PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. What if there was a way to link the slides with their notes(like arrows)? (presenter view)

In regular view, there could be numbers in both an area on the slide & a note.

In presenter view, there would be arrows pointing to the correct notes. This way, the creator only has to link 1 note with a point on the slide, instead of writing everything in notes!

NOTE: The audience wouldn't be able to see the numbers, or the arrows!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back copy comments feature when copying slides

It is much easier to delete the comments from a copied slide than to recreate all the comments when trying to combine two presentations into one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide/Unhide Section

It would be helpful if you could Hide/Unhide the slides in a Section, e..g. Right click a Section and choose Hide or Unhide.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save a Powerpoint presentation as a Web page or HTML document

I would like to be able to convert my presentation to a web page format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic Video compression

Let PowerPoint automatically compressed video, have it as an option in save that all video (images) are automatically compressed. Employees always forget to compressed videos. By having it automatically compress video (and images) it will help OneDrive and Sharepoint to save disk space and help with sync problems.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. there is no current option to apply all video in each slide in different size or location.

There is no current option to apply all video in each slide in different size or location. the default is in the bottom right hand corner, you can't move all of the Videos on all of the slides to a different location on all slides at once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to set a position other than default for the video narration window, by using slide master or other means.

I would like to be able to set a position other than default for the video narration box, by using slide master or other means.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make pens tip as a dot while writing in draw section and allow it curser effect in Camtasia editing

Please provide a rounder (Compass) to draw a circle from given point as center and given radius in Draw<stencil section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PowerPoint margin reference indicator lines need to be recoloured when using Dark Grey Office Theme

When in Dark Grey Office Theme, the margin reference indicators in PowerPoint seem to disappear. Of course - they do not. It's just that the margin references are not recoloured (e.g. to white) in this theme, so they blend into the theme background colour (i.e. grey on grey) and cannot be seen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display my most frequently used line spacing as a default

I almost always work with 1.1 or 1.2 never with 1.5 or above. Each time I want my specific spacing, I need to go through an elaborate procedure to get to 1.1.
    1. First I need to go to the linespacing options and get it to drop down
    2. Then I need to click on customize
    3. Then I need to move the Line spacing options from Single to Multiple (why does this default exist as single, when I get to customise I should be able to directly just enter the number. Why this additional step)
    4. Then key in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PowerPoint allow animation pane and selection pane to be open at same time.

Recent update to 365 made PowerPoint animation pane and selection pane automatically collapse when you open one, and the other is already open. Sometimes need to see both at same time, for example, when using animation painter in a complicated slide that requires selection pane to select target group or shape. Please make this auto-collapse feature an option, so we can immediately turn it off and never use it. We are good enough at PowerPoint to be able to decide if we want one pane open, or both at once. Don't need the software to force these decisions on us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add .mov file format with alpha channel for transparent animated overlays

I'd like to use PowerPoint to create transparent overlay videos for streamers. In order for this to work, I believe PowerPoint would have to have the ability to export/save as a .mov file type with the alpha channel enabled. How can we make this happen?!?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can't apply a theme to an existing powerpoint

I am trying to apply a saved theme to an existing powerpoint but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Icons and other functions are not available for 2016 office version.

Icons and other functions are not available for 2016 office version. It could be great if add this functions to this version of Office, because a lot of people bought 2016 version just before 2019 version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find and Replace Color

It would be great if there was a tool similar to the find and replace font tool, but instead for colors in the presentation. Choose one color in the presentation and replace all occurrences with a different color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It is really sad that you can no longer download a ppp to a usb and present on a non powerpoint installed computer

It is really sad that you can no longer download a ppp to a usb and present on a non powerpoint installed computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. to add timers to the options so that we can use them for quizzes

to add timers to the options so that we can use them for quizzes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drawing Tools - Line Ends - add T Ends

In Drawing Tools - Line Ends - Create a T End option to the arrows, diamonds and circles. I know MANY sport teams use Power Point to diagram plays, skills and drills and would appreciate. Added Bonus would be able to select widths of the T ends (ie: like you can with Arrow end sizes)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. do a superhero noise like da da da da

you could create a superhero template

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to add a table in notes

It would be helpful to be able to add a table in notes so we could have verbiage in one section, time and responsible party for training.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base