PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. power point formats

power point presentation suitable for DVD PLAYER!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove borders around slides when printing

Allow the app to change print borders, how slides are printed, multi slide printing, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better support for offline work and cloud services

My company uses Box and I often use Word while commuting offline. Two things:
    - to open a file from Box, I have to take many steps: ...More to open iCloud document picker, locations, Box, file. The number of steps could be reduced, if I could select Box from the main menu, like Dropbox and OneDrive
    - if I use Word to edit a file stored in an offline folder in Box and save and close it, the file disappears from Word. It is somewhere in an invisible upload queue and only when I go back online, it will start…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom pencil settings in presentation mode

Allow pen/pencil color and thickness settings to be customizable in presentation mode (AND ALLOW THOSE SETTINGS TO BE SAVED) on the iPad.

The defaults are terrible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Compare PowerPoint features on different platforms does not advise if a feature created on a different platform is accessible.

A simple extra option in this comparison could confirm if features created on a different platform can be used on a more restricted platform like an iPhone.

E.g. I would like to know if timed transitions created on another platform can be used on an iPhone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lock on-screen elements to do text manipulation

There should be a mode on iOS (let's call it "Wordsmithing" mode) where by activating that mode, all the on-screen elements become locked in place and the only thing that happens when you touch the screen is that the cursor allows you to edit text wherever you touch the screen. Right now, if I'm sitting in a meeting with a PPT deck and people are recommending changes to the text or we are "wordsmithing" a PPT slide together, the only way to get into a text box is to accurately double tap it. But in real life, what happens is…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug in Powerpoint for iOS

Dear Sir/Madam,
    In the latest update(s) of Powerpoint for iOS there is bug which distorts some, not all, inserted pictures (compressing them in one of the two dimensions). Please correct this as quickly as possible. The same presentation looks perfect using both the latest macOS Sierra or Windows 7 versions of PowerPoint. Luckily, Keynote has become so good in opening PowerPoint files both on Mac, iPhone or iPad, which helped me out temporarily (until the bug is being fixed).
    Regards,
    Lennart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 'Triggers' removal iPad Powerpoint App

We developed a large presentation based on using the 'triggers' functionality in version 1.30. You removed this functionality in version 2.0.3. Is there any plan to return this lost functionality to future updates as this makes our presentation unusable now.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve text box entry with hardware keyboard

Entering text into a text box in PowerPoint for iOS is painful. You need to double-tap the text box or tap once and select the pop-up menu to edit. As text boxes can be quite high up the screen, touching the screen for double-tapping repeatedly is painful and frustrating. Why not use a single tap to activate text entry?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video

Video connect

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix PPT freezing on new iPad Pro 12.9.

PPT freezes on my new iPad Pro 12.9, latest version of both. Freezes after 6 or so embedded video clips have played.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please let me select a custom slide show on my iPad like I can on my windows 10 laptop.

Please let me select a custom slide show on my iPad like I can on my Windows 10 laptop. To use my iPad for presentation I have to laboriously hide slides instead of simply using a customer slide show.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Revert to turning off finger input when using Apple Pencil as previous versions did (I use pencil primarily for inking)

I mark up (ink) my presentation is real time with my Apple Pencil in my software engineering seminars. I then (in the past) advance the slide by swiping my finger. Now my finger continues to ink and I have to tap the inking selection.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After recent MS Office update(2017.4.10), Large file size or Long file name PPT does not open on Ipad Pro & Iphone. Needs a rapid fix.

After recent MS Office update(2017.4.10), Large file size or Long file name PPT does not be opened on Ipad Pro & Iphone.
    Needs a rapid fix.
    Short file name PPT can be opened, but needs very very~ long opening time.(5~10 minutes).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speakers view stopwatch

It would be very nice if the speakers view is accompanied by a stopwatch. Power Point App on iOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PPT on Ipad Pro version 10.2 keeps crashing when opening up notes to type in. Needs a fix.

After the update, the app continuously crashes whenever the notes section is opened up to type in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Virtual trackpad does not work well

When you in a text box in PowerPoint with the on-screen keyboard and iOS 9+, you should be able to use the virtual trackpad to move the cursor around the text box (pressing and holding the keyboard with two fingers). This works well in all iOS first-party apps and MS Word.

However in PowerPoint there are two problems:
    - once you double tap a text box to edit the text box and press the keyboard with two fingers, the cursor jumps to another place. This should not happen.
    - when I move the cursor around, the cursor discretely jumps from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix displaying notes

The newest update for iPad (1.28) has broken notes. When I display the notes, it crashes PowerPoint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base