PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please, PLEASE fix Snap to Grid. It hasn't worked correctly in decades.

Snap to grid is buggy. There are "phantom" grid points that make it possible to drop objects or sides/corners of objects between grid points, making the grid feature useless.

After many years you finally fixed the longstanding roundoff-error bug that put grid points at the edges of slides in the wrong place, but now have introduced an even worse one. It's depressing that a function this basic and important won't get fixed unless dozens of people vote for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Live" Shapes in Presentation Mode

The ability to sort or categorize shapes/objects within an active presentation would be extremely valuable for teachers when making interactive games in PPT because sorting involves specific early learning skills that cannot be substituted with other animations or actions.

There are multiple issues with the imperfect workaround of having students drag and drop shapes/objects within the working PPT - such as the inability to have audio or animations complement the learning activity and, of course, the fact that the shapes are inadvertently deleted or resized frequently.

This would have MANY educational applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easing across ALL animation. Not just the speed but the type of easing.

The timing speed controls on SOME animation is poor. The fact that some animation has NO easing is pretty unforgivable.

I would like to see the ability to choose the speed and type of ease based on Easing curves that are pretty standard in almost any type of software that uses motion. https://easings.net/en

Without this, there are still LOTS of transitions and animations which I just don't use as they look so 'PowerPoint'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. spell check

Automatically run options "Spell Check" before saving a file like mandatory options
    I know "F7" is the shortcut.
    However, it would be great if there is any function
    Even though "Check spelling as you type" and "Check grammar with spelling" is set up (checked) in proofing,
    sometime, office misses miss-spelled words and wrong grammar.
    Therefore, users must run "Spell Check."
    That's why I am asking the way.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return to Zoom - Point of Return

I have found that if you have animations in a slide (say a simple "appear by 1st para" animation for several bullet points) and you have a zoom slide say after the third animation, with the "Return to Zoom: box ticked, ppt returns to h top of the animations in the slide (not to the third bullet point where the zoom occurred from). It would be very useful if the return can be to the excat point where the zoom occured from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Suggested Templates

Under "New", "Suggestions" - When we select a theme or design, please display all the slides that are included with the template, before we click on "create", so we can see what we have to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Looking to a way to edit data links in Power Point

I am working in power point and excel and have linked Excel data field row 1 to power point slide 1, upon duplicating the slide the fields stay the same, I should be able to go in the links and edits which row of data I want to pull. example slide 1 pulls from row 1, after duplicating, I should beable to go to slide 2 and pull from to row 2 then slide 3 and pull from row 3 in excel. As is stands right now I have to go to each slide and copy and paste which data…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. further development of the "Office Remote" app (or at least a "PowerPoint remote app)

There is currently no better solution to control a PowerPoint presentation remotely using an Android smartphone via bluetooth like "Office Remote", so please continue to develop the "Office Remote function for Android and IOS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Embed videos from internal hosted video streaming platform

As a university we have our own video streaming platform hosting teaching content, it is becoming vital to be able to embed content from these types of systems. Especially where YouTube, Vimeo and MS Stream are not suitable for this type of content. Systems used in universities are: Brightcove, Dacast, Echo360, Kaltura, Medial etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design Ideas to leverage corporate visual identity assets

Design Ideas works much better than I dared hope but to be truly useful in a corporate setting it's missing a couple of productivity enhancing features:

Like many companies we have an official corporate visual identity which includes a slide master, which the Design Ideas feature duly stays within. But we also have official icons, photos and colours. Right now Design Ideas picks icons which we have to replace to stay on brand and the same goes for the colours.

An easy way to achieve this would be to allow the feature to be pointed at a small canon of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. isis can go

y isis my man

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lock shape or text in the slide, to stop by mistake moving.

the selection in the ppt is smart, but sometimes we move things not like to move it, so i suggest to add option in the drawing tools can make a shape or text box locked to move

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. i love you

i love you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Screen recording continually gives the error message "an error occurred with screen recording. please try again"

Screen recording continually gives the error message "an error occurred with screen recording. please try again." I have tried every troubleshooting step imaginable and even had a microsoft tech remote into my computer for two hours with no help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notes Panel should be at right or allow to change position

There is no reason to keep "Notes Panel" at slide bottom, nowdays almost everyone has a wide screen, the current position is uncomfortable for editing.
    This panel should be at right or allow to change position.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Power Point notes section adding color

Please add the feature where I can change font color in power point notes section. Adding the ability to change background color for words would be great as well. I've been using PP for years hoping each year that a new version is out this will be added only to be disappointed. Please, Please, Please!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am looking for the 2020 PPT illustrated seasonal calendar. It is November already and can not believe it is not available yet.

I am looking for the 2020 PPT illustrated seasonal calendar. It is November already and can not believe it is not available yet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base