PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Landscape send as PDF for IOS

When using the send as PDF function on powerpoint for IOS the slide renders as a landscape image on a portrait page. It would be great if it could render as a landscape image on a landscape page (as would be the case if you created a PDF on your desktop from powerpoint). Otherwise, I cannot use this to create a client ready presentation while on the road using my iPad.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New themes and colours

PowerPoint adds new themes, like themes for holidays, seasons, birthdays, etc. Instead of using the same themes over and over, trust me they get boring, we have more options than like 20. We could also have better colour options, like Glow in the Dark, Metallic, or even Neon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is the IPad Microsoft version of Power Point not Capable of adding slide numbers?

Is the IPad Microsoft version of Power Point not Capable of adding slide numbers?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add more format options on Export section

add MP4, MOV, and JPG (image format) file on export section.

it will help us a lot and make easy to us on creating a design like social media image/ video with powerpoint mobile.

thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Editing a 2016 PowerPoint presentation with office 365

When on the road I use my I pad. I purchased office 365 specifically to take work from my home computer (Office 2016) to work on. I now find that 2016 PowerPoint presentations can only be opened as “read only” and cannot be edited. Please make your windows products internally compatible!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Play audio

Even if you won’t allow audio editing in the mobile app, I’m assuming due to the cumbersome nature of adding the limited recording features present in PP, you should allow audio that is clearly already on a presentation to play in SlideShow mode. Adding an audio output connection to the app platform is not difficult.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF'S SIZE EXPORTED

The option to "export pdf"works well, but the file's size is always bigger than original file. So, when I want share the pdf exported from ppt, I need acess other program to reduce it's size. Isn't a good experience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable the capability to choose whether or not to use "Presenter View" inslide show mode on Iphone

I created a PowerPoint presentation with slides in portrait orientation.
    When I display on iPhone I am always in presenter view and lose screen real-estate to thumbnails and notes. If I turn my iPhone sideways, I am out of presenter view but the images are portrait on a landscape screen.

You only have an arrow or play option for slide show. You can’t chose which mode to play in as on a PC or IPAD. On the PC and IPAD when you click “slide show” , you have capability to choose your mode/view. That does not exist on IPhone. It…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On a iOS device it should be possible to Play a video automatically in a slide show

On a iphone one can import a video from the camera roll. BUT it cannot played automatically by switching the slide. That‘s a really important feature for using videos in the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock on-screen elements to do text manipulation

There should be a mode on iOS (let's call it "Wordsmithing" mode) where by activating that mode, all the on-screen elements become locked in place and the only thing that happens when you touch the screen is that the cursor allows you to edit text wherever you touch the screen. Right now, if I'm sitting in a meeting with a PPT deck and people are recommending changes to the text or we are "wordsmithing" a PPT slide together, the only way to get into a text box is to accurately double tap it. But in real life, what happens is…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Segoe UI Font Support

The Segoe UI font family (Light, Semilight, Regular, Semibold, Bold) is automatically installed in Windows OS and Office installations. Plus, it is natively available in Office Online (ex. PowerPoint Online). But, it is not included in Office for macOS or mobile (ios/android). Please bring Segoe UI support to these final platforms!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom templates (PowerPoint, Word, ...)

We would like to see ability to have custom/corporate templates available on NEW tab within Office App (PowerPoint, Word, ...).
    Currently only Microsoft predefined templates are available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PPT on Ipad Pro version 10.2 keeps crashing when opening up notes to type in. Needs a fix.

After the update, the app continuously crashes whenever the notes section is opened up to type in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linking of Power Point presentation with Excel workings or Charts

There is no way to link Power point presentations with excel charts on iPad. so every time when excel file or chart gets updated, we to gain copy & paste the chart on Power point. If it can be linked with excel data, it will be updated automatically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable handwriting to text recognition

Would be useful to have the conversion of handwriting with the Apple Pencil to typeface. I believe this functionality already exists on the surface.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "Find and Replace" feature

Ability to find a text and replace it with another text. Essential for editing a PowerPoint presentation. Available on all other versions of PPT.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fernsteuerung durch Apple Watch und Apple Pencil

Es wäre fantastisch, wenn ich meine Präsentation auf dem iPad mit meiner Apple Watch steuern könnte oder mit meinem Apple Pencil.

Ich weiß, dass es die Fernsteuerung durch die Apple Watch beim iPhone gibt, aber ich vermisse sie beim iPad und MacBook.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 애플펜슬로 슬라이드 넘길 수 있도록 해주세요

애플펜슬로 슬라이드 넘길 수 있었으면 좋겠습니다.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show next slide in presenter mode using left/right button

PPT on ipad in presenter mode does not advance slides when being paired with a wireless presenter, like the Logitech R500 or similar. This needs to changed in order to use it professionally.
    (Note: if one edits the document and clicks, e.g., into a textfield, the cursor moves left/right when pushing the buttons on the presenter)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base