PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Make It Possible to Set Defaults on More Functions

I need to be able to easily and permanently set default page size (e.g., "letter") as well as a default font (and associated attributes such as Bold, Color, etc). At present there is no way to do this. I have to set them each and every single time I create a new document.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pen size

i would appreciate if pen size can change in presentation view and there must be some key boardshort cuts available to change pene color

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PREHISTORIC FEATURES OF POWERPOINT BACKGROUND NEED IMPROVEMENT

Please modify the gradient, textures and pattern in the format background region of power point region as they are looking prehistoric...
    please allow us to copy and insert the entire slide or a part of the slide of one presentation to another power point presentation
    please allow us to use the designer ideas as design template for the power point presentation of the entire presentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put superscript/subscript in the ribbon on windows version like it is on Mac powerpoint

As a scientist that uses super/subscript all the time, and as a windows user, the one feature that drives me crazy is the lack of a button for super/subscripts in the ribbon menu on windows PPT. Word and Mac PPT have these buttons easily accessible without having to open a submenu. This probably isn't an issue for most, but anyone who regularly gives presentations containing data with exponents or chemical formulas will tell you that it is a huge pain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add options to optimize the screen recording in PowerPoint

It would be great if you can implement customize options for PowerPoint screen recording to optimize the screen resolution of the recording file in order to reduce the data size of the recording file smaller than the current size.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Embed video search from Microsoft Stream

You should be able to search and pick the video you need from a window inside PowerPoint. Find your video a get the option if this should be a link or embedded "compressed" into the PowerPoint.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unit of Measurement Options (i.e. pixels, inches)

It would be awesome if the base application spacing weren't restricted to Inches / Centimeters. There should be an option to set the baseline unit of measurement to pixel-based formats.

This would extend to things such as slide padding, grid density, item formatting options (border thickness, padding, margin). PowerPoint has the potential to be an amazing wireframing tool, but without the inherent support for app-based layouts, it makes it difficult to explore more robust ideas.

Please give the option to change the units (globally) from inches to pixels - way more useful to think that way with a digital-only presentation.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extending Forms Integration in PowerPoint to Serve as a Polling Solution

I'd like to propose the idea of extending the functionality of Forms when integrated into PowerPoint. I'd like to insert a question every few slides, but at the moment this means creating lots of one question Forms Quizzes.

It would be better if you could go Insert > Forms > Choose Form > then select the question for that slide. Then repeat this throughout the presentation.

In addition, it would be great if the question types in Forms Quizzes is enhanced to include the likes of teams and leaderboards for running competitions. This is the sort of functionality that exists…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Embed Video - Support Edge

Currently Internet Explorer is required to play an video inserted in to PowerPoint. As IE has been removed from Windows 10 for a number of releases now, please can you add support for Edge or another method so installing IE isn't required.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Co-authoring in the PowerPoint client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    PowerPoint クライアントでの共同編集について
    Co-authoring in the PowerPoint client

■Description(内容):
    現在、共同編集が可能なPowerPointのファイル設定は ".pptx"のみ で、マクロ付きファイル ".pptm"などは、共同編集不可となっております。

※以下、参照。
    https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/office/ee1509b4-1f6e-401e-b04a-782d26f564a4?ui=ja-JP&rs=ja-JP&ad=JP

利用状況によっては、マクロ付きファイルの共同編集を行う機会もございますため、マクロ付きファイルの共同編集も可能とする機能の拡張を希望します。

Currently, files which can be co-authored are limited to “.pptx” files, but files with macros are “.pptm” files, and as such cannot be edited in this way.

See below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/document-collaboration-and-co-authoring-ee1509b4-1f6e-401e-b04a-782d26f564a4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Depending on our usage, there are times when we would like for users to be able to co-author files with macros, so please make this possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to permanently disable the export of Meta-Information while exporting a PDF from Powerpoint

When people in my company export PPTs as PDF Files the default setting is to include non printable information, in this case the "document's properties" and the "Document structure tags for accessibility" boxes are checked.
    The result is, that if you open the final PDF-file, the title is shown as "Power Point Presentation", instead of the file name in the upper left corner.

Please include the option to permanently uncheck these boxes. Currently it has to be manually unchecked every time a PDF is exported and is a constant source of errors, since the exported PDF-file can only be altered…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Translation of a full PowerPoint presentation

In the PowerPoint Presentation Translator Add In, there was subtitles (integrated now natively in PowerPoint) but also a way to translate a full presentation from one language to another language.

This features was really used for all international company and as the Add-In has been removed, it's really a pain for lots of users. On my side, I will loose at least 4h per month not to have this features in PowerPoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SVG animation

I just think about Inking Replay and Rewind animation when wrote this. What if my imported-SVG can have those animation (for no filled shapes only is ok)?
    I know there's a first point to make this effect find where to start. SVG make from tags (or layers, i don't know what it's called) but that structure can use for process the serial of the animation. And Multiple Strokes Inking look like an object. Totally It's possible, i think.
    About meaning of these effect, I can make It's possible to achieve some kind of styles like calligraphy, sci-fi hologram object, web…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Flow Charts

Could there possibly be additional flowcharts added, such as a flowchart used for computer programming? I am doing a computer science assignment using the insert shapes, and I thought it would be neat to see a pre-made flowchart used for computer programming (for reference, look up computer science flowchart).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default options for line and letter spacing that make sense

RE: Add line spacing options to tighten line

This issue was marked as done but it really hasn't been implemented smartly in my opinion.

Though you can now set other values through the new dialog 'More spacing' and 'Line spacing options' the defaults options are still really strange.

Would make much more sense to have something like:

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paragraph styles

It's really time consuming to set up text styles and have everything look consistent.

Also I often create templates for clients and they cannot manage to apply the same style to the newly added texts as powerpoint makes it really difficult for them...
    This then usually ends up in a compromise of still having it look acceptable and being set up so simple that they still can use the template...

Would be great to have paragraph styles similar to Indesign or MS Word.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Field Codes support in Text Objects

Similar to Word, Insert | Text | Quick Parts | Field ...

Easy examples where this could be quite valuable - { TITLE * MERGEFORMAT } to ensure the Title is in the header or footer of each page, or perhaps repeated on a final page. This can easily then extend to other highly useful elements - Author, Comments, FileName, Last Modified, Keywords, Page, NumPages, Subject, and more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using the Pen Features in Individual Window Mode

As remote teaching seems to be here to stay for a while, it is becoming increasingly important to be able to open a powerpoint presentation in an individual window that can be shared in a learning platform (like Blackboard) without having powerpoint take over the whole screen, so that the teacher can still monitor student chat. It is ALSO VITAL to be able to write on the slides, but the pen feature is currently not available in the individual window presentation mode. Is there some way to fix this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What if there was a way to link the presentation with the notes? (Presenter view)

In regular view, there could be numbers/letters in the slide where the creator wants them, with numbers down in the notes (maybe only shown during slide tab?).
    In presenter view, there would be arrows pointing to the correct notes. This way, the creator only has to link 1 note with a point on the slide, instead of writing everything in notes!

NOTE: The audience wouldn't be able to see the numbers, or the arrows!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Plagiarism check

Something similar to the grammar and spelling check, but have the option to check the page for plagiarism, this would help teachers and students be able to make sure their own work is done with the correct citations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base