PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Export to Video with embedded videos included.

Currently, Powerpoint does not play embedded videos in the exported video file. Only the audio gets played. This feature needs to be updated so that both video and audio files embedded in the powerpoint presentation can be viewed in the exported video.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is no option to turn text from Word Art into version 2019. But it was at 2003.

There is no option to turn text from Word Art into version 2019. But it was at 2003.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is no option to turn text from Word Art into version 2019. But it was at 2003.

There is no option to turn text from Word Art into version 2019. But it was at 2003.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Preserve uri (http) links when saving in svg format

The recently added SVG support in PowerPoint is a wonderful addition, but currently any links (http:// style or other URI) that are associated with an object are lost when a slide is saved in .scv format. The obligitary <svg xmlns:xlink=“http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"> attribute is included, but no <a xlink:href="http://xxxxxxxx"> </a> attributes are saved.

Please include the appropriate <a xlink:href="http://xxxxxxxx"> </a> attributes in .svg files when saving in .svg format

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Powerpoint - set color blending mode to 'multiply'

Dear PowerPoint mods

I think you underrate PPT as a design tool. It's bloody good.

One thing that would take it to the next level though is if you'd implement 'multiply' as a color blending mode.

This would be truly amazing. You've already got a ton of other powerful design features like boolean operations, EMF file integration etc etc, but what you're missing is 'multiply'.

This would change lots of designers lives who use PPT on the reg.

Sincerely

Ben

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please could you add persenter coach to powerpoint for Desktop because it is very useful and it will be a big help.

this means that it will help people be more correspondence to give a presentation even if they are not using PowerPoint online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Comments searchable

There should be a way to search Comments. Currently, I can use the "Find" feature to search for text within the presentation, but there is no way to search through text in the "Comments" section. It would be nice to have a search bar in the "Comments" menu so if there are 100 comments and someone tagged me in a few of them, I can easily jump to those comments by searching for my name. This should be a separate search bar though - I don't want "Comment" text coming back as a result of the regular "Find" feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flip/switch input fields position horizontal/vertical

I often use PowerPoint to position flow chart elements. In the "Format Form" (right menu), I enter (1) the height (y axis), (2) the height (x axis), and then (3) the horizontal position (x axis) and (4) the vertical position (y axis). However, "my mind" always assumes that the size and position lists are in logical order, i.e., input field (1) belongs to (3), and (2) belongs to (4) - first the y axis, then the x axis. Now (1) belongs to (4) and (2) belongs to (3) due to alphabetical order, which is sometimes disturbing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A score board to play jeopardy without VBA And MAcros

When playing Jeopardy and a team got an answer right you can add how much points the question is worth just by clicking on a plus sign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video background

I want to remove the green background of my video in PowerPoint but I can't do this. please add this feature to remove the video background.
    Second thing is that whenever I insert a video with a white background. its background turns to grey when I start recording my presentation. it means that a filter or any effect on the video is applied automatically. and it is irritating me. please fix this problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Logo animation during my presentation

I wanted to let my logo animate automatically in the whole presentation after every 20 seconds. But I didn't found any option to do this. Later on I animated my logo after every 5 text animations by clicking on "Add animation" . But here I'm having a problem with my PowerPoint. Whenever I give an object an animation and set it to "Start with previous" it automatically animates after previous animation. But if I accidentally, click Next during it's animation, it doesn't animate smoothly. That is, it quickly gets to his position. I want an option in PowerPoint which will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offline Icons

Make the icons available offline once they are downloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smooth and one audio recording for all slides

3) The audio recording on all slides must be smooth without any interruption among them. Only one smooth audio should be recorded rather than multiply audios for multiple slides .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. play previous animations smoothly even if we switch to next animation

If we click to switch to the next animation i.e. text animation, the previous one should play fully and end smoothly not abruptly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Zoom Move to one slide part.

Slide zoom feature is also amazing but Zoom to a specific part of one slide should be available with a smooth moving animation, just like the Camtasia Zoom & Pan system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exclude Element from Design Ideas

Would be good to be able, say right-click to exclude an element from Design Ideas (ie. excluded/deselected element are manual design) - this could be useful where there are annotations for example, also can allow Design Ideas to concentrate on the main elements (and avoid the 2 many elements problem prohibition Design Ideas from working).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A function for reducing size of textbox to prevent word split

In business world, it is very crucial to make appropriate English written presentation. one of such manners would be word split or wrapping.

While I was making one, I found that some problem which word was split while i was reducing the size of textbox.

Therefore, I suggest PowerPoint has is some kinda message
    "This textbox is unable to be smaller for causing word split"

Following is the sequence how I found problem and my suggestions.

1. I inserted textbox by clicking on a slide once. (i don't drag to make a certain size of textbox.)
      with unchecked "Allow Latin Text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add time for each slide

Export to Excel all the slides and then able to add time for each slide. This would then be viewable in the presenter view.

So you can have a 20 min for presentation and can see the time remaining if you are running fast or slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock an image or background image in place

Let me right click any object and lock it in place to avoid selection, movement and changes of any kind.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. During presentation of slides , can you make a feature like "Zoom It "features

1. During presentation of slides , can you make a feature like
      "Zoom It "features where we can make a straight line to a text, make a box in a paragraph, etc

2. During video show in slides after we pause the video, can you make a features such as highlight a particular area and at the same time can make a type a text during pause.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base