How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Mobile Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Enable external hyperlinks to slides in other presentations and to video files

Unlike on PCs, hyperlinks only currently work to slides within the same presentation in mobile applications. This is illustrated by the two examples in the folder PP Test, accessible through the link
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvSnxmSHPgCOiWdJZub1sLF7ds61, which contains 3 powerpoint files and a video file. The first example is represented by File 1, which contains a single powerpoint presentation with locally linked hidden slides and an integrated video file. The second example is represented by the two powerpoint files File 2 and File 2.1 and the video file Windmills.mp4. A slide show of File 1 works the same way on a PC and in Windows mobile and displays all linked slides and plays the incorporated vide clip. However, although a slide show of File 2 plays perfectly on a PC, on Windows 10 Mobile the external hyperlinks neither to the slides in File 2.1 nor to the video file work. The absence of support for external hyperlinks essentially means that existing presentations which use external hyperlinks (as I extensively do) are not portable to Windows 10 mobile. Also note the size difference between powerpoint files with and without embedded video.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea