PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Setting Multiple Triggers to an Animation - More than One Trigger Controls an Animation

Adding More than one trigger to an animation gives us to control a single animation with different buttons,
    this is maybe useful when we take a response from the user, and react for a particular response.

if a user click button 1 or 3 then one animation should be played
    if a user clicks button 2 then other animation should be played
    like this

we can build interactive quiz if this is done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wave animation

I'd like to seen an animation that wither distorts and object to the point that it wiggles in a wavy pattern (complete with the option to control the strength of that wiggling), or an animation where a line object can mimic the Custom Path animation by bending and turning along the path to fit the path.
    This would enable a series of new animations, namely wave, wind, water filling, and others the imagination comes up with.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to switch between plain and colored emoji

I have noticed that there is now coloured emoji for PowerPoint in Version 2010 (Build 13301.20004) beta channel. Since there was never coloured emoji before, this will certainly clash with how people originally incorporated them into their presentations such as mine. I think that it's necessary to have a toggle (or something) that will allow people to switch between the colored and plain version. For now, I've found an alternative by changing the colored of the contour in the 3D Format tool. This is not personally an ideal work around for my use case

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I need designer ideas under designer tab..I had it initially..but now I am not getting it en when an image is inserted on the slide

when I had designer I was able to make my presentation precise and perfect...pls do enable designer under design tab in my powerpoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about using animations from CSS in the powerpoint?

There are many animations made using CSS which are not there in PowerPoint.

Is it possible to allow use of CSS animations in the slides by some way or the other?

Some CSS Animations: https://animate.style/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Swap/replace placeholders on master slide

The ability to swap/replace placeholders on master slides, without loosing content linking on main slides.
    E.g. Replace a 'text' box with a 'content' box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Merge Sway to PowerPoint

Microsoft, it would be great to merge Sway to PowerPoint. It would allow us to work on an app we already know and also, it would be excellent to be able to export to a web format, in the same way as Sway currently allows. The idea is to be able to keep interactivity, lightness and speed...

Would really love to be able to export ppt as sway and share to external parties.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lock an image or background image in place

Let me right click any object and lock it in place to avoid selection, movement and changes of any kind.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Duplicate and Copy whole powerpoints

So I just realized when visiting one of my previous PowerPoint slideshows that I can copy and duplicate PowerPoint slides for a slideshow, but cannot duplicate the whole PowerPoint (file) so you can have two separate powerpoints if you need to change one but don't have time to do it from scratch.

I hope this can be done one day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put watermark on PowerPoint slides

PowerPoint lacks a funcionality to put watermarks on slides. This is something I frequently need and PowerPoint simply does not have a way to do it in a simple, effective and flexible manner.

There is a video in Office Support that explains how to add a watermark. They instruct us to add a text box to the master slide. The problem with this approach is: if you add pictures or non-transparent objects to slides, they will cover the watermark.

The approach I use is to add the watermark manually to every slide. The problems with this approach are obvious: very…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding a flagging / bookmarking ability for a single slide in MS Powerpoint. Similar to flagging an email.

Adding a flagging / bookmarking ability for a single slide in MS PowerPoint. Similar to flagging an email. This would assist users who interact with large volumes of slides. Often when looking for a single slide in a powerpoint, I have to "ctrl F type enter" to find the slide I am looking for (e.g. powerpoints with over 200 sildes)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let me use webcam footage of myself with a greenscreen in front of the presented slides

Use a feature of allowing me to replace the background on my webcam with the slide presentation view from PowerPoint

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Standalone live caption app: Make the floating captioning window available outside of PowerPoint!

The floating captioning window available through the Translate add-on is great! But, it's only available through PowerPoint. If it was available through the standalone Translate app, it would allow content creators to have easy access to amazing AI powered free captioning.

For example, I am a Twitch streamer and right now I use webcaptioner.com for my automatic captions to make my streams more accessible to my viewers. Those captions are decent, but if I could use the Microsoft's floating captioning window outside of PowerPoint, I'd use that in a heartbeat instead of webcaptioner.

In addition, if you could also export…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cutout people - more multi-cultural/racial diversity in adult/business/career

The addition of stock images, cutout people and icons is a great and useful addition - would love to see more diversity in individuals to be more representative of the multicultural and racially diverse workforce. Also additional "career" representations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Slide Zoom thumbnail resolution scaling as it is resized

Slide Zoom thumbnail resolution is relatively low, specially if I print them after they are slightly increased in size.

One solution is to allow custom resolution for the auto generated thumbnail.
    Or make the default size for the thumbnail significantly bigger, something around a quarter of the slide size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base