PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Add "bird's eye view" for zoomed-in in-slide navigation (highlight currently visible area on slide thumbnail))

The "birds eye view" and the "Navigator panel" are commonly used in many image editing applications, e.g. https://youtu.be/Hb2iopWR9ZQ?t=59 . PowerPoint already provides a slide thumbnail (the only difference is that it shows thumbnails for multiple slides simultaneously) in the "Normal view" layout.

As a PowerPoint user, I commonly zoom in 400%, and sometimes, I feel a bit confused about where I am. It would be great if PowerPoint would show my current view box on the slide thumbnail. Ideally, it should also allow to drag it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to resize text and shape simultaneously

In many cases, I'd like the font size to change simultaneously with the shape size. That is, if a have a 2x2cm square with 14pt text in it, I'd like to resize both to 1x1 and 7pt, just like if it was a raster image. It might be a good idea to add a checkbox somewhere inside the "shape settings" that would trigger such a resizing behavior.

The "Scale text simultaneously with images in PowerPoint" is a quite popular user request ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/scale-text-simultaneously-with-images-in/af9f9437-f77d-4c40-8f7f-9d8e43196155 ), I'm surprised I cannot find anything like that on uservoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back timeout in kiosk mode

At one time, PowerPoint did something quite useful for kiosk applications:

If nobody touched the keyboard/mouse/whatever for XX seconds, the presentation would automatically hop back to the first slide.
    In other words, it'd automatically reset itself for the next person who viewed the kiosk.
    I don't remember when this disappeared, but it'd sure be a useful thing to bring back.

How about an option in the Slideshow setup dialog:

Reset after: [textbox] seconds

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unfair microsoft 365 software..unrealiable..all of sudden reuse pane not working..tried all gymmick.. having paid subscription I am at loss

Unfair Microsoft 365 software..unreliable..all of the sudden reuse pane not working..tried all gimmicks.. having paid subscription I am at a loss

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. VBA insertfromfile to maintain formatting

When using InsertFromFile if the source has a different theme then formatting (backgrounds, fonts, colors etc) often get 'left behind' which makes for some ugly results.

Would be nice to extend the function to allow it to bring the source formatting along with it (either automatically bringing across a master slide, or making element formatting explicit in the destination)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable annotation in "Browsed by an Individual" Presentation Mode

As a user in online meetings all day with a single 49" monitor, I need to use "Browsed by an Individual" presentation mode frequently to ensure participant's view of my presentation is optimized, but I also need the annotation tools in PPT to be active in this mode, since it is not really being viewed by an individual.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio and Webcam recording uncompressed

Please make a small. Interface that allows me to take control of the audio and video quality if I use Powerpoint for Recording both. The Webcam input iss compressed to 480p and the audio quality is low too. Since covid 19 content production got very important, the lack of sound quality control is a real barrier. Powerpoint compresses these inputs for file-size reasons, please give advanced users the chance to produce hq content tho.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A button to turn all text in a presentation into a vector shape or image

As embedding fonts is temperamental (e.g. doesn't usually work on Macs, some fonts don't allow embedding etc.), when you're using a custom font it would be great to be able to press a button and turn all of the text in the presentation to vector shape (ideally) or an image.

This way you can save out a version with editable text if you want to make edits in the future, but you can easily have a version ready to send to anyone in the knowledge that they will see the fonts as you see them.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pen tray when presenting

Have the option to set up a pen tray (similar to that in MS whiteboard) to be available quickly during presentations. Currently changing pen colours during a presentation is a bit of a chore and interrupts flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Line wipe animation

If I want to see a line draw at a constant rate, and it has any kind of bend, such a U-shaped curve, I want to see the line draw NOT from "top to bottom" or "left to right" or something like that, but from "beginning to end". So I would like a "line wipe" animation that would draw a "U"-shape by starting, say, at the top right corner, moving down, around the curve at the bottom, and then moving up to the top right of the U (and the options would have "end to beginning" as well; maybe "middle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Segment orientation

I should be able, in edit points, to specify a segment is vertical or horizontal, or perhaps oriented 45 degrees, although I never need that. But trying to keep a complex line horizontal and vertical is an annoying problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit points segment

Once I say a segment is a straight segment, or a curved segment, the only way that segment can change is if I change it to a curved segment or straight segment. Moving a point shall not, not once, not ever, cause a segment to change shape once I have chosen its type. In particular, the annoying habit of changing a straight segment to a curved segment is UNACCEPTABLE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More modern and wide color palettes

The color palette feels like something from the late 80s still.
    Can we get a more modern color picker system with custom, saveable color palettes with WAY more color choices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import, copy and paste CUSTOM motion paths

The ability to create motion paths in another software package and then paste it into PowerPoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want a button bar

In pre-ribbon PowerPoint, I had a bar of buttons that had all my favorite actions visible all the time. I could accomplish something with one mouse click. Now I have to find the right ribbon, click on the right menu item, go down two levels into menus, to find what I want to do. This is not progress! You have made my job intolerably more difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Naming animation steps

There was a version of PowerPoint where I could rename the animations. "Group 38" means nothing to me. It is a useless designation. "1.5ms wave" means something. I should be able to name every animation event with my own name. "Line 22" means nothing. "Arrow to page frame" means something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Playing animations in animation panel II

In playing animations in the animation panel, a "single step" mode is essential. I don't care if it is "start after" or "start with"; if I want to single-step, then it should play example one step of the animation, period.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You can add a search bar in Smartart

So if you add a search bar it will be easy for people to search on SmartArt

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable Writing Style options

In Word you can go to Options > Proofing > and change Writing Style from "Grammar & Refinements" to just "Grammar." However, this option is not available in PowerPoint, so it's not possible to turn off those suggestions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. readability statistics

Add readability statistics like the ones found in word to the Powerpoint functionality

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base