PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Reduce Size of the Variants Gallery and Display Font Theme, Color Theme and Effects Theme Icons on the Design tab

The Variants group in 2013 and later versions hides the more important Font Theme, Color Theme and Effects Theme options. I think they should be at the top level on the Design tab in the Ribbon and reduce the space for Variants to an icon with a drop-down menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PNG files

In the last update of 365, I lost a feature that I heavily rely on. I can no longer save Powerpoint files as PNG files unless I save each slide individually. I have files that are 100+ slides, so this is incredibly tedious. Each time I select "All Slides" when I save as PNG, I get an error message. I spent over an hour on chat, with no progress. This is clearly an issue with a recent update. If this isn't resolved ASAP, I will need to cancel and go back to an earlier version of Powerpoint. I really don't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More controls for the wheel animation

The wheel animation's direction (clockwise / counterclockwise) and the radial position of it's "starting point" are currently fixed. Being able to alter both of these would enable a variety of new animation options, such as curved arrows and paths that appear to draw themselves.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Slide masters need at least two more grouping levels.

There is a desperate need for a slightly more hierarchical approach to Masters. Most users don't need an arbitrary number of levels, as some people have been asking for. But the vast majority of users need at least the option of two more levels of organization to help streamline the presentation creation process.

Currently, the hierarchy of slides look like this:

Master
    . ┗Slide

It needs to look something more like this:

Master
    . ┗Slide Group Master (optional)
    . . ┗Slide Master (optional)
    . . . ┗Slide Variants

Here's how the proposed setup would work:

Masters: allows user to place…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Calculate total time of selected slides and display in the status bar

When preparing a presentation I always have to decide which slides to include or not to include, while still staying within the total allotted time. The timings feature helps with this but it would be so much easier if, once I have the timings recorded, I could select a few slides (i.e. by Ctrl-click) and have their total time automatically added up and displayed in the status bar. That way I could see quickly where I'm using up time and how I could save time by excluding certain slides. It's very tedious to do it "by hand" and seems incredibly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Design ideas - I wish I had more control of the ideas generated. Designs that appeared 2 months ago, no longer appear in the suggestions.

I routinely use design ideas which is very helpful. However, the suggestions that pop up seem completely random and I am unable to find other suggestions that I used in presentations 2-3 months ago even when using the same number of photos. Just like you have Design Themes, why not photo layout Themes (i.e. all round, all diagonal, much white space, layouts for 2 vs 3 vs 4 vs 5 vs 6 photos, etc.). Also, please enable it to handle Shapes. Sometimes it works with text boxes, sometimes, not. All of this is frustrating when trying to create consistent looking…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to go to the next/previous comments based on @ mention

When my team have used @ mentions it would be a big help having an option for next/previous mentioned comment buttons so it locates the where I am mentioned in the comments, skipping all of the other comments.

My use case is; when a group of people are working on a presentation, it would be helpful to navigate to the comments where you are @ mentioned. I am working with 5 other people on a presentation which is over 70 slides, and I have to go through all comments using the previous and next comment option trying to find the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An option to duplicate the slide titles for following slides

It would be nice to add an option to duplicate the slide titles for following slides - it would save a lot of time.
    The option can state to duplicate the title on (number of following slides)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: Can't Save a Picture if you have more than 1 new window

If you make a new window of your presentation and then you want to save one slide as a picture from File menu, than the result will be incorrect image.

If you do from right click menu of your mouse, then it won't open the Save as Picture window dialogue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make it so you can convert your power point to word

make it so you can convert your power point to word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need Ultrawide Monitor Compatibility Aspect Ratio - 21:9 and 32:9 + Slide partition

Hi,
    We started using UltraWide monitors 21:9 for many employees and our analyst are using 32:9 monitors. We wish to have more control on slide size compatibility and introduce a concept of slide partition, where each partition acts like independent power point. It will be useful to hold one partition and go with presentation of other partitions.

regards,
    singaravelu s

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fit to Window needs keyboard shortcut!!

Fit to Window needs keyboard shortcut!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't allow all my work to dissappear

I worked on a PowerPoint for a long time, then I saved and it said "read only", so I clicked Save As, chose a name, and it saved a blank file.

This SUCKS. Your product SUCKS. This should NOT be possible. I lost a lot of shit I won't remember now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text Read during Powerpoint Show

Currently it is possible to activate Text Read in Edit Mode and then activate Show Mode. The option of Text Read may be made available during the Show Mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reuse slides to show slide names

New version of Reuse slides only displays the slides available as "slide 1", "slide 2, etc. instead of using the real name assigned via Outline view. This was available on a previous version. Now, I can't distinguish which slide I want to add as I cannot see the contents. The preview is small and cannot be zoomed in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display full file name in the top of the screen

On the edit mode the files names are cut and not displayed in full. This sometimes leads to confusion on the file being edited (mostly on long file names with versions at the end). There's enough space in that section of the screen to display longer file names (in a previous version this was also shown when hovering the mouse pointer on the file but it is gone now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set timing to advance after the animations end

There's an option to advance slide on mouse click, or on after a specific amount of time after the slide starts. It would be nice if there was another option to advance after a specific amount of time after all the animations are over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The text-way animation

there should be a text way animation to apply handwriting effect with the hand picture. there should be an option to set a point of the object i.e. shape or a picture, to move on the way of that animation. in this animation the text should be written like the handwriting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Slide Timer Insert Facility Tools

Actually, We used every time many operation with presentation but actually I need a option that shown every slider timer. Like example - when we start our presentation then slide change page to page but viewer noted the every point that are important in this presentation but sometimes they can't understand how many second keep stay in this slide page and then move to next slide. So I feel that it's better to working and presentation time for showing presentation slide timer input facilicty that are shown analog or digital clock style. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bigger canvas value than 56 inches

56 inches is the maximum that a PowerPoint is going to go up to, however a bigger resolution is what we live to see. Greater value, greater visibility and a greater effect of all the images and designs will surely come together in a dynamic way if this number gets stretched, and literally so! Moreover, PowerPoint presentations are used for large-scale events, and therefore having a feature that extends in size would be beneficial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base