How can we improve PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Case Ref No. 1433042232 Hi. Im an Office 365 Home subscriber. Powerpoint freezes and crashes when running slideshow under iOS 12 beta.

Case Ref No. 1433042232
Hi. Im an Office 365 Home subscriber. Powerpoint freezes and crashes when running slideshow under iOS 12 beta. I do not know if the bug is iOS Powerpoint incompatibility with iOS 12 or it is an iOS 12 beta bug affecting iOS Powerpoint, but I’ve tried all kinds of ppt files, including the sample ppt file “Welcome to Powerpoint,” but the app freezes whenever I run slideshow. I’m using an iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 7 plus that are running iOS 12 beta 3. The freezing started with iOS 12 beta 1 on both my iPad and iPhone. Anyone else having this problem? Is Microsoft to be the one to address this problem or Apple?

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DaveC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaveC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Powerpoint slideshow also runs fine under iOS 12 beta on an iPad Pro 9.7 but not on the iPad Pro 10.5. So the problem is probably with the code for 10.5 under iOS 12 beta.

• DaveC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried running those PPT files in other devices: Macbook and Windows laptop and they all run fine. The problem seems to be isolated only with iOS 12 beta on my iPad Pro and iPhone 7 plus. Also created a new PPT file in my iPad Pro, and all the same, the app freezes when I run slideshow. Apple’s Keynote can run those PPT files after conversion fine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base