PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Slide toggle

A slide toggle button or shortcut for quick toggling between slides.

When working on two slides or carrying data to other slide, there must be a slide toggle button to quickly changeover slides between current slide and last openend slide. Its just like having a last opened channel toggler in remote controls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Videos in Presenter Mode

I have Microsoft Office Professional 2016 and I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? It seems that there's a bug in Presenter Mode. I had a very long dialogue on Microsoft Community with many suggestions without any solutions. This is an essential feature. It doesn't make sense to download YouTube videos for a presentation when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PP to record video of the editor presenting the PP (and embed this in the PP presentation movie)

1. PP is made. 2. editor records a video of themself presenting the PP 3. the video is embedded in PP in the bottom right corner. 4 The whole PP presentation with video of the presenter presenting in can be saved as a movie and distributed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be helpful in presenter mode to show the time line of a video in play to enable a pause or exit

It would be helpful in presenter mode to show the time line of a video in play to enable a pause or exit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Idea for a new shape: Forked arrow

Often I want to make a comment about two or more things, so it would be useful to have a ready-made forked arrow with two or more arrow tips that can be positioned independently of each other so I can point to each object. The arrow has one stem. I can put a text box at the end of the stem and write a comment about both objects at the same time. I know I could create this forked arrow byputting several shapes together, but comparing two or more things is quite a common task, and it could be useful…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. default options for audio (hidden icon) and for transitiona (automatic)

in PowerPoint I would like all the audio that I record in each slide to have the same characteristics (1) the icon is hidden during the presentation (2) the transition of the slide is automatic every time the audio ends; I can do it every single slide but I wish they were chosen by default and I wasn't forced to do all those steps on each slide; it's possible? thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text Box Handles to grab box to move so do not grab wrong box (instead of side of box)

HWen a box is too clode to or on top of another box it is difficult to grab the right box - sometimes you have to move one. If each box has its own handle (and they are like magnets that cannot be on top of eachother) so you grab the handle instead of the side of the box. SO it is a square with a handle like a frying pan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow animations on objects to activate upon slide transition

It would be cool if when you transitioned to the next slide, you could set an object to animate and appear automatically, instead of pressing the arrow key again. Maybe something like Options > Activate > Upon Slide Transition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. im using Paid 365 office. However, my designer idea function is missing. Is a very helpful tool. Please help to resolve issue.

Im currently using paid 365 office. However, my designer idea function is missing. Please help me to resolve I had tried all the guide provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow the option to change default pictures folder in PowerPoint

Unlike Word, where we can change the default pictures folder for users, there is no such option available in PowerPoint. I have noticed making changes registry also does not have any effect in latest versions of PPT. Please allow this function, as it would benefits a lot of companies to direct their users to go directly to a folder with all brand approved images from within PowerPoint (just like in Word)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add option to use OneNote for Windows 10

Features like linked notes are very useful, however I use OneNote for Windows 10, not OneNote 2016. I know Microsoft is in the midst of transitioning back to OneNote 2016, but it would be nice to support both until all features are added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quickly adapt content for misaligned projector

I was recently in a large off-site event where the projector was misaligned so that we lost the leftmost data on each slide. :(

If we could shrink the content on each slide (e.g. display at 90% and align to a selected side/corner) or had templates that we could apply that would add a black bar to one or more sides of a slide, that would have saved our meeting. It's necessary that we be able to adjust content display in a few clicks, since we couldn't redo all our slides in the short amount of time before the meeting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include Text to Speech

For Educational Presentaion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Annotated slides

I teach English/Social Studies and would like to be able to have students type answers to questions in the spaces or lines provided on slides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display Results of MS Forms in real-time

Currently if you insert an MS Forms the PPT Displays the Questions but not the submitted answers. It would be great to show the results of the submitted answers in real-time as I present.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow screen to move along while dragging the scroll slider

Hi Powerpoint team,

In Words and Excel, whenever I drag the scroll slider, the screen moves along instantly. But in Powerpoint, the screen stays there when I drag the slider, only move when I release the mouse button. I first thought this is a bug and posted this in Microsoft Community forum in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/screen-doesnt-follow-while-dragging-scrolling-bar/e46c64f4-322d-4bea-aae5-f0eff7892b32?tm=1586264747462

Then a MS agent told me to come here and propose the idea. Please consider this. Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Smart Art: DIALOGUES

Speech Bubbles have been available for a long time and help highlight what a single person says. But what about a conversation? Adapting current Smart Art options to this need are ineffective. This is the current process for making a conversation in Office:

1. Create a Speech Bubble.

2. Input text.

3. Edit appearance (shape, size, color, shadow, etc.)

4. Move into position.

5. Copy.

6. Paste.

7. Edit text.

8. Resize to fit new text.

9. Move into position.

10. Adjust callout pointer direction and location.

11. Repeat 5-10 for each Speech Bubble.

12. Select all Speech Bubbles from one speaker and change the color (to more easily distinguish speaker).

This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base