitors, where one is my monitor for opening and controlling presentations, one confidence-monitor for the presenter and obviously the projector. In an ideal world I would have "Presenter view" on both the confidence-monitor and my own, and the slides on the projector. As of today it's even a challenge to have two out of three monitors display "anything",…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a presentation tree

Presentations work on a linear form, one slide after the other. Create a presentation tree, with presentation lines. Linear lines moves with left/rigth arrows or pointer and branched slides with up/down arrows or pointers.

This way, during a presentation, the first slide on the tree can have more condensed information and, depending on the audience or remaining presentation time, go deeper on specific subjects, without the need to create several presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need Word implemented Track Changes in Powerpoint

Need to have the ability to edit a slide and show track changes so others can see in addition to the adding comments that exist. want it to be the same as the way Word does it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search for the commands you want to add to the QAT

When adding commands to the QAT from the "All Commands" option, we have to scroll through hundreds of features to find the ones we want to add to the QAT. Could we add a search window in that dialog box, in addition to the list of all PowerPoint's features? It would be a great time saver!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add support for more 3D file formats

Additional file formats such as .jt or .stp would be great for adding models to presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Zonal OCR for localization of screenshots

I create most of my documentation images in PowerPoint because all text has to be editable. Therefore it would be great to drag a square around the text I need to OCR in a screenshot and just create a text box out of it in PowerPoint. This would make the screenshots easy to translate. Right now, I extract text, but I can't make the text in an image editable without OCRing (and usually destroying) the entire image. I've also found no third-party tools that would offer a workaround.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Applying the save as even when the windows get expired

For there are some of us who's having a hard time to renew our windows and I really hope the "save as" options would be available even when we could not edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base