PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. In power point 2016 at video recording mode only the presenter's audio option has available.

Enable the audio as well as the video option during the recording of the slides as in video format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a paint bucket tool so we can make certain areas a different colour completely

I just think it would make coloring easier. Also so we can colour in things that aren't shapes or images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embedded video orientation error in exported videos

I have embedded videos in my slides from Apple and Android phones. They import fine, preview fine and also perform fine in presentation. However when exported to video, some of the vidoes are turned 90 deg inside the box (portrait orientation videos) or 180 degrees (landscape). Other videos work fine as embedded. This is an error in your video export function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Share a PowerPoint link and auto-launch in presentation mode

It would be great to share a PowerPoint link and have the presentation auto-launch in presentation mode when the user clicks on the link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Honour autofit trigger when running a VBA macro but the presentation opened withWindow:=msoFalse

If I open a presentation and have the withWIndows:=msoFalse (so it doesn't display) the autofit setting does not correctly trigger. Also there isn't an .overflowing property on textrange (like there is in Word) so I can't manually monitor and resize to work around this.

If I open the presentation with the window visible and include a number of sleep and doevents pauses (and/or a manual msgbox) then the autofit correctly triggers, but when running multiple instances of the script (in this case we generate ~500 different decks from the template in one run) so hitting "ok" between each is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to suggest to have a Paintbrush features in Power Point for your next update

This is a new features that i wanted to use everytime i wanted to create a document in power point to have a better presentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drawing Tools - Line Ends - add T Ends

In Drawing Tools - Line Ends - Create a T End option to the arrows, diamonds and circles. I know MANY sport teams use Power Point to diagram plays, skills and drills and would appreciate. Added Bonus would be able to select widths of the T ends (ie: like you can with Arrow end sizes)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. pasting an image into cell or cells of a Powerpoint table

I'm frankly amazed that this issue remains unresolved for over a decade. There are enough people who use both MS Word and Powerpoint that compatible interfaces should be a much higher priority for Microsoft than it has been. One should be able to paste an image into a table cell or group of cells using Paste or Ctrl+v. Shame on Microsoft for not taking some action on this issue!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring Immersive Reader to PowerPoint Desktop and Online

In schools, PowerPoints are often referred back to by students, rather than solely being used to present. Students with learning needs would benefit from being able to use Learning Tools/ Immersive Reader in PowerPoint, just as they can in OneNote/ Word.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make "No outline" the default for shapes

The current default, when adding shapes is same color outline. Most of us have to either reshape and make it as default shape, but we need to apply it to each presentation.
    Let "No outline" be the default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use font style like in Word (Heading 1, Title, quote etc.)

Use font style like in Word (Heading 1, Title, quote) to easily change formatting in whole presentation. Right now formatting options are very limited and changing fonts, color, size in Master slides doesn't affect all desired text fields most of the time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Optimize Experience for Social Media Posts such as Instagram and Facebook

I think Powerpoint is very capable of creating animated or still very eye catching Instagram or Facebook posts as well as quick YouTube videos. With size support and templating options, publishing tools Powerpoint can be a powerful competitor against Canva or Adobe Spark which people hefty subscription.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel Graphs Change Size After Pasted as Link into PowerPoint

When pasting Excel graphs into PowerPoint as a linked object, the Excel graph will shrink to 50% size or grow to 150% size if any change is made to the Excel file it is linked to (in our experience, the object shrinks ~90% of the time). The dimensions of the object change in PowerPoint, but the scaling remains at 100%. In order to return the linked graph to the correct size as created in Excel, all Excel worksheets need to be closed and the 'Update Link' needs to be selected after right clicking on the graph. The linked graph will…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to customize Powerpoint colors. I'm Color Blind and cannot see which slide is selected in the thumbnails in Dark Mode.

I'm Color Blind and I cannot easily see which slide is selected in the thumbnails when using the Dark Mode. The Dark mode is usually better for my eyes.
    We could have an option to change that color (that I don't know - I think green), or an option to increase the thickness of that borderline around the thumbnails.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. buenas noches tengo una presentacion que exponer en power point y requiero diapositivas horizontal y verticales como puedo hacre por favor

Urgente me gana el tiempo ya tengo mis diapos horizontales me faltan las verticales ayudenme por favor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to make a reccomondation here. It would be helpful for beginers if a manual is provided on how to work with powerpoint.

A manual which is of few pages on how to access the basic features would come handy for beginners.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to have Theme Colors for Shapes (Separate from slideshow master theme colors)

• Have option of colour from theme to preset colour of added icons eg: when an icon is added, it is already set to purple (not black)

• When converting a slide to a layout under the slide master, colours are automatically selected via the theme and do not adhere to the colours set within the individual layout. As an option, unique colour sets for individual layouts could work better

eg: a title may have a purple background fill, when choosing a layout the background fill will change to green (the colour set in the layout not the master slide…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base