PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Do Not Require Checkout or Save As in Notes Page View for PowerPoint Files on SharePoint

Our organization recently moved to a full SharePoint implementation replacing our File Server. When our users are accessing a PowerPoint saved to SharePoint and select View --> Notes Page Presentation View, PowerPoint (client install) prompts "Edits made in this view will be lost when saved to the server. Use Save As to create a copy and make changes."

I've read that this is due to Microsoft not supporting co-authoring for notes. Regardless, it creates unnecessary headache for our users to Save As a new file and then reversion into the previous file.

For now we're instructing our users to Check…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting your feature request!

We are happy to announce that this issue has been fixed and released via the Monthly Channel. Please update to version 1908 (build 11929.20254) or higher, and give it a try.

Keep voting for the other features on your wish list. We are listening :)

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Inserting a link to a Stream video will be available in the latest update of PowerPoint for Windows (Version 1906, Build 11727.20210). You’ll find the button for inserting an Online Video in the ribbon under the Insert tab. Be sure to install the next update. Thanks for using PowerPoint and Stream!

3. Picture transparency

Hi! Please add a feature to adjust the transparency of pictures as a whole.
    This is a quite useful feature when creating master/ presentation sildes.
    While you are at it, could you add a slider to the "Picture Tools"-tab to adjust the transparency of a picture?

ATM, you actually can adjust the transparency of a picture, but the process of doing has too many steps and is really uninuitive.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Make-a-picture-transparent-CE96AC80-5AFC-436C-AE3F-0C78009BF704?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embed online content besides YouTube, such as Vimeo, Wistia, Facebook, and Stream

It would be so helpful to have the option of embedding videos from other sources other than just YouTube. One great source is Vimeo and it typically doesn't contain a bunch of annoying ads. For example, I want to show a particular video that is only on Vimeo and is not on YouTube. So, I need to find a workaround for this and try to make it look like a video playback as much as possible. Thank you for the consideration.

590 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Inserting a link to a video from Stream or Vimeo in addition to YouTube will be available in the latest update of PowerPoint for Windows (Version 1906, Build 11727.20210). You’ll find the button for inserting an Online Video in the ribbon under the Insert tab and can paste in a URL for any video on Stream, Vimeo, or YouTube. Be sure to install the next update. Thanks for using PowerPoint and Stream! If you’d like to see additional video providers added, please feel free to open a new request and let us know which ones matter most to you.

6. Icon picker with search

As with Online Pictures( from Web), put a search box in the icon picker.
    There are many many icons and it is slow displaying icons and a search would improve what you really want.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More icons

I absolutely love your introduction of Icons but now I want more. Please can you include more Icons to generate more variety?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add track changes to PowerPoint

Add Track Changes to PowerPoint. Treat each text box as indivdual "word" type documents so each text box keeps track of the edits even if they are moved around.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The feature of highlighting what’s changed in the presentation has started being deployed to Insider Fast and Insider Slow builds. The rest of the Office 365 subscribers will get the feature in a couple of weeks. See the post below for more information, and keep voting on other things on your wish list!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_win10/new-better-way-to-help-you-spot-changes-in/7fedd8d8-bb41-4609-8a5f-8c97cde01ce6

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

9. enable morph in powerpoint professional

I'm a decision maker for the software & hardware for 17000 people in our organization. I've been resisting an anti Microsoft camp, but my experience with office16 on the surface pro has turned me around hard this weekend. mostly the disabled morph feature in ppt & the inability to disable the handwriting panel. I wish it didn't have to be this way

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Morph feature should be available on PowerPoint Pro, for all Office 365 subscribers.

On your machine at home, are you logged in as an Office 365 subscriber? And, is your app build number higher than 16.0.6366.2025? If the answers to both questions are yes, please post your issue, along with your app build number, on the Office Answers site (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016) and we’ll follow up with an investigation. Thanks!

10. Make CTRL+V work again

Several users in DK (including me) report that CTRL+V stopped working in PowerPoint 2016 (and only CTRL+V, not e.g. CTRL+C and it still works in Word 2016).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quick Access Toolbar icon spacing in Office 2016

It appears the icon spacing in Office 2016 for the Quick Access Toolbar has been widened, I assume to accommodate touchscreen devices. With 2013 I could have as many as 50 on the QAT where now that number is reduced to near 30. As a mouse user the extra spacing is hindrance. We should be able to set that as needed.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. highlight text

In word I am able to lightlight text, but I can't do this in Powerpoint. Please add the ability to highlight text! (this isn't about highlighting during a slide show, this about highlighting text just like you can do in Word)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the ability to embed non-Youtube Video files (WMV format) into PPT 2016

Please provide the ability to embed non-Youtube Video files (WMV, MP4 formats) into PowerPoint 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Office Free.. The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type

The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type!

I hope you will have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for posting your request!

If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, msn.com) or an Office 365 work or school account, you should be able to view and edit a presentation for free in a web browser by saving the file to OneDrive or Dropbox and using PowerPoint Online to open it.
    https://office.live.com/start/PowerPoint.aspx

Hope it works as an alternative solution for you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

16. Export slides to PDF without ink markup

When exporting slides to PDF, unchecking the "include comments and ink markup" would result in a clean PDF with no ink (very useful when preparing lecture slides). That no longer works.

In the latest update, the checkbox has be re-labeled "include comments," and the ink markup shows up in the PDF regardless of its selection. Small change, but a major inconvenience when prepping lecture materials, as I now have to save duplicate copies of lecture slides.

PLEASE bring back the old functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Casey,

Thank you for submitting your feedback! I wanted to reach out to let you know that we have fixed this issue and brought back the previous functionality. If you update to the most recent version of Office, you can easily remove ink when saving as PDF just as before.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and continuing to work with us on improving our products for customers worldwide. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with Office!

Thank you,
    Elise

17. 3D animations

After I found all these amazing 3D objects I had a look at the animations but they are the same and do not use the 3D modal to its full potential.
    For Example the highlight rotate function would be perfect to rotate a 3D modal and display it from all sides.

And I think you guys working on optimizing PowerPoint are a lot more creative than I am and can come up with some more amazing animations for 3D objects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make a real autosave feature

So pretty much every competent program now has an autosave feature. PowerPoint still doesn't. It saves every once in a while and it crashes so often you have to save every time you type a letter and hope it doesn't crash while saving. Therefore, a real autosave feature would be great where it doesn't just use a periodic save function as a fake autosave. Also, PowerPoint is a hilariously unstable program and crashes all the time for no good reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Office 365 users now have AutoSave for all files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint, which enables us to sync those changes, including to others in real-time if they are collaborating with you simultaneously. For local files, you still have AutoRecover, which can help recover information if you forget to save. You can configure that setting via File > Options > Save.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

19. Autosave should warn you if you open old presentations and you're going to lose slides

In a Powerpoint presentation I built last year, I opened it so that I can remove a few sensitive slides and save-as another version. To my dismay Autosave was put on by default and promptly crashed powerpoint when I tried to deactivate it. When I opened Powerpoint I could not undo and recover the slides I deleted. This is incredibly frustrating. The user should be warned if Autosave is suddenly activated on older presentations, or warn the user that slides will be lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office will warn you that AutoSave was on for your file if you make changes to cloud files and then Save a Copy to another version. To avoid situations like this in the future, we recommend using Save a Copy first before making changes.

As you know, with Version History, which you can access by clicking on the document name in the titlebar, you can restore any previous versions of the document.

Please note that AutoSave only applies to files on OneDrive or SharePoint. For files stored elsewhere, such as your local hard drive, changes won’t get saved until you manually save.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

20. icons as bullets

Love the addition of the icon feature. It's going to save us a TON of time and space. Now to make it so we can use them as bullets, yes? It just makes sense to connect the two now...instead of saving them out as image files we'll have to "manage." That's the only way to do it for now, it seems. Please? :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base