PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Add a preview when adjusting the transparency of an element

It would be great to see the preview before hitting "OK" when adjusting the object's fill color and transparency.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Image Type

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in .svg is a great feature of PowerPoint added in recent version of MS PPT. I am wondering whether there is some setting that allows the default file type to be saved is svg instead of PNG?

This will be a great help and save lots of time. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a slide number X/Y based on title/section/chapter slides count

I would like to be able to automate this slide [X/Y] that I and some other people use in slide title when creating presentations.

Issue:
    I have to manually update the number of slides contained in my presentation section
    Example: Intro [1/2], Intro [2/2], I need to add a slide, I need to rename Intro [1/3], Intro [2/3] after adding my slide)

Expected behavior:
    When the title of the slide is similar, I should be able to ask PowerPoint to add slide numbering at the end of the title for this specific subset of slides

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep videos or animations playing in presentation while accessing other files

It's sometimes necessary to access other files while running a PowerPoint presentation, especially in education - I might need to access attendance rosters, prepare to share a handout, or access Zoom controls while presenting. Often, it's most convenient to perform these other tasks when an animation or other media is playing in the presentation, but the PowerPoint default automatically stops playing any media when a different program is selected. It would be very helpful if PowerPoint in presentation mode would keep playing animations and media when another file or program is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PowerPoint allow animation pane and selection pane to be open at same time.

Recent update to 365 made PowerPoint animation pane and selection pane automatically collapse when you open one, and the other is already open. Sometimes need to see both at same time, for example, when using animation painter in a complicated slide that requires selection pane to select target group or shape. Please make this auto-collapse feature an option, so we can immediately turn it off and never use it. We are good enough at PowerPoint to be able to decide if we want one pane open, or both at once. Don't need the software to force these decisions on us.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Consistent design ideas across slides

While Design Ideas feature is an excellent offering from Microsoft and help me on a daily basis and reduced my time significantly, I would suggest making the design ideas consistent across slides. Most of the time design ideas are not matching with previous slide designs or color schemes within the deck and also navigating through them is a pain.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A picture stack

Creates a stack of pictures on a powerpoint slide. One picture shows on top and then you can click arrows that cycle through the other pictures in the stack. I planned on using it for showing graph outputs for a program but don't need to show them all right away

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. YouTube caption set automatically in PowerPoint

I am using an online YouTube video in my presentation. Looking forward if there is an automatic setting for the caption in PowerPoint.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Translation and read-out in watcher language of dedicated Notes on each slide could make Powerpoint a smart media for global "webinars".

Translation and read-out in watchers preferred language of dedicated Notes on each slide - could make Powerpoint a smart media for global "webinars".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Problemas con la aplicación de PowerPoint

Tengo un ordenador Asus Chromebook intel, y la aplicación de PowerPoint no funciona correctamente, pues la opción de grabar pantalla no aparece y es imposible de usar, necesito que podáis resolverlo cuanto antes.
    Gracias de antemano.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. cropping smartart pictures

Hitting ther Crop command has always been very useful in SmartArt graphics, giving you the tehe possibility to move and resize pictures in the picture placeholders. - Still possible in Word and Excel. Please bring this feature back ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better blur tool to help protect confidential information on presentations

Add a pen/pencil tool that enables selective bluring in the presentation with the purpose of protecting confidential or private information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vector fill pattern (e.g. WMF/EMF) should not be converted to bitmap when exporting from PowerPoint to PDF.

When a shape is filled (e.g. tiled) with a WMF vector fill and when exporting or printing this from PowerPoint to PDF, the vector fill is converted to a bitmap at very low resolution (200 dpi).

Expected behavior: the vector fill should not be converted to a bitmap when exported to PDF, but should remain in vectorial form.

The matter is also already being discussed here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_powerpoint-mso_win10-mso_365hp/how-to-keep-vector-fill-pattern-eg-wmfemf-when/5c8c796a-7b8f-4418-9f30-114da3da48b2?messageId=136a52e7-3b4e-46e9-8472-d39e27a2bf04&page=1&auth=1&rtAction=1618563048691

The PowerPoint file can be downloaded here:
    https://sabercathost.com/my3z/PowerPoint_Shape_with_WMF_Vector_Fill.zip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add more brush styles in the draw tool

I would love that brush styles can be changed, for example to a calligraphic one like the one in Paint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Font weight variation support

I use both versions of PPT in Mac and Windows. And I found that the Windows version doesn't support some font-weight variation, such as Light, Thin, Black, etc. Could It be possible to make the windows version support this issue?

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow more configurations for inserted video captions(from vtt files)

These configurations could add the ability to move captions, change the opacity, and size of captions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add Sort option in PowerPoint

Dear Team,

Now we cant able to sort the data in PowerPoint. Please add the sort option in PowerPoint (for Table format and Normal Text). It will be helpful for all.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mohamed Rafiq M
    (Microsoft Certified Trainer)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. style sheets please

need I say more? Word has style sheets...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Looks for Non-265 Users

The looks of Microsoft applications (For those who doesn't have O365) such as Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote, Excel must be enhanced and must have a new look. The new looks will provide productivity to every users. The New looks will also help eyes to make it easier to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base