PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Let me use webcam footage of myself with a greenscreen in front of the presented slides

Use a feature of allowing me to replace the background on my webcam with the slide presentation view from PowerPoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine the Subtitles with Record Slideshow Video's for Playback

When using the Record Slideshow tool and having your camera record you talking over each slide(s), it would be amazing if the Subtitles feature found in the Slideshow ribbon, automatically captured the captions and provided them during playback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the floating captioning window available outside of PowerPoint!

The floating captioning window available through the Translate add-on is great! But, it's only available through PowerPoint. If it was available through the standalone Translate app, it would allow content creators to have easy access to amazing AI powered free captioning.

For example, I am a Twitch streamer and right now I use webcaptioner.com for my automatic captions to make my streams more accessible to my viewers. Those captions are decent, but if I could use the Microsoft's floating captioning window outside of PowerPoint, I'd use that in a heartbeat instead of webcaptioner.

In addition, if you could also export…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make PPT faster

PPT should be more responsive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editing the ribbon with click-and-drag functionality

Allow the ribbon customization to be done like the windows menu, where we can change the size and location of each button by clicking and dragging. It's easy enough to add what I want to my custom ribbon, but getting things in the right order visually is challenging. If you made a way to click and drag the icons to rearrange them, that would be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Instructions for seeing notes in presenter view need to be clearer. It says start show and they will appear. They do not

When people ask how to see notes in presenter view:
    1. Slide Show
    2. Start from beginning or current slide
    THEN ADD:
    3. Click '...' to right of symbols in bottom left hand corner (right end)
    4. In menu select See notes in presenter view.
    5. Add words to tell people what the symbols mean so they can learn more quickly rather than lose time on trial and error. Communication is free and it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Numbered hyperlinks in powerpoint and an app to act as remote controller

We have seen usage of ppt remotes to change slides. Now, I am suggesting a new idea where we can automatically number hyperlinks in a slide and when we type that certain number in a special application it will open that hyperlinked slide. You can develop a small application to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PAN

i can zoom in , unable to pan... its disaster... adobe has made it clear by holding space key on keyboard...

is there a way to define such keyboard shortcut in powerpoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A powerpoint to eLearning convertor

Powerpoint to HTML5 convertor for example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock the size if the table object inserted in PowerPoint

I would like you to implement a capability to lock the object size as well as object ratio of the table inserted in PowerPoint. Currently we can’t lock the size of the table object though we can lock its ratio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notizenbereich wie OneNote aufbauen/ strukturieren

Die PP-Notizen sollten editierbar und strukturierbar sein wie es in OneNote möglich ist. D.h. man kann z.B. in einen Bereich klicken und dort weiterschreiben. Mehr Formatierungsoptionen, oder Bilder einfügen.

Vielleicht kann man ja auch OneNote direkt "einbinden". Sodass ein (manueller) Export ggf. sogar hinfällig wird.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zoom coordination

Can OneNote coordinate with the slides on Zoom being presented? So if I'm typing notes in OneNote, then it can correspond to the slide being shown on Zoom?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grouped objects each take an individual border. The default should be a border around the totality of the group, not individual objects.

Grouped objects each take an individual border. The default should be a border around the totality of the group, not individual objects. Otherwise, you have to...there's really no other good "otherwise".

I never had an issue with this on earlier versions of Powerpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better alignment function

PPT needs an alignment function similar to what is found in Adobe Illustrator, i.e. when aligning two or more objects, you can decide which one is the anchor point that the rest should be aligned to.

E.g. Imagine I want to align my text box to a shape. Currently, PPT randomly brings the two together. But what if I want the shape position to stay intact and move my text into that shape, currently impossible. In Illustrator you simply choose both objects, then while the two are highlighted you can click on either one of the objects to define it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More configuration options for Subtitles (Live Closed Captioning)

My church loves using the new live closed captioning / subtitles, especially for when the pastor is giving their sermon. We've tried it for a few weeks now and have a few enhancement suggestions.

1. Allow the text to be larger than the max of 200% that is currently there

2. Allow the ability to show more lines than 2. Preferably, something that could take up the entire screen.

3. When the pastor talks quickly, it is really hard for people to speed read. It would be great if there was a way we could slow down the closed captioning even if its…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I THINK WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN BACKROUND FROM ARE COMPUTER

MAKING OUR OWN BACKGROUNDS OUT OF OUR COMPUTER

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow "Do not compress images in file" for "All new files".

PPT is largely an image-based application. Surely NOT compressing images should be allowed as the default, instead of turning compression OFF for each individual file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make the powerpoint able to open pptx files that was possible with older version of powerpoint

alow the new version of office to open pptx files; I had a great number of poerpoint files in pptx format which I use in my presentations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Section zoom as animation

I would like to add animated icons to a "contents" overview slide with several section zooms. To bring these animations and the different slide zooms in a correct order would require that each Zooming Action (Zoom into section 1, 2, 3,...; coming back from section 1, 2, 3,...) be treated as "ordinary" animation, visible in the animation List.
    example: After getting back from section 1 I would like to display a green tick above the corresponding Mini-Slide representing this section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make default zoom setting in slide sorter view adjustable

make default zoom setting in slide sorter view adjustable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base