PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Internet

To download Online Powerpoints faster.
    I notice that Powerpoint uses only 0.5MBps to download PPTOnline from its Application.
    Note: my internet is way above 50mbps. And doesnt take time to download the same ppt via browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The comment section text font size is MASSIVE, only 9 words fit on one line, please make it adjustable

The comment section text font size is MASSIVE, only 9 words fit on one line (1024*768), please make font size or scaling in comment section adjustable. Not everyone has a QHD+ screen....
    This was never a problem before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. give some more free powerpoint use

most people use crack easy for get and install and not everyone can afford to buy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Double click the space under a slide to add a new slide.

Either the open space beneath the last slide, or on the orange bar underneath a slide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to reorder columns

When creating tables, I often decide to reorder the columns. Today, I have to insert a new column, copy all the content, then delete the old column. What if I could just select the column and say "shift right" or "shift left" (like "insert right" or "insert left") and it would reorder the columns for me? That would make it a lot easier. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Spelling error in software

There is a spelling error in the 2013 version. See Home tab > Layout > Custom Design > "Completley blank". That is not the spelling of 'Completely'. Please fix :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. search box in file/open

I would like to have a search bar when doing the File/Open command. Now I have to go folder by folder. Instead, do a Cortana search, or Google or Bing or whatever - as long as I can just fill in (part of ) the name of my file and go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Motion paths need measurements and constraints

There should be a modfier key to constrain the shape of motion paths. Currently if you insert a "Circle" motion path, you actually get an oval the same aspect ratio as the slide. At the same time, the motion relative to the path is set to be constant along the oval. If you stretch the oval back to a circle, the object on the path speeds up and slows down instead of moving at a constant rate. If you could hold down the a modifier key and get a perfect circle, all this hassle would be avoided. We also need…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Object Alignment on Slides

Need to be able to position objects from Upper Right Corner. Currently, only options are Upper Left and Center. For right-justified Title boxes, the existing choices obviously won't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Working with chart data labels while the screen is maximized

I have a lot of data on a slide and for working to re-size or re-set the charts data labels, I have to Zoom the slide (because the font is really small due to the lot of data). However, when I hold the data labels which are towards the right or left ends of the slide with my Mouse Pointer, the Chart moves towards the right or left and recenters automatically. So, every time I have to go back and scroll to my data label, grab it with the mouse and move or re-size it. It is very time-consuming and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow 'popping out' of slides.

For instance, I have a deck that I'm working on and I want to drag one of the slides out (pop out) to one of my screens and continue to work on the presentation (keep the slide intact but allow it to pop out). Alternatively, if I want to just send just one slide of a larger deck to someone, enable it to pop out of the deck to save quicker than deleting the other slides, resaving it, etc....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add special character above the text when editing equation in Powerpoint 2016

When I used PPT 2007, I could add special character whatever I want right above the text using equation editor 3.0.
    (e.g. special character like circle dot.)
    But with PPT 2016, I can't do this with the function in the ribbon menu. (I know I can do it with adding object of equation editor 3.0)
    The only characters that I can choose are limited to 10 in the "accent" ribbon menu.
    So my suggestion is to add additional "accent" ribbon menu which enables to add any special character right above the text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export powerpoint as a Sway

Would really love to be able to export ppt as sway and share to external parties.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Presentation window easier to share on Meeting programs (ex WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc)

A frequent issue I see in online meetings is when the presenter has issues picking the correct Presentation window from their Meeting program (ex WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc). Powerpoint doesn't always make it clear which application window is presentation window when they are choosing to share which app window. Often, I'll see presenters give up and just use the editing window (which shows their notes and upcoming slides), which isn't ideal and often wastes meeting minutes.

Request: could we label the presentation window a bit better to show which one should be shared? This goes for both the Mac and Windows…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like a way to build a supertheme for my company.

Please give me a tool so I can build a supertheme for my company.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sugestion for PowerPoint Status Bar

When there is text in multiple languages, the Language section on the Status Bar disappears. It would be useful if it said something like "Multiple Languages," instead of disappearing, so that the user can change the language of the selected text by clicking on it instead of having to navigate to Review -> Language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make powerpoint not ruin slides when changing from 4:3 to 16:9 - Why are you resizing my backgrounds and images?

Make power point not ruin slides when changing from 4:3 to 16:9 - Why are you resizing my backgrounds and images?

Why can't the images be left alone!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back Clip Organizer to Office

We need away to organize and categorize clip art. Where has this handy and frequently used tool gone?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transitions: footers from Slide Master

Some Transitions (like Cube) don't rotate the footer from the slide master as a part of the slide, it just appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base