PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the iOS version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞 If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click on the user icon, then “Help& Feedback”, then “Tell Us What Can Be Better” in the PowerPoint mobile app.This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠
  1. Allow Audio Recording and Screencasting from iPad app

Audio recordings of student work is becoming a powerful tool in the classroom, but the PPT app version for iPad doesn't allow you to insert an audio recording over your slides or use screencasting. Please consider this for our teachers!!! Other apps will rule if this is not an option for users.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give Presenter view the same flexibility as in Windows

In presenter view, allow the current slide to be resized and/or removed and the notes to be expanded to the whole screen and the font size increased.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can’t type comments in PowerPoint for iPad after the 2.10 update.

I can insert a new comment, but no text box appears — just my name and date. I can’t edit past comments or reply to comments either.
    I’ve “reset” the app through settings, logged out, and even deleted the app, restarted the ipad, and reinstalled the app. I’m on a regular ipad, not ipad pro, and the ipad is updated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Again for drag and drop for PowerPoint from office 365 subscriber.

It’s so inconvenient that PowePoint for IOS doesn’t support Drag and Drop function. I’ve literally switched my PPT work to Keynotes on my iPad just for that Function. I’ve got tons of pic and video need to be added, and by using Keynotes, I don’t have to save the video and pic to Gallery evertimes in order to insert them. But for PowerPoints...... u guys know what have to be done in order to Insert....

So disappointed by Office team as a subscriber. Cannot understand why they cannot fix this issue in such a long time. They should already be…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notes - increase font font in powerpoint presentation mode

Increase the font of the letter in the comments of the presenter NOTES - in the presentation mode of the power point

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files app

Add support for the files app in iOS11

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The slide notes cover the slide screen after updating this app on the iPad. When I press“slide note”,slide doesn’t be reduced automatically.

The slide notes cover the slide screen after updating the PowerPoint app on the iPad. Just three days ago, when you press the slide note button on the iPad horizontal screen, the slide notes will open on the right screen, and the slide notes will be left in the right hand screen and the slide screen will be smaller, and the slide will not be reduced automatically. When you activate the slide note, you can't hide the right side of the slide content. We zoom in with zoom in as we zoom in, but we're back to square one and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature to help people with "Essential Tremor" draw figures

This request is for a feature to help people with "Essential Tremor" draw figures: When using Powerpoint on my laptop, I can use "Insert", "Shapes", "Lines" and select the 2nd option from the right to draw polygons with straight edges. This feature does not appear to be available on the iPad Powerpoint. The only option that could be used to draw a polygon on the iPad is a "freeform line" and, because of what is called an "Essential Tremor", the figure that results is unrecognizable Please add the shape tool from the MacOS Powerpoint or a similar feature to Powerpoint…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit chart data inside PowerPoint

Currently importing a chart from excel to PowerPoint is showing as a picture.Will be a future update that you you would be able to edit the data of a chart inside PowerPoint without opening excel again?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office Mix Add on for Mac and iOS

Can we have Office Mix on PowerPoint for Mac and iOS?
    We pay full price for Office 365 and this is an excellent tool we are denied because we don't use a Windows device.
    Come on Microsoft you are doing great things but we need more parity between Mac OS/iOS and Windows software versions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add the view and edit possibilities of handouts

I miss the possibility to view, create and edit handouts in the iOS-Version Please add this function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The slide notes cover the slide screen after updating this app on the iPad. When I press“slide note”,slide doesn’t be reduced automatically.

The slide notes cover the slide screen after updating the PowerPoint app on the iPad. Just three days ago, when you press the slide note button on the iPad horizontal screen, the slide notes will open on the right screen, and the slide notes will be left in the right hand screen and the slide screen will be smaller, and the slide will not be reduced automatically. When you activate the slide note, you can't hide the right side of the slide content. We zoom in with zoom in as we zoom in, but we're back to square one and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Google drive support for Office for iOS

Please make Powerpoint compatible with Google Drive, to enable easy open, edit and save of PPT files stored on Drive. Like it is possible for Dropbox, Onedrive and several other third party cloud storage providers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom pencil settings in presentation mode

Allow pen/pencil color and thickness settings to be customizable in presentation mode (AND ALLOW THOSE SETTINGS TO BE SAVED) on the iPad.

The defaults are terrible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better support for offline work and cloud services

My company uses Box and I often use Word while commuting offline. Two things:
    - to open a file from Box, I have to take many steps: ...More to open iCloud document picker, locations, Box, file. The number of steps could be reduced, if I could select Box from the main menu, like Dropbox and OneDrive
    - if I use Word to edit a file stored in an offline folder in Box and save and close it, the file disappears from Word. It is somewhere in an invisible upload queue and only when I go back online, it will start…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fill a form with a picture

Filloption for a form with a picture is one of my most used style elements on desktop version and it would be great to have it also mobile.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Segoe UI Font Support

The Segoe UI font family (Light, Semilight, Regular, Semibold, Bold) is automatically installed in Windows OS and Office installations. Plus, it is natively available in Office Online (ex. PowerPoint Online). But, it is not included in Office for macOS or mobile (ios/android). Please bring Segoe UI support to these final platforms!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need the ability to edit Pen Settings in Presentation Mode

The current color selections in Presentation mode are not ADA compliant. I checked each color against a standard white background - no good for visual impairment.

Add the ability to change (and save!) pen settings for presentation mode. This could read directly from the draw pen color/thickness settings (which should also be edit-(and save!) friendly!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lock on-screen elements to do text manipulation

There should be a mode on iOS (let's call it "Wordsmithing" mode) where by activating that mode, all the on-screen elements become locked in place and the only thing that happens when you touch the screen is that the cursor allows you to edit text wherever you touch the screen. Right now, if I'm sitting in a meeting with a PPT deck and people are recommending changes to the text or we are "wordsmithing" a PPT slide together, the only way to get into a text box is to accurately double tap it. But in real life, what happens is…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base