PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make crtl+shift+* show all available Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen

In Word there is an option Ctrl + Shift + * to all formatting Characters indicate. (in german Ein- oder Ausblenden von Formatierungszeichen)
    Please make the same option in PowerPoint available so that you can recognize, for example, double spaces.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Disabling the external program warning in powerpoint 2010

The ability to turn of the warning you get when you open a file from powerpoint using a program.

When you use an action to open a document and you also add the program that needs to be used you get this warning:
      http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2013/04/Security-Warning.png

It basically tells you that microsoft Office has blocked the ability to use an external program, you can enable it though.

Next time you open a powerpoint with such an action in you have to enable it again, I would like to be able to just turn that message off and not be bothered by it.

11 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Needs a meme generator

It would be really cool if I could make memes on Powerpoint. I think this could really revolutionise the way we meme on the internet. It would also improve our economy by generating profits on meme exports.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Display current slide on projector when laptop is locked.

I'm presenting a security deck. It's time for a quick break. I'd like to leave my last slide showing on the projector - but after what I've taught the class already, I am not going to trust them to leave my laptop unmolested. It would be nice if I could lock the laptop AND see the last slide on the projector, so I can unlock and pick up where I left off. Currently, when I lock the laptop, the secondary display gets a black screen.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Restore sort Alphabetical to pinned presentations.

2016 eliminated Automatic Alpha sort of "pinned pptxs". It is missed..

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• format shape panel - Make it similar to 2010 text formatting dialogue box

in ppt 2010 text object properties (such as inner spacing right, left etc.) where available via extra dialogue box. This one could be left open, when working on several slides of a deck.
                The new format shape panel could also be left open, but if I click on any other object which is not a text containing one the panel looses the option for text formatting and I have to select them again with at least one more click. I can not see quickly which parameters within the textelement are defined and if I need to adjust them (e.g. make…

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Web Browser WITHIN Powerpoint

As an AV tech, many presentations are given to me with youtube links within the presentation or maybe a link to their webpage or some other site they want to demonstrate. The huge trouble of course is that in presenter mode, it brings up the browser on the laptop screen, not the main output. I know there's bodges like dragging it across but this is practically impossible in practice as you can't then use it and it's all messy visually. What I'd love is for a web browser to replace the powerpoint slide (in both views) with a big X…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bring back menu auto-explode dropped by recent update

The PowerPoint team has dropped features important to power users since 2013. Most importantly, the recent update added yet another mouse click to menu items that previously auto-exploded. For example, an extra mouse click is now needed to align objects horizontally or vertically. Also, an extra mouse click is needed to add a shape effect (ie, shadow, reflection, etc). Even better idea is to revert to 2013 approach of allowing users to left button click -> align ->horizontal or vertical. So much faster and easier with less mouse movement and clicks. Certain PowerPoint capabilities have moved backwards since 2013. #…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Move Multiple Sections

Would be so nice to be able to shift-click multiple sections and move them together in slide sorter view...

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Appropriate default slide size for new file when copying in slides

When copying slides from a presentation (i.e. 4:3 size) and opening a new file to paste them into, it would be nice that the new file open up with a 4:3 default size. Widescreen is great as a standard default, but would be nice if it more context-sensitive.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Presenter View - Show All Slides - Use Slide-Assigned Transitions

In Powerpoint 2016, when you are in Presenter View, there is an option to see thumbnails of all slides in the presentation. When you go to the Show All Slides viewer and make a selection, Powerpoint ignores any transitions you have assigned to the selected slide, so your slide transition is abrupt. For example, if your presentation uses fade transitions on all its slides, and you use the Show All Slides viewer to select a slide out of linear order, the transition to that slide will be as though you have no transition assigned. It doesn't look very smooth/polished, but…

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow us to replace double-byte fonts in presentations using Font Replacement dialog box.

It's not unusual for a presentation to indicate that it requires a double-byte font in the Font Replacement dialog box. As often as not, the font isn't really used for any text, but PowerPoint will not allow us to replace it. Ideally, PPT should tell us what text uses the font and where it is (slide, notes page, etc) but at the very least let us just replace it.

29 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Resume for Office Applications

Intro: For almost 5 years, since Apple released Mac OS X Lion in July 2011), Mac users enjoyed "Resume" feature that enables applications to re-open in exactly the same state as before quitting the application or restarting the system, including window positions and contents of unsaved files.

Problem: Lack of the "Resume" feature is what makes me dread logging off and restarting Windows. Especially when I have multiple Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents open in different virtual desktops on two monitors - having to re-create this setup after the restart is really annoying.

Suggestion: I suggest Microsoft implements this functionality…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the bug - extended transitions and cannot save setting in audio option

I am creating engaging educational videos using PowerPoint, and use the Insert Audio options to add professional voice over to each slide (in MP3 format). However, when I add the audio, it seems to inadvertently 'extend' the period of time before the slide transitions to the next slide, sometimes hanging for several seconds. I have found a quick workaround which requires me to select the option to Stop Playing after 1 slide. This works perfectly, so I add the audio, match animations to the audio then on each slide, I have to select the audio in the animation pane and…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Highlighting during presentation

Highlighter markup during presentation - In the newer versions of PowerPoint, the highlighter markers simply overwrite each other, with only the last color showing. In previous versions of PowerPoint (e.g. 2003), when highlighters overlapped they created a "blend" of colors. For example, highlighting an area with both yellow and blue created green. As a math teacher, this was extremely useful in showing where areas overlapped. Could this feature be reintroduced in an update? Thank you.

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give us "Smooth Start" and "Smooth End" options for Morph.

The new morph feature is awesome, but would like to see user control of "Smooth Start" and "Smooth End" in "Effect Options".

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bring back the ability to add rows in tables through right click

In the previous version, I could add or delete rows/columns by right clicking on the table. Now i have to go to format and do it by clicking on the relevant buttons. It takes more time. would be great to switch back

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix / grounded option for pictures

Fix / grounded option for images or text boxes, etc on screen is required as when we add images, etc on other images, etc, many times the behind objects get selected and move. This irritates the user.

This option can be added in "Picture tool - >Format -> Arrange"

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dynamic Objects (a.k.a. Symbols)

I use PowerPoint for all of my UX Design. (Been doing it for years) It's brilliant except for one thing.

Let's say I make a widget that I use on lots of pages, possibly in different spots. I have to copy/paste the widget over and over. And when I need to change the widget, I change it in many places.

I would love a feature, let's call it Dynamic Objects. It would give me an area like Slide Masters. You can make any number of dynamic objects. (1 per "page"). Give them a name. Then in your slides, under the…

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base