PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Support for Newtek NDI as Display Outputs

NDI - Network Device Interface
    Is a cross platform royalty free Video Over IP technology. Predominantly used in Broadcast and Webcast type events but gaining popularity in other areas such as Digital Signage.
    Any computer can be an NDI Receiver so you can show presentation on many displays on a network.
    You can by dedicated NDI Receivers
    Ideally we would have the option to send PresenterView and PresentationView as separate NDI Sources.

https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export >> Create Video as MP4 is terrible quality with no useful options where the macro command works prefectly .

Just add the 5 macro command options into the video export screen so we can do it without macros..
    expression. CreateVideo( _FileName_, _UseTimingsAndNarrations_, _DefaultSlideDuration_, _VertResolution_, _FramesPerSecond_, _Quality_ )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved inking in presentation modes

Inking in PowerPoint is an incredibly important tool for capturing feedback and marking up slides (way more effective than a laser pointer). Ink is a very important way to engage with an audience. However, the in-slide ink experience is very poor generally and needs improvements such as:

1. Effective palm rejection - accidental touch pen artifacts and unexpected slide advances are common when presenting with touch and pen.

2. More Colors: In PowerPoint 2007 you could select from a large set of colors in the pen palette while presenting. The current limited set appeared in PP2010 and has not changed…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If I search for calendar 2019 I get in powerpoint hits for a 2013-2014 calendar. Why ;)?

If I search for calendar 2019 I get in powerpoint hits for a 2013-2014 calendar. Why ;)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Creating Smartart with Zooms to slides

Recommend adding more storytelling/variety to zooms using smartart type of interface. I have been doing this manually in a lot of my presentations (3 stage progressions, lifecycles, etc.) that use zooms instead of shapes and pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creating Smartart with Zooms to slides

Recommend adding more storytelling/variety to zooms using smartart type of interface. I have been doing this manually in a lot of my presentations (3 stage progressions, lifecycles, etc.) that use zooms instead of shapes and pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hard Edged wipe

WHO WAS THE MORON THAT CHANGED THIS TO SOFT EDGE??? HOPE THEY WERE FIRED. FIX THIS ASAP!!!! EITHER MARK IT BACK TO HARD EDGE OR OFFER OPTION FOR BOTH. THE SOFT EDGE IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU DID WITH PPT!!! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG THAT WE HAVE WAITED FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO US DESIGNERS...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring the "Add from Files" Feature from Word into PowerPoint

I love the "Add from Files" feature in Word for Office 365, but I find I typically need to do that action in presentations more than Word documents. It would be fantastic if that same functionality came to PowerPoint so users could easily import content such as recently created Excel charts and tables into a presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize Embedded Object - Alt buton to snap to round percentage

To help consistently resize embedded objects, it would be nice if when the user uses the mouse to drag a resize handle with the Alt button pressed to have the resize increment be a round value (e.g. 10% points), so that the resized obejct moves from 100% to 110% then 120% etc. in round increments. This way, we have more control to make the sizing of embedded objects consistent across slides without going through the context menu "Format Object".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Resize embedded objects - Display Size

When resizing an embedded object using the size handles and the mouse, there is no display of the size that I can see (size in % original size or in physical size, say cm).
    It would be nice when we resize one that way to have a hint displayed next to the handle being dragged that says "Size: ... x ... cm (... x ...%)." or something like this.

This would be useful if we want to make all embedded objects consistent and increase their size consistently to 150% of the original size without having to go through the context…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Important Fonts missing in powerpoint like Helvetica and Sans Serif

Important Fonts missing in powerpoint like Helvetica and Sans Serif

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for hyperlink in notes section of powerpoint

I would like to insert a hyperlink in the notes section of PowerPoint so that I do not have to paste a long link that takes up space and reduces readability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Issue with Powerpoint being unable to play video all of a sudden. Say's it is missing a Codec.

I can no longer view a video that i is in a Powerpoint that my computer (Dell XPS) was able to view for the last year. All of a sudden, it say's i am missing a Codec. I can play it on my wife's Surface Pro, but it will not play on mine, and i cannot add it as a new slide either. Is there a place to go to download 3rd party Codecs for Powerpoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. esto es una puta mierda por culpa de esta mierda voy a reprobar un examen

esto es una puta mierda por culpa de esta mierda voy a reprobar un examen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I see you can add Ink Replay as an animation, but it still does not play the inking. It just makes inking appear. Not good.

While I do like the Ink Replay as an animation idea, it doesn't actually show the inking being written or drawn in presentation mode. It needs to do that to be useful. Also, speed control.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After copying a plot to PPT, change the divisions in the ruler to match the divisions in the plot.

After copying a plot with the Snipping tool to PPT, change the rules scale to align with the scale of the plot. This would be like adding subdivisions on the plot to the units on the plot axis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export to pdf resolution

Is there any reason why changing the resolution of a pdf export is not an option in the application itself, but rather in regedit?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/powerpoint/change-export-slide-resolution

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft PowerPoint presenter view does NOT show the CURRENT slide but only the next one

Microsoft PowerPoint "View - Presenter View" does NOT show the CURRENT slide, but only the next one (which shows as a tiny window on the large iMac 27-inch 5K Retina mid 2017 display). This bug did not show with previous versions, like 16.28.0 (19081202) and previous ones. Much older versions like PowerPoint 2011 version 14.7.7 (170905) work also fine.

Sytem: PowerPoint 2019 version 16.30.0 (19101301) on macOS 10.12.6 (16G2136) Sierra.

BTW, I cannot update macOS until apple releases documentation for Alsoft to release DiskWarrior 6 to rebuild the directory of APFS disks (safety net):

DiskWarrior 5.2 & Apple File System (APFS)
    What's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed audio from outside source

I would appreciate the ability to record audio for my presentation in an outside source, such as Audacity for higher quality recording, save the audio file in a higher quality format, and then embed it into the power point. Currently it is impossible to embed a file. You are able to attach a file but it must be located physically on the same device as the power point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base