PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Use Windows File Explorer

Provide an option to skip the build in office file management. I would prefer the native OS file explorer anytime.

Pros:
    * People are used to the native way of doing file organization.
    * Cross program keyboard shortcuts
    * Less graphics
    * Faster
    * Fits in with other programs (not office)

Cons:
    * Breaking with the UX language of power point

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding Video properties when managing video files in MS PowerPoint 365

I'm using PowerPoint 365 (Windows 10) to produce MP4 video to share my friends the nice places and memories of last holidays we had. Since the material to choose is huge (around 1000 files), I would like to have the possibility to see the VIDEO PROPERTIES of the video already included (for ex. GOPR1284.MP4, with date and time etc.) in the "Video Format" or "Playback" tabs. Ideally, in the "Format Video" tab, in addition to "Size" and "Position", it would be great if we can have "Properties" with some details like filename, date, file size and duration. What do you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Section zoom as animation

I would like to add animated icons to a "contents" overview slide with several section zooms. To bring these animations and the different slide zooms in a correct order would require that each Zooming Action (Zoom into section 1, 2, 3,...; coming back from section 1, 2, 3,...) be treated as "ordinary" animation, visible in the animation List.
    example: After getting back from section 1 I would like to display a green tick above the corresponding Mini-Slide representing this section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notes selectable during presentation

I need to cut & paste some stuff out of the Notes window while presenting, but the window does not let me select text and copy it. Good heavens, this must is a mandatory feature for me, please add it ASAP, thanks. I'm literally looking for a different presentation app right now to solve this big problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Introduce the concept of layers to Powerpoint Templates

As the title says, Microsoft should introduce the concept of content layers, particularly for the Templates, with a minimum of 3 layers: background, content, foreground! It is currentlyimpossible, for example, to have page numbers, or logos, or whatever, that are part of the template to allways show on top, simply because the regular content (entered by the user in the actual slides) will always be "above" the template content... In all honesty, this is pretty silly and severily limiting any real template design.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make It Possible to Set Defaults on More Functions

I need to be able to easily and permanently set default page size (e.g., "letter") as well as a default font (and associated attributes such as Bold, Color, etc). At present there is no way to do this. I have to set them each and every single time I create a new document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Moving Animation "Animation Pane"

I’d like to suggest a really small idea but it’s really handy.
    I’m designing a really complex slides using PowerPoint, with more than 200 animation per slide. So, sometimes I need to add something I’ve already forgot.
    So, in order to put it in the right place I need to click and hold the animation all the way up till I reach it right place “in animation pane” so my idea is:
    “how about to add moving the animation using numbers”
    For example: when I opening animation pane, right click on the animation then it really will be very nice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock an image or background image in place

Let me right click any object and lock it in place to avoid selection, movement and changes of any kind.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. some way to get some help from you would be helpful. I have wasted days and completely stuck

an 800 phone number for someone who is completely stuck with a problem in PowerPoint (me).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. double click on slide to launch a quick access to insert Shapes, Icons, Text Box

Double click on open part of slide and either
    1) a box of "most common used" or "most recent used" items to insert shows up to quickly selection a shape, icon, or textbox (and potentially other items)
    Or
    2) Small menu appears with Shapes, Icons, Textboxes, and other options listed. Move mouse to the desired category (i.e. Shapes) and small box opens with shapes to select from

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Double click to start a textbox like Mac

Double click on a slide to start a text box on PC same way you can do it on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable me to share a powerpoint presentation starting a slide

Nearly every one of my emails sharing my ppt slides has been (Start at slide X!) which is lost when you switch contexts.

Similar to how I can copy a youtube link at a specific timestamp, it would be awesome to be able to do this in Powerpoint. Possible integrations are by right clicking on a specific slide and having a share option, or even when clicking share to say "share from current slide".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WORD MOSAIC TILES IN CUSTOM GEOMETRY

I HAVE FEWW KEY WORDS WHICH I WANT TO REPRESENT IN MOSAIC FORMAT, MANY ONLINE APPLICATIONS DO THE JOB WHICH I CAN EXPORT AS IMAGE FORMAT.

IF I GET THE FEATURE IN POWERPOINT I CAN UPDATE IT ANY TIME. AND ALSO I CAN UPDATE IN ANY GEOMETRY THEMES

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the slides pane movable (can be undocked)

When editing, in order to keep the slide pane visible for easy access, but yet to give maximum screen available to see the slide being edited, it would be nice to be able to move the slide pane onto a separate monitor (which would require it to be made into a separate window that could be docked/undocked)
    Same for comments pane. :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Printing notes without image of slide - similar to outline view.

I would love to have the ability to print my notes without the image of the slide above. Similar to the outline view but only have the slide number and then the notes printed out to the side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Master Slide object Hierarchy.

I am using a built in place holder image block that covers the whole slide. On top of this placeholder, I have an imported static png logo placed bottom left and a text box placed bottom right. I get the option to send the placeholder block to the back of the slide and the picture and text box to the front of the slide. Great. When I then pull this master slide into a presentation for 'Insert Slide', and click to import an image into the placeholder, The logo and strap-line are knocked to the back of the hierarchy in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. math autocorrect

Add Math AutoCorrect' option for Powerpoint like in Word

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Draw Gradient Paths

The linear and radial gradient types aren't dynamic enough for some uses. It would be very helpful if we could get a gradient type that would allow you to draw the path the gradient could progress though. It would follow the rules of the linear type, but you could draw the line in a similar fashion to how you would draw new shapes. The gradient would change based on the position of the stops and the color would extend to the edges of the shape. The closer the a curve gets in a path, the sharper the gradient would progress…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to move Navigation panel > slide from left to below the Ribbon. Ideal for those who work on portrait mode

Option to move Navigation panel from left of the page to below the Ribbon. Ideal for those who work on portrait mode. This way the slide selctor would be above the actual slide and the notes at the bottom of the page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have Presenter View available when Recording an Audio

It is vital to have the Presenter View available to be able to read the script when recording audio on to a slide show in Office 365 - Powerpoint

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base