PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Animation Ribbon CUstomize Which shows up

Please allow me to put the most used animation in front on the ribbon. I use too many clicks every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to design projects for clients in Microsoft PowerPoint Experts website

I use PowerPoint for all sorts of works of my own. From making presentations of contests to promotional videos. I think I have the capability to meet the clients need. I like to work with and without templates and insert images and gifs to make it colorful and attractive. I love to insert simple animations to make presentations trendy yet formal and also add the necessary transitions so, the client does not need to click multiple times to change slides and can give confident speech.
    I would really look forward for your reply.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stock Video inserts

This MS feature was available but no longer - this option had a tremendous value in terms of time saved looking externally for stock video and the quality was high... please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. edit shape points as object moves along motion path time line

ability to scrub along a motion path with the shape and edit its points as it moves along the motion path, like a shape adjustment as it moves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. temp hide of animation element

would like to temporarily disable or hide an animation element in the animation time line (instead of removing it), to test the result. so hide/unhide animation elements. Also please add more effects, like wobble, bounce on the spot, bend stretch, with varying intensities or strengths of these in the parameters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tôi không thể bật được chức năng Design idea trong PP

Tôi không thể bật được chức năng Design idea trong PP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. reinstate the ability to save PPT's to HTML format

I develop and deliver training solutions to students who often can not access anything other than the web. I do not want to convert my presentations to PDF as this loses operability and converting to HTML on a page by page basis via Word removes the links I rely upon so please reinstate HTML saving into later versions of PPT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it so that you can just play a video within powerpoint

Example: I get to the last slide and it has video link. instead Powerpoint could find the video then play the video when you click a play button

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. presenter view 2016 has a single preview of the next slide. I would like to be able to see all the slides down the bottom like 2010

Bring back presenter view as in Powerpoint 2010. I use 2010 at Church, seeing more than the next slide allows me to see what the minister is going to say next and preview several upcoming slides so when he jumps ahead, I am not lost. 2010 powerpoint presenter allows me to use the bottom slider to go through all slides when I need it to go back or forward as needed in the presentation without jumping to the all slides screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When exporting slides to an image format that supports transparency, create an option to set slide backgrounds to transparent.

I frequently use PowerPoint slides as overlays onto other media, and it's annoying that even when I export the slides as pictures, it includes the white background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Parallel display of on-screen presentation and speaker view on a large monitor for use in video presentations (for non-team sessions).

Good day,

I use PowerPoint several times a week during lectures and trainings on Teams, Zoom, Bluejeans and some more.

Until now I had two 24" monitors on my PC, since 4 weeks I have a big one with 49".

So far it worked very well with two monitors: on the first one I had the presentation, on the second one my important speaker view; I shared the first monitor in the video conference - perfect.

But with a large monitor this does not work (in teams conditionally, see https://bit.ly/3u5kF8n), in all other programs unfortunately not.

So it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Publish PowerPoint presentations

Allow publishing of ppt presentations so they can be accessed remotely without the presenter, like at a conference booth but online. I think this used to be possible with Office Mix but that is discontinued. This is an easy way to create a ppt website and would allow the creation of interactive audio, video or timed text presentations that can be linked to from a URL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change default slide layout so that the title slide isnt there every time

It's super annoying how I have to change title slide every single time I open powerpoint. I want the ability to create my own default slide layout every time. It's such a pain how the default title slide is imposed upon you as if it thinks it knows better, without any option to change it. It wouldn't be that much to ask, under the dropdown menu for Layouts in Storyboarding, just let people rearrange the tiles of the slide layout and the first one is the "default". That would be the most intelligent way to do it. At the very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved search and repace for PowerPoint

In PowerPoint, could you please provide more search/replace capabilities. Similar to Excel could search and replace be restricted to selected slides, text boxes, etc. It's almost unusable as it exists because the replace is universal and most times I need to only replace a selection. Thanks you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improvement of SPEAK funtion in PowerPoint

SPEAK has been around for a long time but it's not that practical. You must select each text box in the Normal Presentation View and press SPEAK.

Given that many of us are now doing virtual presentations, not all microphones, accents and vocies are equal - and we need to think about accessibilty options. I've had clients with speech problems and so listening to online presentations with poor mics and speech issues makes it impossilbe for them to be heard properly.

Can we improve the SPEAK funtion to read from the PRESENATION SLIDESHOW in full - additional options (gender voices)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enhance Reuse Slides for PowerPoint 365

The Reuse Slides feature is really useful in light of its integration with OneDrive and SharePoint for 365, but the lack of the following features is incredibly frustrating and renders it rather unhelpful:

1. Select All Slides

2. Select Slides in a Section

3. Select Multiple Slides

Would love to see these features incorporated.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add powerpoint inside a powerpoint as an attachment

In the current version of Microsoft Office Powerpoint, users has the ability to add hyperlink to attachment; but the downside of this was when it was transfer to another laptop, the hyperlinks will become useless because the files are imbedded in the original source of the file.

I want to have an option to use hyperlinks and to save the actual files in the main powerpoint; just like when you add a video in the ppt, it will save in the actual file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Color emojis in PDFs!

Hi,

If I save my ppt's to pdf, emoji's loose their color and become black-and-white. Many users seem to have this issue.

It's really annoying. I send these ppts to my customers and I need them to look as intended!

BTW: mac version does not seem to have this issue.

Best regards,
    Michael

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base