PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. accent button

how do I put an accent in??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock an image or background image in place

Let me right click any object and lock it in place to avoid selection, movement and changes of any kind.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reload non-looping animated gifs

When I flip to a slide with a non-looping gif, it will play once. If I go back in the slideshow and then go forward again, the gif stays on the final frame. Could there be a way to replay the image when I leave it and come back in a presentation?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. default options for audio (hidden icon) and for transitiona (automatic)

in PowerPoint I would like all the audio that I record in each slide to have the same characteristics (1) the icon is hidden during the presentation (2) the transition of the slide is automatic every time the audio ends; I can do it every single slide but I wish they were chosen by default and I wasn't forced to do all those steps on each slide; it's possible? thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy and pasting Text Box

When copying and pasting a Text Box, have it pasted in the desired cursor location

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove forced fade-in upon audio recording

Currently when recording audio there is a hidden fade-in applied independently of the fade-in playback setting.

I regard this as a bug but the moderators in this answers thread seem to think it's a feature somehow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msowin10-mso_2019/powerpoint-need-zero-fade-in-on-audio/5c214e6b-c4bd-4b52-ae9b-fddafd291afc

Anyway it is clear that only one fade-in effect is needed and that it should apply firmly on the playback side of things only, so it is not destructive to the recorded audio data.

The hard coded invisible effect is maximally counter intuitive and should therefore be removed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Speed function for narrated slide show

The good thing about COVID is that we could sit on our comfy bed and won't need to worry to go to school. The bad thing is all the professors are still alive and they †alk slowly with narrated PowerPoint.
    It would be a great idea that PowerPoint would have a button, like those in the video players, for a 2x playback speed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link text to other text boxes

Would be great to be able to link presentation title to appear auto in my footer, and also sections... so that I can have my presentation title and section appear in the footer... <title> or <section> similar to <#>

I don't want users touching the master slides to update this, and would rather have this function as an automatic hyperlink or this like where it is coded into PPT... so when user creates a Section name, and slides in that section will read that name into <section> in a text box. Same with <Title> or <MainTitle> and have the ability…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GRABAR VIDEO DE POWERPOINT

Acabo de adquirir 365 que me permite grabar videos de powerpoint. Soy profesor y todos mis cursos están en Powerpoint y lo que se suele usar (muchos colegas lo hacen) es tener un archivo de "temario" y a partir de allí, mediante hipervínculos se va a los diferentes temas a desarrollar incluso también a sub temas. De esa forma los archivos abiertos son pocos y de tamaño mínimo. Si se tuviese que poner todo en UN SOLO ARCHIVO, el tamaño del mismo sería muy muy grande y pondría muy lenta la máquina y sus animacioness. El problema que se plantea…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add the option to share JUST the slide show with anonymous users so the show runs as soon as they click the link.

I love having the ability to share slide shows and prevent users from downloading. However, I am quite saddened by the fact that there is no way to just share the presentation itself rather than require that users (1) click the link; (2) click Run from Beginning.

With the new Morph feature, presenters can create all kinds of PowerPoint magic, and it would be nice if we can share without letting consumers see the slides used to create that experience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A subtle zoom and pan feature to give your still photos more life

A way to add a subtle zoom or pan across a slide to give pictures more life instead of looking stationary between slides. This will mainly be used for creating slideshows with minimal text over the photos. It is an effective yet simple way to keep a picture on screen for longer without the picture looking stiff. It also can be used as a continuation of the slight motion used in some transitions like the reveal slide which already uses this zoom and pan effectively. The time between transitions is where a zoom or pan across a photo would keep…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The cursor "Visible" setting keeps getting reset to "Automatic" during the presentation. The audio progress bar disappears because of this.

Please make the option to keep the mouse cursor visible and permanent for the entire presentation. When I play an audio (and possibly for other actions), the Visible setting is reset back to Automatic. I think this will fix another problem which is that the audio progress bar disappears after 3 seconds. When the cursor setting is Visible, please retain the progress bar for the audio that is playing. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need track changes (like Word) for PowerPoint

Need track changes (like Word) for PowerPoint

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find and Replace Color

It would be great if there was a tool similar to the find and replace font tool, but instead for colors in the presentation. Choose one color in the presentation and replace all occurrences with a different color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to add a voice over for a self running PowerPoint presentation where the voice reading can be customized for technical terms

I want to add a voice over for a self running PowerPoint presentation where the voice reading can be customized for technical terms and read a subset of the slide with an animated voice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reducing the size of the presenter view when you are showing a presentation on a second display would be very helpful.

Reducing the size of the presenter view on screen 1 when you are showing a presentation on a second display would be very helpful. Many times there may be 2 or more PowerPoint slide decks that need to be presented to an online zoom, GoToMeeting, or Webex. Currently if you have 2 or more presentations queued up on screen 1 to demo or present online on screen 2, each time you go to present on screen 2 (the online audience) your main screen where the presenter view is showing goes full screen. That is not good. We need to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use side mouse buttons to navigate slides

Many mice now have 2 buttons on the side. It would be really useful if you could use these buttons go forward/back a slide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base