PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Remember fonts used even after shut down

Save fonts regularly used when PC is shut down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep Sideboxes 'Sticky' from Slide to Slide

I find myself collating lots of others' presentations into one cohesive-looking whole, which means I have to adjust the positions of a lot of text boxes, pictures, etc., from slide to slide.

I right-click on an object, select "Size and Position", and the "FORMAT SHAPE" task pane appears on my right. I make the adjustment on my object, and go to the next slide.

The Format Shape task pane is still there, but it's reverted back to the "Fill" menu. So I have to click "Size and Properties" again, and frequently have to click the dropdown again.

It seems to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 'Present' to Skype/Teams/Zoom

When running a teleconference, it would be great if I could share my presentation in presenter view - treating the Web like an external projector. I know with Zoom I can select which window gets shared, but it's not foolproof.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support Lottie JSON files for animated images

Lottie files (aka Bodymovin') is getting a lot of traction lately: https://lottiefiles.com/ and I would love to be able to import Lottie files into PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add presenter tools to presenter setting "Browsed by individual"

When setting up a presentation as "Browsed by Individual" - the presentation window does not provide any presenter tools such as highlighting, laser pointer etc." however, these tools would be very helpful when presenting in windowed mode instead of pointing, also if this is not a full screen presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My sugestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the hole text not for one paragraf

My suggestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the whole text not for one paragraph

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NO INTERNET MEANS I CANNOT USE OFFICE 365. I OFTEN WORK AWAY FROM THE INTERNET

I opened a powerpoint file when not connected to the internet. I got the message that it could not verify my office 365 account and so reduced my features. I AM OFTEN NOT NEAR INTERNET. I NEED TO USE ALL FEATURES. How do I overcome this serious problem? The internet is not available where I often work. THIS IS SERIOUS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Presenter screen available as one of the view options

The presenter screen is awesome especially when you use notes as a script but sometimes it would be nice to have the presenter screen on one screen and be able to work LIVE in the second screen (for example when teaching someone how to use a specific program). It would be amazing if the presenter screen was actually an option under the View ribbon so you can use it this way instead of running the show.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need track changes (like Word) for PowerPoint

Need track changes (like Word) for PowerPoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use font style like in Word (Heading 1, Title, quote etc.)

Use font style like in Word (Heading 1, Title, quote) to easily change formatting in whole presentation. Right now formatting options are very limited and changing fonts, color, size in Master slides doesn't affect all desired text fields most of the time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let me use webcam footage of myself with a greenscreen in front of the presented slides

Use a feature of allowing me to replace the background on my webcam with the slide presentation view from PowerPoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To group slides in slide sorter and navigate them with parent slide. And to enable a lock system that locks particular element in a slide

Hi Team,

I am a design professional working with Microsoft Powerpoint in reputed firm for more than 5 years now.
    This software has helped me learn desiging and story telling through slides.
    This email is regarding some suggestions I would like to see in Powerpoint.
    In slide sorter view, if we could select certain slides and be able to group them with a parent slide/every slide may act as a member where we could move them around freely. Creating section might do but often we need to navigate slides from here and there to a certain place.
    In the slide,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Next Slide in Presenter View can be placed below the Current Slide so that Notes Area will be bigger.

I need a bigger Notes Area so I can use bigger fonts in the Notes Area. As such I can read them from about 1-1.5 meter and I won't frequently need to reach out to the laptop to scroll down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. set language presentation

Spelling language in PowerPoint should always follow the language selected by Windows. Using Windows key + Space I can change language easily. OneNote does this in an excellent way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Combine the Subtitles with Record Slideshow Video's for Playback

When using the Record Slideshow tool and having your camera record you talking over each slide(s), it would be amazing if the Subtitles feature found in the Slideshow ribbon, automatically captured the captions and provided them during playback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Create an animated GIF" option in File > Export in Office 365 ProPlus version

"Create an animated GIF" option in File > Export should also be there in Office 365 ProPlus version. Any chance we can see that soon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show Notes with the Record Slide Show feature

Currently, when using the Record Slide Show feature in the Slide Show tab of PowerPoint, there's no way to show the presenter Notes. Please add the option to show presenter Notes when Recording a Slide Show. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the option to publish a slide by selected the the slide

sometimes i just want to send one slide from the deck. i would like to select it and save it separately (publish it) for sending.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base