PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Make a video's background removable as in pictures we can remove background.

I searched while I inserted a video and to remove it's background but I couldn't. So please do enable this option please. It will be a help for the ppt makers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. put in more stuff for the help function

we need more than 5 things in the help bar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Resize multiple line objects by dragging

When I select multiple objects (using Ctrl or Shift), the click'n'drag resize behavior changes depending on the type of object. For example, multiple rectangles or boxes can be resized by clicking and dragging the handlebars. But multiple lines cannot. I like to think there's another UX type reason but I dont know what it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. the ruler zero should be adjustable

the ruler zero should be adjustable. This would allow you to scale a drawing, and adjust the reference zero. Just make it a slider -- not that hard...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create Custom Gallery

I will generally use the same five shapes and animations in all presentations, and would like these to be available in a custom gallery dropdown, so I spend less time searching for the shape in the large list of shapes. This would make it possible to create a "Lines" gallery, a "Simple Flowchart" gallery, and so on. Right-clicking a shape, transition or animation could include options "Add to CustomGalleryName Gallery" or "Add to New Custom Gallery..." in the context menu.

This idea complements the two existing suggestions on "Custom company icon/shape/image/clipart/content library" and, to a degree, "Slide Library Management".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let elbow connectors be straight

Shape positions may change after connecting them with an elbow connect. If these shapes are perfectly aligned, i.e. a straight line would be rotated by either 0 or 90 degrees, the elbow connector will have a slight dip in the middle. Please let these connectors align to be straight. The problem is particularly annoying when using the Morph transition and shapes will end up aligned, so the connector cannot simply be replaced by a straight line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quick Access Toolbar icons arrangement options center align

In Default the icons are arranged in Left hand side. But working on a document or a slide it is quite annoying to look at the very end of bar. So aligning the toolbar icons to center would be great for the accessibility

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. transparent backgrounds (with 100 % transparency)without any color in powerpoint.

can we have an additional option of transparent backgrounds(with 100 % transparency) in powerpoint. this effect will be very usefull in educational content development. and this will unlock new field of developments and usages of microsoft powerpoint in education sector and filming , video recording.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An embedded video (e.g. Stream URL) does not play unless PowerPoint run as Administrator

Allow a non-admin user to play a URL embedded video in a PowerPoint presentation.

If I am running PowerPoint as a non-admin account (a standard account) and if it has an embedded URL video (e.g. a Stream video or a YouTube video), when I attempt to play the video (in either authoring or presenting mode) I get "VIDEO ERROR This video could not be started. Close this dialog to ignore the problem or click Restart to try again".

Only if I open PowerPoint as an administrator can I work around this problem, but most users don't have the ability to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Caneta em apresentação

Seria muito bom se houvesse a opção de mudar a espessura da caneta durante a apresentação do Power Point. Na verdade, as configurações de utilização da caneta durante a apresentação são muito limitadas.

Deveríamos ter mais liberdade para configurar a caneta durante a apresentação.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Imagem alta qualidade em "Todos os novos documentos"

A opção para definir a resolução padrão de "Alta fidelidade" para todos os novos documentos cirados no Power Point não existe e está disponível apenas no Word. Como preparo muitos slides e uso o zoom durante a apresentação, a cada novo documento que crio tenho que ir nas configurações e definir o padrão para alta fidelidade, caso contrário, a qualidade das imagens caem muito.

Seria interessante que pudesse fixar essa opção para todos os documentos futuros, como podemos fazer no Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Want to change font size manually as odd number size, so highlight text then hit size, then want to try larger

if I highlight a phrase, then go up to make it 13, and it goes to 13. Then I decide to go up to 15. I hit 15. Then I end up typing 15 as it is no longer "highlighted" after you do it once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Size multiple objects to size/resize.

It would be great if we could select several objects and be able to match the width or height like in MS Access. i.e. drag and select several text boxes of different sizes and make the match the widest or tallest or whatever,
    We can do it with alignment, how about with size adjustments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Autosave

Autosave for Powerpoint 2019 Please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Powerpoint - Draw circle, straight line, Rectangle

Request to option to draw circle, straight line, Rectangle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. be a boomer

Yeetus plz vote 4 this boomers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What if there was a way to link the presentation with the notes? (Presenter view)

In regular view, there could be numbers/letters in the slide where the creator wants them, with numbers down in the notes (maybe only shown during slide tab?).
    In presenter view, there would be arrows pointing to the correct notes. This way, the creator only has to link 1 note with a point on the slide, instead of writing everything in notes!

NOTE: The audience wouldn't be able to see the numbers, or the arrows!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dynamic "Rabbit trail" feature for slide organizing/presenting

Traditional PP slide organizing follows strict linear logic and allows for "hiding" slides that a User may or may not want to share, only retrievable by unhiding the slide in the straight series. Many times, however, slide content and presentations lends themselves to a need to explore tangential, important information a User may want to have immediate access to, depending on the evolution of meeting, live discussion, etc. I refer to these as "Rabbit trails". PP could be improved to allow creating slides that fit 'horizontal' logic, linking off (or taking a "rabbit trail") from a slide in the main…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select several "add animation" options at once

I would love it if "add animations" pane could select multiple animations as one time, for example fade in, fade out, and emphasis off of a single cumulative dropdown menu without having to add one, open the pane again, add a second, open the pane again, add a third.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to convert powerpoint presentation to SCORM compliant file

Why not have a feature that lets users to export or save the PowerPoint file as a SCORM compliant file?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base