How can we improve PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Lock on-screen elements to do text manipulation

There should be a mode on iOS (let's call it "Wordsmithing" mode) where by activating that mode, all the on-screen elements become locked in place and the only thing that happens when you touch the screen is that the cursor allows you to edit text wherever you touch the screen. Right now, if I'm sitting in a meeting with a PPT deck and people are recommending changes to the text or we are "wordsmithing" a PPT slide together, the only way to get into a text box is to accurately double tap it. But in real life, what happens is that as the finger touches different parts of the screen, boxes and shapes and headlines and other elements just keep moving around accidentally. With the new "Wordsmithing" mode, the only thing that touch would do would be to help edit text. Once you're done with editing text, you could flip back to normal mode and PPT would act just as it does right now.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neil BarmanNeil Barman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...