PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Add "On Mouse Over of" option to Trigger in the Animations tab

I would like an option to the Trigger feature in the Animations tab so animation(s) can be executed when the mouse cursor is on a object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Lock option to powerpoint that will lock slides so that the viewer cannot go back and forth between slides without using links

Enable a feature that will allow the creator to lock slides so that a viewer cannot move between slides without using links on the slide. Ideal for teachers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow pointer to show on recorded lecture

I have to record lectures, and when I do, the laser pointer doesn’t show up on playback. I don’t understand why this isn’t available for recorded lectures

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make notes bigger while recording

The notes view is to narrow and small while recording. Please make it bigger, or at least give som options about size.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share a PowerPoint link and auto-launch in presentation mode

It would be great to share a PowerPoint link and have the presentation auto-launch in presentation mode when the user clicks on the link.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I like if we can put our background designs into themes

If we can put our backround/wallpaper design ideas to the themes. There will be more and creative designs too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. możliwosc dodawania muzyki do prezentacj

nie moge dodac muzyki w tle do prezentacji

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make a video's background removable as in pictures we can remove background.

I searched while I inserted a video and to remove it's background but I couldn't. So please do enable this option please. It will be a help for the ppt makers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make a video's background removable as in pictures we can remove background.

I searched while I inserted a video and to remove it's background but I couldn't. So please do enable this option please. It will be a help for the ppt makers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using the Pen Features in Individual Window Mode

As remote teaching seems to be here to stay for a while, it is becoming increasingly important to be able to open a powerpoint presentation in an individual window that can be shared in a learning platform (like Blackboard) without having powerpoint take over the whole screen, so that the teacher can still monitor student chat. It is ALSO VITAL to be able to write on the slides, but the pen feature is currently not available in the individual window presentation mode. Is there some way to fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. put in more stuff for the help function

we need more than 5 things in the help bar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resize multiple line objects by dragging

When I select multiple objects (using Ctrl or Shift), the click'n'drag resize behavior changes depending on the type of object. For example, multiple rectangles or boxes can be resized by clicking and dragging the handlebars. But multiple lines cannot. I like to think there's another UX type reason but I dont know what it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the ruler zero should be adjustable

the ruler zero should be adjustable. This would allow you to scale a drawing, and adjust the reference zero. Just make it a slider -- not that hard...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Custom Gallery

I will generally use the same five shapes and animations in all presentations, and would like these to be available in a custom gallery dropdown, so I spend less time searching for the shape in the large list of shapes. This would make it possible to create a "Lines" gallery, a "Simple Flowchart" gallery, and so on. Right-clicking a shape, transition or animation could include options "Add to CustomGalleryName Gallery" or "Add to New Custom Gallery..." in the context menu.

This idea complements the two existing suggestions on "Custom company icon/shape/image/clipart/content library" and, to a degree, "Slide Library Management".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let elbow connectors be straight

Shape positions may change after connecting them with an elbow connect. If these shapes are perfectly aligned, i.e. a straight line would be rotated by either 0 or 90 degrees, the elbow connector will have a slight dip in the middle. Please let these connectors align to be straight. The problem is particularly annoying when using the Morph transition and shapes will end up aligned, so the connector cannot simply be replaced by a straight line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quick Access Toolbar icons arrangement options center align

In Default the icons are arranged in Left hand side. But working on a document or a slide it is quite annoying to look at the very end of bar. So aligning the toolbar icons to center would be great for the accessibility

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. transparent backgrounds (with 100 % transparency)without any color in powerpoint.

can we have an additional option of transparent backgrounds(with 100 % transparency) in powerpoint. this effect will be very usefull in educational content development. and this will unlock new field of developments and usages of microsoft powerpoint in education sector and filming , video recording.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. An embedded video (e.g. Stream URL) does not play unless PowerPoint run as Administrator

Allow a non-admin user to play a URL embedded video in a PowerPoint presentation.

If I am running PowerPoint as a non-admin account (a standard account) and if it has an embedded URL video (e.g. a Stream video or a YouTube video), when I attempt to play the video (in either authoring or presenting mode) I get "VIDEO ERROR This video could not be started. Close this dialog to ignore the problem or click Restart to try again".

Only if I open PowerPoint as an administrator can I work around this problem, but most users don't have the ability to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Caneta em apresentação

Seria muito bom se houvesse a opção de mudar a espessura da caneta durante a apresentação do Power Point. Na verdade, as configurações de utilização da caneta durante a apresentação são muito limitadas.

Deveríamos ter mais liberdade para configurar a caneta durante a apresentação.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Imagem alta qualidade em "Todos os novos documentos"

A opção para definir a resolução padrão de "Alta fidelidade" para todos os novos documentos cirados no Power Point não existe e está disponível apenas no Word. Como preparo muitos slides e uso o zoom durante a apresentação, a cada novo documento que crio tenho que ir nas configurações e definir o padrão para alta fidelidade, caso contrário, a qualidade das imagens caem muito.

Seria interessante que pudesse fixar essa opção para todos os documentos futuros, como podemos fazer no Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base