PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Allow inner, center and outer outline alignment

Currently, outlines for shapes and text will always be aligned to the center of the shape's or text's border. This means that the outline of small text will eventually 'consume' the fill. This would be fixed by setting the outline alignment to "Outer". For large shapes with heavy outlines, aligning the outline to "Inner" would make it simpler to align such a shape with a smaller shape with no outline. This functionality is available for strokes in most vector-based graphics editors, and I would expect to find it in PowerPoint also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Morphing smooth start and smooth end removal option

Hello.

I want to make a character animation in PowerPoint using the morph option but I'm encountering problems since the morph effect have a slow start and slow end

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Collaborative editing (show other users cursor)

Due to COVID-19 we are all working remotely. One thing we miss is being able whiteboard ideas rapidly. But one thing we have found works really well (better that white boarding) is collaboratively ending architecture diagrams or slides in powerpoint.
    But it is hard to discuss things without being able to see each others mouse cursors. You can see their selection and what slide they are on. Having option to see mouse cursors (like teams done when giving control) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. it fails activate powerpoint

it declane my email and I dnt knw why.help me open powerpoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Custom slide show] cannot be named./[目的別スライドショー] に名前を付けられない

We would like to put our original name for a new slide show.
    Once we create a new slide show according to the following procedure, the name will not be changed as instructed and will be saved as [Custom Shows 1] [Custom Shows 2] [Custom Shows 3].
    Once saved, go to [Edit], clear the [Slide show name] box and enter a name to change it to the desired name.
    Instead of renaming this way, please be able to name it from [New].

title : Create a basic custom show

URL : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-present-a-custom-show-09d4d340-3c47-4125-b177-0de3be462c5d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

以下の手順で目的別スライドショーを新規作成すると名前が変更されず [目的別スライド ショー 1] [目的別スライド ショー 2] [目的別スライド ショー 3]で保存されてしまう。
    一度保存後に [編集] から、[スライド ショーの名前]…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. customize animation effects available in ribbon

This probably applies to other ribbons as well. Specifically, I would love to be able to change which animation effects are available in the ribbon. For example, I think I may have used "Random Bars" twice in the last 20 years, but I use "Peek in" several times a month. It would be great to be able to change it so "Peek in" is in the ribbon, but not "Random Bars," or "Float up." As it is, every time I want to use Peek In I have to go to the little expand thing and go to "More entrance effects"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to close the curtains at the end of the slide show.

I want to close the curtains at the end of the slideshow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow videos in album import

Allow importing videos along with photo album. Also allow captioning with the title of the file for videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pen thickness option while recording presentation!

Pen thickness option while recording presentation!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Built-in countdown or timer/clock shapes to insert on slides

It's rather common during presentations to have small breaks or doing group activities that involves a timer, a clock, or a countdown. I found that you declined such an idea back in 2018, but I see many use-cases where a built-in feature for adding a shape with properties for this would be handy.
    And even in SharePoint Online there is a countdown webpart now - so why not in your presentation tool as well.

Please reconsider, and keep up the good work!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. create microsoft book

so people can write book

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Design Ideas - Find History or Old Recommendations

Normally, I don't rely on Design ideas, because I like to create super visually pleasing ppts. Today, when I logged on to create a new powerpoint, however, the Design Ideas tab had incredible videos for backgrounds in the Design Ideas tab! I was obsessively scanning through them to pick my favorite one. I accidentally clicked out of design ideas, and it refreshed to the old lame ones we've all seen before! I can't seem to find it again in templates or online pictures. So, my suggestion is allow users to search for previously suggested design ideas. Additionally, allow users to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add features that do not require the use of .xml

I have been modifying the fonts in PowerPoint 2019. I had to use trial and error with Text Effects, Shape Effects, and Presets.

The end result did produce an acceptable font (but it took a long time).

From answers.microsoft.com, converting the .pptx to .xml allows me to modify the fonts.

It would be good if we could rotate a word along the x axis to see the effects (in PowerPoint not requiring xml modifications). Ditto for y axis and z axis.

In addition, give us the same features for “scene3D”, “camera”, and “lightRig”. Many do not have the skills to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. provide more information when exporting video from Powerpoint to Stream

When Powerpoint is rendering the video and exporting to Stream there is a small status bar at the bottom that shows progress. The problem is that I can't tell if the rendering is still in progress or if it's hung because the bar moves so slowly. Could you add some kind of animation to the bar to indicate that my patience will be rewarded with results, or so that I can know if I need to restart or abandon the process?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office365 license should have been full free for the student accounts.

Students are creative builders for our future era, gaining expertise in office365 for them must not be limited due to money. Microsoft can easily monitor the businesses of an account holder, so it can easily control the renewal of contracts for the account users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable the "Creative Common Only" by GPO to avoid naughty pictures from WWII

In the INSERT -> ONLINE PICTURE search function the "Creative Common Only" option is selected by default, which leads to inappropriate results. For example, employees from Germany will get pictures from the time of the Second World War in the search results if they are looking for "Besprechung".
    With this UserVoice entry I want to request a GPO or similar configurable procedure to avoid the default checked option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pen strokes lag on external display in Presentation View when writing on slides in the Presenters View

This is more of a bug than a feature request, but I was directed here by Microsoft support – they said this bug is “by design”, but I don’t think it really is…

For the initial discussion, see here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/pen-lags-on-external-display-presenting-powerpoint/720337ef-30d4-4fcd-87b1-254f708e1246

To summarize it again: When I show PowerPoint slides with my computer connected to an external display, I can write on the Presenter View's slide – the strokes are smooth and the pixels appear “on-the-fly” on the slide where I write them. However, in the Presentation View, the pen writing lags behind: it only shows up in the Presentation View…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base