PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. More options for saving movies, like 60 FPS

I wanted to export my presentation as a movie and I had different issues:
    1) it was just exporting in 30 FPS
    2) there was no clear indication that I can keep the timings as I had them in the presentation
    3) I searched online and found a macro script for exporting the video in 62.5 FPS ( which creates stuttering videos when played on 60 fps screens)
    In addition, I have issues with the sound. Audios playing over multiple slides get abruptly louder when the slide changes.

Please solve these issues, we are in 2021 and working with video…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apply Artistic Effects, Corrections or Transparency to multiple images at once

Because seriously, why can't I select multiple images and then do this? Really slows down my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To enable me to use the record camera facility when recording PPT presentations and to be able to pre-set that to a particular position

1 Allow me to set the camera position in the PPT recording function to a position I choose, not the bottom left corner by default,
    2 but to do so in the MasterSlide settings, so I don't have to do it for each slide
    3 and allow me to change the size - from square to rectangular
    4 So I can look as if I'm in the presentaiotn, like a greenscreened person in a video
    5 allow me to set the camera image to soft edges - as we can do with images - so it does not look so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For a recorded slides show with video, be able to apply video thumb nail size/position changes to all slides. Or change the default size.

When recording a slide show with video, be able to either adjust the default video thumbnail size and position prior to recording, or, apply a video thumbnail size and position change to all slides at once. Right now I have to make the same change for each slide one at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The show / hide nonprinting characters button is very much needed

A show / hide nonprinting button similar to the one in Word is badly needed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multiple Notes Views

I turn my slide decks into handouts by adding text against each slide in the Notes view and then 'printing' out as a PDF. This text is different to the text I need in front of me in Presenter View. Could we have a tabbed Notes view - one tab for Presenter Notes and one tab for Handout Notes, and then have the ability to print out one or the other in the print dialog? At the moment I have to have two versions of a Presentation - one for presenting and one for creating a handout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. pen size

i would appreciate if pen size can change in presentation view and there must be some key boardshort cuts available to change pene color

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unfair microsoft 365 software..unrealiable..all of sudden reuse pane not working..tried all gymmick.. having paid subscription I am at loss

Unfair Microsoft 365 software..unreliable..all of the sudden reuse pane not working..tried all gimmicks.. having paid subscription I am at a loss

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make A Way for People to Work Together on PowerPoint in Real Time without having to be in a call.

You should make it so that when you share a PowerPoint with someone and let them edit, you see their edits on your laptop in real time, instead of having to be on the same laptop/be on a call with their screen shared in order for it to be able to be everyone's edits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make A Way for People to Work Together on PowerPoint in Real Time without having to be in a call.

You should make it so that when you share a PowerPoint with someone and let them edit, you see their edits on your laptop in real time, instead of having to be on the same laptop/be on a call with their screen shared in order for it to be able to be everyone's edits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make pens tip as a dot while writing in draw section and allow it curser effect in Camtasia editing

Please provide a rounder (Compass) to draw a circle from given point as center and given radius in Draw<stencil section.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Slide File Size

I work for the US Federal Government and every office I have worked for uses email a lot. Large powerpoint presentations eat up file space faster than any other program or attachment. We seriously need an easy way to quickly identify which slides are taking up the most space. I have found a macro that will do this, but basic level users are confused by anything that takes more than 2 clicks to find. There needs to be a button or viewer somewhere that will show slide size with zero effort.

Please and thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. lock the slide when working on it so it doesn't switch to the next one

right now when I am working on a slide and I am zooming into it, when I have to be precise and edit things near the top or bottom edge of the slide, when I reach the edge of the slide, it often go to the next slide.

SUPER ANNOYING.

we need an icon where we can click on it and lock the slide, so we can work on that slide without being taken to another slide by mistake.

also like I wrote in another "idea", we need a better pan/navigation within the slide, like photoshop has (spacebar+click to move…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the stock videos and design ideas

Stock videos are a very useful feature. Please implement it in office 2019 also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability's to add graph or table too notes section

Allow user to add table or chart to notes - handy for having answer to review question in a organized fashion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I cannot add a slide from another presentation in powerpoint error " Sorry, Tap is not available in your region. It will come shortly "

correct problem so I can enter and reuse a slide from another presentation in powerpoint for windows 10 professional version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WebVTT captions not appearing in video after exporting PowerPoint to .mp4

WebVTT captions not appearing in video after exporting PowerPoint to .mp4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base